View Poll Results: Dirk or Bran all time?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dirk

63 52.94%
  • Bran

56 47.06%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Dirk or LeBron all time?

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    Or in Lebron's case, more help than any other superstar (except for Kobe).
    Even if that was true...look at the results.

It isn't just a binary win the title or it doesn't matter. The dude has made 10 finals. That doesn't matter to you at all?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    Even if that was true...look at the results.

It isn't just a binary win the title or it doesn't matter. The dude has made 10 finals. That doesn't matter to you at all?
    Not when switching teams constantly and joining stars in there primes.

I leave for a while only to comeback with the same stupid posts and posters. Insidehoops had potential but it's now full of trolls. Go outside in front of real basketball. You might get smacked for stating bs like that.

NBA lottery pick

Anyone picking Dirk done lost their marbles. Actually, they never had any to being with.

I like Dirk but aint no way he on LeBron level all time. Yall smoking crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k View Post
    Anyone picking Dirk done lost their marbles. Actually, they never had any to being with.

its not even Dirk fans doing it. Its just Kobetards and lebron haters. Or ppl genuinely kidding like soubeach, overdrive, even imkobe probably.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    Well said.

The only thing I'd add is that I don't think Thomas or Robinson, based on what my opinion of course, could lead a team to the title like the 11 Mavs...so while they could definitely outplay Dirk or any of those guys for a game or series...I don't think they were capable of doing something as impressive as Duncan in 03 or Hakeem in 94 style thing. I don't think Thomas could win a title with the 09 Lakers...etc.

So things like that...combined with the longevity you point out...go a long way for me in terms of tie breaking.
    Yea there’s definitely heights that guys towards the top are capable of that dudes lower down aren’t. But if Isiah were to outplay Duncan in a random conference semifinal series one year then it wouldn’t be a surprise or a big deal.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    What blows my mind is we can see two guys play prime for prime both superstars... one kills the other... and then people say the guy who got destroyed was easily better.

I think Dirk would've ran the table with the superstar talent Lebron has played with. Can you imagine Dirk joining up with prime Dwayne Wade or AD? He made two finals and was a hair away from winning two titles with Jason Terry as his best mate.

Lebron isn't winning with that. I'm almost certain neither is Kobe.

Dirk is on both their levels, he just didn't have the polarizing fame they had.
    Great points. It’s easy to see why Dirk was the better basketball player. LeBron had the luxury of playing with 3 all stars most of his career while Dirk didn’t. I think most people can see that hence the poll results of this thread.

NBA rookie of the year

Lebron is still adding accomplishments.

Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k View Post

He beat a prime Lebron