Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Reminder: The 96 SuperSonics had a better record than any team this season.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Cool. Now do it for any team ever and get back to me.

Or just continue to over analyze and set extreme standards for one player over another because it suits you.
    The East has been very weak for 20 years, but you should look at that as a positive. It's sort of a legit excuse. The reason why Lebron is 3 for 9 is because he plays in such a weak conference that it allowed him free trips to the Finals while being nowhere near championship caliber.

He's lucky in the sense that he could had easily been 1 for 9. Thank god he's not. But you can use the weak East to assure people that it's not really Lebron's fault that he has 6 Finals losses, that he just shouldn't have been there in the first place. With the best two teams in the league facing off in the Western Conference Finals. That's legit, it's the reason why he has so many losses.

Default Re: Reminder: The 96 SuperSonics had a better record than any team this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    The East has been very weak for 20 years, but you should look at that as a positive. It's sort of a legit excuse. The reason why Lebron is 3 for 9 is because he plays in such a weak conference that it allowed him free trips to the Finals while being nowhere near championship caliber.

He's lucky in the sense that he could had easily been 1 for 9. Thank god he's not. But you can use the weak East to assure people that it's not really Lebron's fault that he has 6 Finals losses, that he just shouldn't have been there in the first place. With the best two teams in the league facing off in the Western Conference Finals. That's legit, it's the reason why he has so many losses.
    It is almost as if you think I care about LeBron and his finals record, and how everything is viewed... You actually think that?

Sorry. I don't. Just all out ass posts when I see them.

Again, sorry for the objective view without moving goalposts and feelings not attached.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    It is almost as if you think I care about LeBron and his finals record, and how everything is viewed... You actually think that?

Sorry. I don't. Just all out ass posts when I see them.

Again, sorry for the objective view without moving goalposts and feelings not attached.
    PlowKing plowing through everyone today

So did the Utah Jazz in '98. But than you realize the 90's was peak expansion era

The 96 Sonics were stacked and well balanced with Payton, Kemp, Hawkins, Schrempf, and Perkins. When Sam Perkins is your fifth best player, you've got a great team.

Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    So did the Utah Jazz in '98. But than you realize the 90's was peak expansion era

Another retarded post. Is this SpaceJam 1 or 2?

The Bulls played in the mighty east. Only 1 team had less than 31 wins in the east that year, yet Chicago tore through them all.

Chicago ran roughshod over .524, .622, .707 % winning teams, then beat the .756 % Jazz in the finals (best team in the west.

For comparison, the 2012-2013 heat beat: 38-44 Bucks (.463), .549 Bulls, .605 Pacers (all 3 lower than the 98 Bulls). Then they faced .732 baby Thunder.

All 4 opponents had a FAR worse win % than the 98 bulls. .60, .80, .102, .24 %. And it still took Ray Allen's miracle shot.
    Meanwhile Jordan had 0 all-stars and hit the come from behind game winner (Something Lebron has never done in his life - hit a game winning shot in the finals) (after the key steal) to go 6/6.
    Lebron was busy turning the ball over and shooting brick 3's at the end of his game 6 in 2013.

Last edited by Shaquille O'Neal; 04-01-2019 at 08:45 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

lol. Keep in my mind the league was extremely watered down by expansion at this time. Teams like the Bulls and Sonics were building up a lot of blow out wins against garbage teams. OP with his usual fail.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    At 64-18. The Bucks will finish about 61-21. The 96 Penny/Shaq Magic had 60 wins. And Robinson's Spurs had 59, which will be better than what the Warriors end up with.

Keep that in mind next time someone says Jordan's Bulls had no competition.
    They were a juggernaut, as required of any team that beats the b2b champs (i.e. 14' spurs, 91' bulls), which makes the 96' bulls SUPER-juggernauts for beating them - the only team ever to defeat a b2b killer

Ultimately, the 90's west was stacked with 3-4 juggernauts that all took turns having banner years and losing to MJ in the Finals

The Seattle Soupercans made it out of the 2nd round ONE time during the great Kemp + 6'2 Payton dynasty run

The greatest team MJ ever faced, got out of the 2nd round one time. So basically MJ didn't even beat a Paul George Pacers type, at least the PG Pacers made it to the ECF a couple time, SHEESH man.

MJ is the most hyped player of all time