Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Default Re: How does Greg Oden have more potential than Dwight Howard?

Quote Originally Posted by The Answer
    This is the type of blind, unrealistic hype that makes people think the two players don't have close maximum ceilings.
    I mean sure, he wasn't even a top 5 shot blocker in college last season, but hey you never know.

Both teams played hard 2LeTTeRS KD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    Good question.

I've always thought the most important thing for a big man is soft hands... Dwight seems to have mediocre hands while Oden catches everything.
    Good point and honestly I can't really judge how good Howard's hands are seeing that the men throwing him entry passes his whole career have been Steve Francis and Jameer Nelson, neither being among the purest of point guards when Oden has always had Mike Conley. Hopefully under Stan Van Gundy Diener can get a little PT and we can see if Howard really doesn't have the hands or it was the men passing him the ball.

At least Dwight didn't stink it up so bad in a predraft workout that he apologized to the coaches conducting it.

Cheap shot I know but to me that's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    Good question.

I've always thought the most important thing for a big man is soft hands... Dwight seems to have mediocre hands while Oden catches everything.
    Yet, you can make a two plus minute long highlight reel of Howard catching ridiculous one-handed alley-oops so calling his hands mediocre is a stretch.

Local High School Star The Answer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    Howard dunks the ball like 70% of the time. Regardless of how raw Oden may be (and Ill admit he is pretty raw), Howard has no discernable skilled post moves.
    Most of Oden's points also came off dunks, and Howard's post game would've looked pretty good against college frountcourts as well. I admit Oden's more skilled, but it's by no means a huge margin, and not necessarily enough to make up for Dwight's superior rebounding and athleticism. Truthfully, they're both quite close as prospects, and I don't see why people disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Yet, you can make a two plus minute long highlight reel of Howard catching ridiculous one-handed alley-oops so calling his hands mediocre is a stretch.
    Indeed. Dwight is being heavily underrated in order to prove that Oden's far and away more talented.

Oden didn't play with his off hand the whole season did he? I'm pretty sure I remember his hand being healed up a couple weeks after the regular season started.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by dffsaf9
    [FONT="Arial Black"]
    THREAD CLOSED!
    [/FONT]
    So what ? Adam Morrison had a jumpshot in college and can't find it in the NBA. Most of the time guys don't make the move into the NBA very well right off the bat, and some because they can't compete with superior talent. Put Dwight in college basketball and he'll eat defenses alive. NBA he can basically only scrap points together.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
    Oden didn't play with his off hand the whole season did he? I'm pretty sure I remember his hand being healed up a couple weeks after the regular season started.
    uhm, no he missed the first part of the season and came back with his left. his right wrist is still not fully healed.

NBA Superstar

At least Dwight didn't stink it up so bad in a predraft workout that he apologized to the coaches conducting it.

Cheap shot I know but to me that's funny.
    You hate Oden more than I hate Durant.

At least I find actual things to nit pick about.

Both teams played hard 2LeTTeRS KD's Avatar

uhm, no he missed the first part of the season and came back with his left. his right wrist is still not fully healed.
    In my eyes thats anotehr negative for Oden. Dwights never been hurt whereas Oden hasn't been healthy for over a year and theres thoughts that that wrist may never be 100% healthy.

Not accurate. His hand has been healed since Nov. and full range of motion since Jan/Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by i seen hippos
    You hate Oden more than I hate Durant.

At least I find actual things to nit pick about.
    I don't hate Oden at all. Just hate how insanely over-rated he's become.

Dude only faced NBA caliber bigs about 4 times last season and didn't look special in any of those meetings except for the second half of the title game. Yet people are saying he's better than some NBA All Stars right now.

High School Starter

I just see Dwight Howard being better in the long run.

I mean the MAIN hype surrounding Greg Oden is that he is a 7 footer with athleticism that comes around once every 10 years. There's too much hype!

Dwight Howard is an INCH shorter than Greg Oden and he has superior athleticism...so ...

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Not accurate. His hand has been healed since Nov. and full range of motion since Jan/Feb.
    then why was he flagged at draft for less than full range of motion in his wrist (plus a bulging disc already)?

wouldnt participate in the benchpress cause his wrist isnt fully healed (could re-injure it).

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
    In my eyes thats anotehr negative for Oden. Dwights never been hurt whereas Oden hasn't been healthy for over a year and theres thoughts that that wrist may never be 100% healthy.
    Dwight sprained an ankle against the Lakers but came back to play in the next game.

Brian Hill is a dick. He stopped Dwight's streak of starts. Basically the dude has started every possible game his team has played in his career. He was pissed at Dwight for something or other and pulled him off the bench. Ass. Still hasn't missed a game though.

then why was he flagged at draft for less than full range of motion in his wrist (plus a bulging disc already)?

wouldnt participate in the benchpress cause his wrist isn't fully healed (could re-injure it).
    Maybe he reinjured the wrist during March Madness cause the announcers made a big deal about the wrist finally getting to normal range of motion right in time for the home stretch of the Big 10 season. Unless the doctors for Ohio State were bullsh#tting to keep Oden's stock higher than Kevin Durant's.

Where the hell Oden got a bulging disc in his back I have no clue. Honestly, that did surprised me.