NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Mind blowing that the most successful franchise since 1999 blew the Kawhi situation

http://hoopscritic.com/where-the-spurs-went-wrong/

- Spurs misdiagnosed Kawhi's inury
    - Dumb players on the team think Kawhi is healthy and call him out without knowing about the situation.
    - Kawhi feels betrayed and asks for a trade

I mean, how does the most respected franchise in the NBA mess this bad? They had a franchise player, an all-time great, but piss him off and asks for a trade just because they couldn't be patient with his injury. It's mind blowing.

Default Re: Mind blowing that the most successful franchise since 1999 blew the Kawhi situation

My sources(skip bayless) tell me that doctors couldn't find anything wrong with him and that he essentially pulled, what is known in the industry as, a "Fultz"

Default Re: Mind blowing that the most successful franchise since 1999 blew the Kawhi situation

Did the writer actually bring forth any real information or did he just rehash what was previously reported?

Sure, if you take Kiwi's camp at their 100% word, the Spurs went from the respected franchise that you waxed poetic about to a dumpster fire over night.

Rumor has it, the Spurs hesitated on offering the supermax to Kawhi due to not only his latest injury, but his overall history of injuries. Kawhi was insulted.

As a small franchise the Spurs can't afford to make stupid mistakes and expect to survive long. They had already f'd up big with the Pau contract, which I'll bet was a factor in all this.

Perhaps in being conservative they made a mistake, but it won't be known for sure until 3-5 years down the line.

He doesn't exactly look 100% out there to anyone that's watching and if these are complications from the same injury, he may be a time-bomb waiting to go off.

Oh Sh*t