Thread:

Default Re:

I like how y

Default Re:

Russ must really believe his shit smells lemon fresh because it

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Westbrook was outclassed by his contemporary. Trash talked yet couldn't back it up, and has been a dickhead to the media ALL year.

Up until this series? People have been more than fair to him. Guy got praise for his triple doubles. For getting PG to commit. Hell, even for 'allowing' George to become an MVP candidate.

The flack he's getting now is justified, imo.
    Which eludes back to my point. You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. Athletes don't owe us jack shit. They'll find a way to spit in your face no matter how much you give yourself to them.

Taking a paycut to stay with your team and city is the ultimate form of loyalty. Digust with media doesn't supercede that. Athletes owe it to themselves. **** loyalty. It just doesn't pay off in today's society

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    Which eludes back to my point. You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. Athletes don't owe us jack shit. They'll find a way to spit in your face no matter how much you give yourself to them.

Taking a paycut to stay with your team and city is the ultimate form of loyalty. Digust with media doesn't supercede that. Athletes owe it to themselves. **** loyalty. It just doesn't pay off in today's society
    None of that matters if Russell didn't habitually under perform.

Act with some class and play well. That's always been the standard.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Default Re:

[QUOTE=RRR3]I like how y

I usually hit open layups Boki4MVP's Avatar

Default Re:

Living in okc that long can make u a bitter person

Banned

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Boki4MVP
    Living in okc that long can make u a bitter person
    Not as much as living in the ghetto

Default Re:

None of that matters if Russell didn't habitually under perform.

Act with some class and play well. That's always been the standard.
    Which eludes back to my point. Players don't owe anybody anything. It's all relevant. You're just in the mindset that these players owe YOU something. And you're pretty much justifying my point is fans will treat you like a flavor of the month. No amount of loyalty will be reciprocated under a microscope.

Default Re:

Which eludes back to my point. Players don't owe anybody anything. It's all relevant. You're just in the mindset that these players owe YOU something. And you're pretty much justifying my point is fans will treat you like a flavor of the month. No amount of loyalty will be reciprocated under a microscope.
    Of course he doesnt "owe" me anything.

What's that got to do with Westbrook being outplayed? Or the media lash back.

Exactly. Nothing. Athletes get praise for playing well and criticism for bad play. Westbrook isn't a special snowflake.

Default Re:

Of course he doesnt "owe" me anything.

What's that got to do with Westbrook being outplayed? Or the media lash back.

Exactly. Nothing. Athletes get praise for playing well and criticism for bad play. Westbrook isn't a special snowflake.
    Lol, I don't know why you're even arguing with me when you keep eluding to my point. You're just using that same point to trash Westbrook. Which is exactly why I say players in general don't owe anything to fans. You're trying to justify your feelings towards a player. You still have the mentality that they owe YOU something.

Do you agree that no amount of loyalty will be reciprocated under a microscope?

Default Re:

Lol, I don't know why you're even arguing with me when you keep eluding to my point. You're just using that same point to trash Westbrook. Which is exactly why I say players in general don't owe anything to fans. You're trying to justify your feelings towards a player.

Do you agree that no amount of loyalty will be reciprocated under a microscope?
    My point is a fairly obvious one.

Westbrook got outplayed. Has been a dipshit to the media. And is now getting warranted criticism.

I respect him as a competitor. I don't like or dislike him.

But you saying that he doesn't owe me anything...means what? Who said Westbrook owed me anything? lol. This is a place where we discuss sports, guy.

Default Re:

My point is a fairly obvious one.

Westbrook got outplayed. Has been a dipshit to the media. And is now getting warranted criticism.

I respect him as a competitor. I don't like or dislike him.

But you saying that he doesn't owe me anything...means what? Who said Westbrook owed me anything? lol. This is a place where we discuss sports, guy.
    Lol, I don't disagree he played like shit. I don't disagree he was confrontational to the media.
    But that's only a sample size of an overall bigger picture. My point was, which went WAY over your head is he took a paycut to stay loyal to a team and its city. It will always backfire and be spit back in your face

Loyalty will never be reciprocated under a microscope. Once you "get it" you'll know know exactly what my point is and it will blow your mind how much you're eluding to my point.

THAT's sports in a nutshell, guy.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay
    Amen say that again for the peeps in back
    People are flavor of the month fans. No amount of good you do will win loyalty. The moment you **** up fans are on you and all the overly good you did in the past is quickly forgotten. Some people don't get it
    Last edited by DaHeezy; 04-25-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Default Re:

Lol, I don't disagree he played like shit. I don't disagree he was confrontational to the media.
    But that's only a sample size of an overall bigger picture. My point was, which went WAY over your head is he took a paycut to stay loyal to a team and its city. It will always backfire and be spit back in your face

Loyalty will never be reciprocated under a microscope. Once you "get it" you'll know know exactly what my point is and it will blow your mind how much you're eluding to my point.

THAT's sports in a nutshell, guy.
    Well there's hope for you after all.

You originally said "Now all NBA fans are spitting on him. More proof its a business".

Your grand point is transparent.

Its just not at all interesting. A lot of players are loyal. A lot of them aren't. Fans and media are criticizing Westbrook for all the right reasons.

Default Re:

Well there's hope for you after all.

You originally said "Now all NBA fans are spitting on him. More proof its a business".

Your grand point is transparent.

Its just not at all interesting. A lot of players are loyal. A lot of them aren't. Fans and media are criticizing Westbrook for all the right reasons.
    Right. Which is why players owe nothing to fans. If it was so transparent why did it take you forever to get it?

Because your flavor of the month mentality wants to justify your criticism.