Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Sent a text after the 1st date and does this response mean she is interested?

She responded in 15 mins saying

"I stopped by my parents house" Now I am on my way home. Thanks for checking on me!"

I'm not good at this dating mess. Does she appear to be interested?

Default Re: Sent a text after the 1st date and does this response mean she is interested?

It means she is interested, and although she appreciates you thinking of her, she'd prefer you kept texts to a minimum.

My recommendation is to play it cool, resist texting her unless you are asking for another date; something you should wait a few days before asking about.

Default Re: Sent a text after the 1st date and does this response mean she is interested?

What did u text her?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    What did u text her?

"Getting ready to get my dinner started for the evening which some italian food. Just wanted to make sure you made it home okay. Hopefully the market wasn't too crowded this evening"

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Although your text was a bit wordy.....it was pretty harmless especially if she's interested and it appears she is. As stated before, play it a little cool. Hopefully she texts next.

Yeah you were a little wordy. No big deal though as long as you step the game up moving forward. You didn't ruin anything, just a tiny awkward moment.

If you're gonna txt her out of concern when things are brand new, try to lace it with sly humor or something. Otherwise you're just coming across like a concerned parent, or overly emotional at too early a juncture.

she's not interested.

Coward goes home to make food after the first date without taking her to dinner.

Banned

its best to not seem overbearing

the first text after a date should just be something simple like a wink emoji or a "hey"

if you're asking what shes up to it seems like you wanna hang out again the very next day. then she will think you're obsessed. people always assume the worst of everything

you gotta reply to that with "nice. i'm just about to hit up the gym. had fun the other night. let me know when you're free again :P"

then you leave an open invitation for her to make the first move

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BigKobeFan
    she's not interested.

Coward goes home to make food after the first date without taking her to dinner.

Dinner is next

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Yeah you were a little wordy. No big deal though as long as you step the game up moving forward. You didn't ruin anything, just a tiny awkward moment.

If you're gonna txt her out of concern when things are brand new, try to lace it with sly humor or something. Otherwise you're just coming across like a concerned parent, or overly emotional at too early a juncture.

Gotcha

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

she's not interested.

That

Very good NBA starter

to win her heart, send her links to the stuff you post on insidehoops.

[QUOTE=Hawker]That

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Thats lame

A man takes a girl to dinner, win or lose, you do it.
    Disagree - it's not the only way to get things done. I get the same results spending $4 on a coffee than $50+ on a dinner.

It also eliminates any day date possibilities with that rule. Go for a walk, things going well? Go for a beer/drink at the local pub. End it shortly after that.

Are you initiating texts each time or is she as well? If she never initiates text conversations, then she is not interested or is a shy person with you or in general.

If it's the latter, you will have to meet with her face-to-face and just talk. Obviously you are attracted to her so you want to make sure she feels the same way about you. Talking in-person is the best way to go. Maintain constant eye contact, smile often, be kind and talk about her. You want to focus the conversation on her - talk very little about yourself and 90% about her. Compliment her occasionally. Ask her open-ended questions to make her talk about herself in detail, and nod often, smile, listen closely. Make sure to ask follow up questions to let her know you are listening and are genuinely interested in her. Talk about her passions, her interests, her career, her life, etc. Then text her later within a day maximum how much you enjoyed talking with her and hope to hang out with her again whenever she wants to. See if she is receptive. Don't text her for a week straight - if you hear nothing from her in that week, then she is not interested. Move on at that point.
    Last edited by bladefd; 03-25-2019 at 06:18 PM.