Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread:

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re:

If I miss basketball, I watch Kobe

Default Re:

[QUOTE=Xiengqichess]If I miss basketball, I watch Kobe

Default Re:

Dwight saw it first hand when Kobe carried a bunch of D-leaguers and injured vets to the Playoffs in 2013... Dwight ain't forgot about the nuts in his face and the 09 Finals.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Elite doctors? I think you misunderstand the point.

The point is, you'd trust NBA player's opinion about the NBA more than a random person, just like you'd trust a doctor's opinion more than your average person. Even if they sometimes make a mistake, like Dwight in this case.
    I would trust an NBA player over a random person. But my point is your comparison is whack. The knowledge gap in their field between a top 400 doctor in the world and the average person is a lot more vast than that between a top 400 basketball player and that same average person.

College superstar

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    I would trust an NBA player over a random person. But my point is your comparison is whack. The knowledge gap in their field between a top 400 doctor in the world and the average person is a lot more vast than that between a top 400 basketball player and that same average person.

Maybe surgeons, but your top 400 Joe Blow family practitioners ain’t shit. Way bigger gap between a professional athlete and the average person.

Default Re:

Scoring skillset wise, Kobe was a bit more skilled than MJ. Used the 3 ball much more because it was a different era. And his handles were a bit better. When u combined scoring skillset, handles, defense, and passing as a package, Kobe is the most skilled player of all time in my opinion!

BUT in terms of ACTUAL results and who the better player is, MJ IS SUPERIOR to Kobe! Much more efficient, more freakish athletic, a just as good or better passer, a better rebounder, and a better defender! Kobe was the total package too OF COURSE! But MJ is the ULTIMATE TOTAL PACKAGE!! Results and skillset are two different things.

If ANYTHING, Kobe is the closest thing we've seen to what MJ brought to the table. BUT that's the thing... The other guys in the top 10 GOAT, TOTALLY redefined their position! MJ, Cap, Magic, Bron, Russ, Wilt, Bird, Shaq, and Duncan all did that! Kobe added shit to the MJ scoring skillset. But he wasn't as good as MJ though. MJ broke the mold!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Scoring skillset wise, Kobe was a bit more skilled than MJ. Used the 3 ball much more because it was a different era. And his handles were a bit better. When u combined scoring skillset, handles, defense, and passing as a package, Kobe is the most skilled player of all time in my opinion!

BUT in terms of ACTUAL results and who the better player is, MJ IS SUPERIOR to Kobe! Much more efficient, more freakish athletic, a just as good or better passer, a better rebounder, and a better defender! Kobe was the total package too OF COURSE! But MJ is the ULTIMATE TOTAL PACKAGE!! Results and skillset are two different things.

If ANYTHING, Kobe is the closest thing we've seen to what MJ brought to the table. BUT that's the thing... The other guys in the top 10 GOAT, TOTALLY redefined their position! MJ, Cap, Magic, Bron, Russ, Wilt, Bird, Shaq, and Duncan all did that! Kobe added shit to the MJ scoring skillset. But he wasn't as good as MJ though. MJ broke the mold!
    What does that even matter when homeboy was such a mediocre 3pt shooter? Also, a peak Wade is easily the closest thing we've ever seen to what MJ brought to the table. Kobe is comparable to a post comeback past his prime MJ. Wade, on the other hand, is comparable to a prime MJ both offensively and defensively.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    What does that even matter when homeboy was such a mediocre 3pt shooter? Also, a peak Wade is easily the closest thing we've ever seen to what MJ brought to the table. Kobe is comparable to a post comeback past his prime MJ. Wade, on the other hand, is comparable to a prime MJ.
    Big facts

Default Re:

What does that even matter when homeboy was such a mediocre 3pt shooter? Also, a peak Wade is easily the closest thing we've ever seen to what MJ brought to the table. Kobe is comparable to a post comeback past his prime MJ. Wade, on the other hand, is comparable to a prime MJ both offensively and defensively.
    LMAO!!! My point was Kobe WAS a better 3 point shooter than MJ AT LEAST! Kobe had multiple seasons where he shot at least 35% from 3ball land. While making over 100 3's. Those aren't are mediocore three point seasons. That was my damn point! Secondly, Kobe's handles were a bit better as well. And he had all the tricks MJ had inside the 3 point line. And FOR THE RECORD, I'm not gonna argue with ANYBODY who thinks MJ is the most skilled player ever. Of course he's right there with anybody!

MJ was hands down the superior player. And Wade was NOT the closest thing to MJ overall as a player. His explosiveness was more similar. And he had MJ elements for sure no doubt about it! BUT Kobe was an explosive athlete himself. From a technical standpoint, EVERYBODY who truly knows hoops know that Kobe is MORE SIMILAR to MJ! Wade's BRAND OF ATHLETIC ABILITY was more similar to MJ's though! And for you to say Wade was EASILY the closest thing to MJ IS A JOKE!!! If u took the EASILY part out of that BULLSHIT statement, then OF COURSE Wade has a case!

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    LMAO!!! My point was Kobe WAS a better 3 point shooter than MJ AT LEAST! Kobe had multiple seasons where he shot at least 35% from 3ball land. While making over 100 3's. Those aren't are mediocore three point seasons. That was my damn point! Secondly, Kobe's handles were a bit better as well. And he had all the tricks MJ had inside the 3 point line. And FOR THE RECORD, I'm not gonna argue with ANYBODY who thinks MJ is the most skilled player ever. Of course he's right there with anybody!

MJ was hands down the superior player. And Wade was NOT the closest thing to MJ overall as a player. His explosiveness was more similar. And he had MJ elements for sure no doubt about it! BUT Kobe was an explosive athlete himself. From a technical standpoint, EVERYBODY who truly knows hoops know that Kobe is MORE SIMILAR to MJ! Wade's BRAND OF ATHLETIC ABILITY was more similar to MJ's though! And for you to say Wade was EASILY the closest thing to MJ IS A JOKE!!! If u took the EASILY part out of that BULLSHIT statement, then OF COURSE Wade has a case!
    Clearly you barely even watched Jordan if you think Kobe is closer to a prime MJ than Wade is. Also, become better at math. Kobe had "multiple" seasons where he shot at least 35% from 3pt land? He has exactly 4 in 20 seasons. I don't think anyone would call shooting above 35% for twenty percent of your career "multiple seasons". Imbecile.

Default Re:

The only thing Wade was closest to was early 80s Jordan.

And that's from a physical standpoint.

No other player was more similar to Jordan than Kobe. Mainly because Kobe aped his game. Bean's entire arsenal resemebled 96-98 Jordan minus the mental (Mike was always the smarter player). Throw in 'prettier' handles plus the 3PT shot, and you could argue Kobe was more skilled.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    The only thing Wade was closest to was early 80s Jordan.

And that's from a physical standpoint.

No other player was more similar to Jordan than Kobe. Mainly because Kobe aped his game. Bean's entire arsenal resemebled 96-98 Jordan minus the mental (Mike was always the smarter player). Throw in 'prettier' handles plus the 3PT shot, and you could argue Kobe was more skilled.
    A 2009 Wade is pretty easily the closest any SG has ever come to being as good as a peak MJ.

Default Re:

Clearly you barely even watched Jordan if you think Kobe is closer to a prime MJ than Wade is. Also, become better at math. Kobe had "multiple" seasons where he shot at least 35% from 3pt land? He has exactly 4 in 20 seasons. I don't think anyone would call shooting above 35% for twenty percent of your career impressive. Imbecile.
    For starters, LEARN to comprhend shit! My point was IN COMPARISON to what MJ was doing from 3ball land, Kobe was a BETTER 3 point shooter! I NEVER SAID in general Kobe was a very good-great three point shooter over the long haul! Secondly, does your BITCH ASS know what fundamentals-technical skills are???? Ole HOE ASS! I said Wade was very similar to MJ himself. Shit even said his athletic ability is more similar to MJ.

BUT in terms of fundamentals-technical shit, Kobe was CLOSER to MJ. Size wise, Kobe was CLOSER to MJ! Wade functioned more as SG-PG type. MJ and Kobe functioned more as SG-SF who COULD ALSO run the point if they had too. And FINALLY both DOMIANTED within the triangle offense at an EPIC LEVEL! Which adds to even MORE CREDIBILITY in terms of how similar they are!

Bottom line shit.... MJ and Kobe WERE COMPARED MORE FAVORABLY than MJ and Wade. IF Wade was SO SIMILAR to MJ, then why do MANY PEOPLE consider Kobe the superior player peak-prime wise to Wade???? If Wade was the CLOSEST THING to peak MJ, THEN Wade would be seen as better than Kobe BY EVERYBODY!!! Because MJ HANDS DOWN is the best player to EVER TOUCH THE ROCK!!! Now go talk hoops at the little kids table with your dumb ass!!!!
    Last edited by bizil; 05-03-2019 at 04:50 PM.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Well sometimes doctors prescribe the wrong meds, or say something wrong, or being a pedo like Larry Nassar. Does that mean you'd take a Walmart janitor's word over doctors? Of course not. In general you trust doctors more than non doctors over medical stuff. The same applies here.
    What an absolutely horrid analogy

Default Re:

A 2009 Wade is pretty easily the closest any SG has ever come to being as good as a peak MJ.
    In some peripheral aspects, maybe.

Overall?

2006-2008 Kobe was there with him.