Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Embiid and Giannis are pretenders

I thought OP had made this thread last night. Giannis proved him wrong, but he's right on Embiid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    I thought OP had made this thread last night. Giannis proved him wrong, but he's right on Embiid.
    He's wrong about(as it applies to 2024) both but he's more right about Giannis than he is Embiid. A lack of skill is not holding Embiid back. While it is holding Giannis back somewhat, he has enough to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Its a joke bruh. Its funny that OP would call someone who is a proven champion a 'pretender'

EDIT: just saw this thread made in 2019

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    He did specify “up to this point” in the op. Giannis was a pretender back then and Embiid averages 24 ppg on 46% in the playoffs. Embiid is the harden of centers, big and skilled for their respective positions and can’t play without the ticky tack calls of the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    He did specify “up to this point” in the op. Giannis was a pretender back then and Embiid averages 24 ppg on 46% in the playoffs. Embiid is the harden of centers, big and skilled for their respective positions and can’t play without the ticky tack calls of the regular season.
    Giannis was never a pretender. You don't have one of the best, if not the best finals ever while ever being a pretender.