Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread:

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Well sometimes doctors prescribe the wrong meds, or say something wrong, or being a pedo like Larry Nassar. Does that mean you'd take a Walmart janitor's word over doctors? Of course not. In general you trust doctors more than non doctors over medical stuff. The same applies here.
    You don't need an elite understanding of basketball to be an elite player. You do need an elite knowledge of medicine to be an elite doctor. You actually have to pass a knowledge test, multiple times to even become one. Not even in the same ball park.
    Last edited by FKAri; 05-03-2019 at 09:10 AM.

Default Re:

Its so funny watching Kobe haters meltdown when the players who are on the court day in and day out with and against all of these players in the league expose the true context and reality of the sport from a pure first person perspective... from many first person perspectives, not just a few.
    Last edited by superduper; 05-03-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Default Re:

Well sometimes doctors prescribe the wrong meds, or say something wrong, or being a pedo like Larry Nassar. Does that mean you'd take a Walmart janitor's word over doctors? Of course not. In general you trust doctors more than non doctors over medical stuff. The same applies here.
    What? Terrible, terrible example. Basketball players usually rely on their athleticism and genetics to be successful. You can only work so hard at being a good basketball player, before limitations set in. You can't teach size. You can't teach 6'8.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Its so funny watching Kobe haters meltdown when the players who are on the court day in and day out with and against all of these players in the league expose the true context and reality of the sport from a pure first person perspective... from many first person perspectives, not just a few.

Actually, yes I agree with Dwight Howard, you are right.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25

At least someone out there gets it.

NBA players opinions can be as complete dogshit as the fans, if not significantly worse.

The "BUT HE PLAYED AND UR A KEYBOARD NURD HAHAH!!! I'LL TAKE THE WORD OF PAUL PIERCE OVER U... THANK U VVVVVVVVEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY MUCH! UR A NOBODY! DMBASS!~!`" argument is the laziest and most incomplete argument ever and I cringe uncontrollably every single time I read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    You don't need an elite understanding of basketball to be an elite player. You do need an elite knowledge of medicine to be an elite doctor. You actually have to pass a knowledge test, multiple times to even become one. Not even in the same ball park.
    Exactly. 100% dead on boom.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Actually, yes I agree with Dwight Howard, you are right.

“Everything Jordan did, Kobe did it better.”

He wouldn't dare say that about LeBron because it would be even more laughable. Kobe does nothing better than LeBron, therefore...

LeBron
    Kobe
    Jordan

Congratulations, you played yourself
    Bro if you think Dwight thinks Bran is better than Kobe then more power to you man, just want you to stay sane.

Dwight, just like 95% of all of the others who have touched an NBA court, know Kobe > Bran. It's just a reality that we have to live with. That LeGOAT isn't respected by his peers like he is by ESPN

Default Re:

Bro if you think Dwight thinks Bran is better than Kobe then more power to you man, just want you to stay sane.

Dwight, just like 95% of all of the others who have touched an NBA court, know Kobe > Bran. It's just a reality that we have to live with. That LeGOAT isn't respected by his peers like he is by ESPN
    "Everything Jordan did, Kobe did it better.

Default Re:

As usual you're deflecting and missing the entire point.

The point is that you would take the opinion from a professional of a certain field about the field they are in a lot more seriously than you would take the opinion of your local newspaper writer's opinion on the same topic...and rightfully so. Guys playing in the highest level of competition in the entire world in their field, playing with and against these guys day in and day out, know what it truly takes and know the reality of the situation a hell of a lot better than Brian Windhorst etc.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Default Re:

As usual you're deflecting and missing the entire point.

The point is that you would take the opinion from a professional of a certain field about the field they are in a lot more seriously than you would take the opinion of your local newspaper writer's opinion on the same topic...and rightfully so. Guys playing in the highest level of competition in the entire world in their field, playing with and against these guys day in and day out, know what it truly takes and know the reality of the situation a hell of a lot better than Brian Windhorst etc.
    Would I take the average nba player

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    Would I take the average nba player’s opinion over the average person on the street? Yeah sure.

Would I take the average nba player’s opinion over the average diehard nba fan?

Hell ****ing no I wouldn’t.

I would guess NBA fans that don’t stick to one team spend more time watching NBA games and footage than most NBA players do. And even still, that speaks nothing to one’s understanding and brain.

Spot on. It's either this or Kobe did everything better than Jordan

Take your pick Jordan fan boys

And if you need another source, look to Jordan as a GM/owner

Great college starter

Default Re:

[QUOTE=Ben Simmons 25]Would I take the average nba player

Default Re:

Elite doctors? I think you misunderstand the point.

The point is, you'd trust NBA player's opinion about the NBA more than a random person, just like you'd trust a doctor's opinion more than your average person. Even if they sometimes make a mistake, like Dwight in this case.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re:

You don't need an elite understanding of basketball to be an elite player
    True - lebron clearly doesn't understand ball movement or how to achieve it to compete better on the championship level..

his teams get massively out-assisted and out-branded in the Finals while he dominates the ball more than anyone ever has (20-30% more than 19' Harden based on the time of possession stats)

So he isn't a basketball genius or have an elite understanding of the game.... Yet i'd take his opinion over a random person's

College superstar

Default Re:

Elite doctors? I think you misunderstand the point.

The point is, you'd trust NBA player's opinion about the NBA more than a random person, just like you'd trust a doctor's opinion more than your average person. Even if they sometimes make a mistake, like Dwight in this case.
    Lol 99% of doctors are full of shit and can’t even cure heart burn. Credentialism is a freaking disease.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    True - lebron clearly doesn't understand ball movement or how to achieve it to compete better on the championship level..

his teams get massively out-assisted and out-branded in the Finals while he dominates the ball more than anyone ever has (20-30% more than 19' Harden based on the time of possession stats)

So he isn't a basketball genius or have an elite understanding of the game.... Yet i'd take his opinion over a random person's
    LeBron

LeBRON

LEBRON