Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread:

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    For starters, LEARN to comprhend shit! My point was IN COMPARISON to what MJ was doing from 3ball land, Kobe was a BETTER 3 point shooter! I NEVER SAID in general Kobe was a very good-great three point shooter over the long haul! Secondly, does your BITCH ASS know what fundamentals-technical skills are???? Ole HOE ASS! I said Wade was very similar to MJ himself. Shit even said his athletic ability is more similar to MJ.

BUT in terms of fundamentals-technical shit, Kobe was CLOSER to MJ. Size wise, Kobe was CLOSER to MJ! Wade functioned more as SG-PG type. MJ and Kobe functioned more as SG-SF who COULD ALSO run the point if they had too. And FINALLY both DOMIANTED within the triangle offense at an EPIC LEVEL! Which adds to even MORE CREDIBILITY in terms of how similar they are!

Bottom line shit.... MJ and Kobe WERE COMPARED MORE FAVORABLY than MJ and Wade. And peak-prime wise, IF Wade was SO SIMILAR to Kobe, then why do MANY PEOPLE consider Kobe the superior player peak-prime wise???? If Wade was the CLOSEST THING to peak MJ THEN Wade HANDS DOWN would be seen better than Kobe peak-pirme wise BY EVERYBODY!!! Because peak-prime MJ HANDS DOWN is the best player to EVER TOUCH THE ROCK!!! Now go talk hoops at the little kids table with your dumb ass!!!!
    Because casual fans are stupid and they make up the majority of opinions. Anyone who knows what they are talking about knows a peak Wade was better than a peak Kobe. You're boring. Goodbye.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    In some peripheral aspects, maybe.

Overall?

2006-2008 Kobe was there with him.
    Cringe. 2006 Kobe? Who played zero defense while 2009 Wade was arguably the best defensive player at his position while dropping 30 and 8? lol. Wade really makes those excuses for kobe go out the window when he had as much to carry offensively, but was actually elite defensively doing it. Kobe has at no point in his career ever been as good as Jordan and Wade were while also playing elite defensively through the 82 grind season. He was always average at best during most of his career.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Cringe. 2006 Kobe? Who played zero defense while 2009 Wade was arguably the best defensive player at his position while dropping 30 and 8? lol. Wade really makes those excuses for kobe go out the window when he had as much to carry offensively, but was actually elite defensively doing it.
    The only one cringing is me @ your goofy ass.

We're talking about skills. Their individual games. And who resembled Jordan.

Not who matched him statistically or got close with in "PER". Even then, 2008 Kobe was just as good as Wade if you include postseason play.

Default Re:

Not who matched him statistically or got close with in "PER". Even then, 2008 Kobe was just as good as Wade if you include postseason play.
    If you say so. I think I will just excuse myself from this thread. Have a wonderful day.

Default Re:

Exactly! If you look at size, positional versatility, and overall package of skills, Kobe is FOR SURE more similar to MJ! As u mentioned earlier, Wade from an athletic standpoint was very similar to a young MJ. And D Wade was of course the total package himself in terms of scoring, passing, and defending his postion. But's it's RARE as hell to find two icons from different eras so similar to each other in terms of size and skillset. The Magic-Bron, Wilt-Shaq, etc. comparisons are very good or great ones. But not as close as MJ-Kobe!

Default Re:

Cringe. 2006 Kobe? Who played zero defense while 2009 Wade was arguably the best defensive player at his position while dropping 30 and 8? lol. Wade really makes those excuses for kobe go out the window when he had as much to carry offensively, but was actually elite defensively doing it. Kobe has at no point in his career ever been as good as Jordan and Wade were while also playing elite defensively through the 82 grind season. He was always average at best during most of his career.
    Smoke bringin the smoke

Default Re:

If you say so. I think I will just excuse myself from this thread. Have a wonderful day.
    Not trying to be a dick, but you're naive.

I mean seriously.

Kobe never being on 2009 Wade level? He was on "Wade level" that SAME year

https://sites.google.com/site/rapmstats/rapm
    (#2 overall in postseason RAPM)

And that's with a BETTER team

2008 Kobe was also as great as 2009 Wade if we're including postseason play.

Default Re:

Not trying to be a dick, but you're naive.

I mean seriously.

Kobe never being on 2009 Wade level? He was on "Wade level" that SAME year

https://sites.google.com/site/rapmstats/rapm
    (#2 overall in postseason RAPM)

And that's with a BETTER team

2008 Kobe was also as great as 2009 Wade if we're including postseason play.
    PER
    ORtg
    DRtg
    GameScore

Thanks

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Exactly! If you look at size, positional versatility, and overall package of skills, Kobe is FOR SURE more similar to MJ! As u mentioned earlier, Wade from an athletic standpoint was very similar to a young MJ. And D Wade was of course the total package himself in terms of scoring, passing, and defending his postion. But's it's RARE as hell to find two icons from different eras so similar to each other in terms of size and skillset. The Magic-Bron, Wilt-Shaq, etc. comparisons are very good or great ones. But not as close as MJ-Kobe!
    I mean, its obvious if you actually watched them play.

Mfers on here just want to argue

"Yeah Kobe was more skilled."
    "Nah f*ck that. So and so were more skilled!"
    "How? Why?"
    "Man I know why. Who gives a shit about that!?! Lets talk stats!"

Its alright to give Kobe credit, people. I promise you'll be OK.

Default Re:

I mean, its obvious if you actually watched them play.

Mfers on here just want to argue

"Yeah Kobe was more skilled."
    "Nah f*ck that. So and so were more skilled!"
    "How? Why?"
    "Man I know why. Who gives a shit about that!?! Lets talk stats!"

Its alright to give Kobe credit people. I promise you'll be OK.
    Seasons shooting above .469

Kobe = 0/20
    MJ = 10/15

zero Bye

Default Re:

This just proves that 3ball really is a undercover Kobetard disguised as a Jordantard.... instead of spitting at Kobe here and having an essay on why Jordan is better than Kobe he instead didnt mind it at all and started talking about... how Lebron sux...

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    I would trust an NBA player over a random person. But my point is your comparison is whack. The knowledge gap in their field between a top 400 doctor in the world and the average person is a lot more vast than that between a top 400 basketball player and that same average person.
    This is incorrect. You ask a random person who Giannis is, chances are they wouldn't know. Heck, you ask an average person how tall the hoop is, or something as basic as how many NBA teams there are, most of the population doesn't know these things.

Default Re:

thank you Dwight, making dumb ballers opinions irrelevant

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    thank you Dwight, making dumb ballers opinions irrelevant
    Precisely

Default Re:

Dwight grew up on 2nd 3-Peat MJ and 08-10 Kobe is just as good, if not better.

Playoffs

08-10 Kobe: 30/6/6 56.9%TS
    96-98 MJ: 31/6/4 54.3%TS

Kobe had more mileage and had bad knees and a broken index finger on his shooting hand.