Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Jokic Stan

Default Why couldn't Cavs get Lebron talent?

Luka already has Porzingis who is better than anyone Lebron ever played with pre-Heat.

Simmons/Embiid have each other and then added Butler and Tobias who are all better than anyone Lebron had pre-Heat.

Durant played with Harden/Westbrook/Ibaka.

Kyrie had Lebron/Love and then could have been traded to plenty of garbage franchises...yet ended up on the stacked Celtics.

Curry has Klay/Draymond drafted as teammates, no need to say what happened after.

Maybe it's an era thing and there is just more offensive talent now than in 2000-2010. But it just seems like so many young stars today have a lot of great talent to play with right away.

Comparing it to what Lebron played with pre-Heat just seems crazy.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Re: Why couldn't Cavs get Lebron talent?

Small market + terrible front office

Jordan Stopper

LeBron got too good too fast,

Cavs were already a .500 team by lebrons 2nd year

They were a contender by his 3rd season

This isn’t a jordan situation where he sucked for 5 years and thus they could draft him a Pippen

The problem was that LeBron was just too good

this is what you think of right now?

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    this is what you think of right now?
    Watching the crazy stacked Sixers play against Lebron...yeah it did cross my mind.

So many young stars are on stacked teams right away.

Cavs had guys like Boozer, but they weren't willing to pay them that type of money to keep them on the roster. Carlos was a 16/11 big his 2nd season on the Cavs, he did promise to re-sign with them earlier, but Utah offered him so much more money.

Then there was Drew Gooden, who played with Bran for years and was an automatic double-double, you had guys like Big Z, Andy Varejao, J.J Hickson..they signed FAs in Ben Wallace, Shaq, Mo Williams..

They had a lot of talent and the most stacked frontcourt in the league when you look back on the 09/10 seasons. Those guys fit Lebron perfectly. He didn't have that 2nd big name, but the salary cap wasn't what it is now and they did fail to secure Boozer. I'm pretty sure I recall that it was Lebron, who encouraged Boozer to leave and get paid in Utah instead, because the Cavs declined to match.

He wasn't alone though, KG in Minny & T-Mac in Orlando both had absolutely horrid teams around them

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Cavs had guys like Boozer, but they weren't willing to pay them that type of money to keep them on the roster. Carlos was a 16/11 big his 2nd season on the Cavs, he did promise to re-sign with them earlier, but Utah offered him so much more money.

Then there was Drew Gooden, who played with Bran for years and was an automatic double-double, you had guys like Big Z, Andy Varejao, J.J Hickson..they signed FAs in Ben Wallace, Shaq, Mo Williams..

They had a lot of talent and the most stacked frontcourt in the league when you look back on the 09/10 seasons. Those guys fit Lebron perfectly. He didn't have that 2nd big name, but the salary cap wasn't what it is now and they did fail to secure Boozer. I'm pretty sure I recall that it was Lebron, who encouraged Boozer to leave and get paid in Utah instead, because the Cavs declined to match.
    Drew Gooden, I can't..

epic help. Why didn't he run a dynasty with him?

Drew Gooden, I can't..

epic help. Why didn't he run a dynasty with him?
    Their frontcourt was stacked... Bran was drafted to a team with two star-level bigs. Kobe won B2B titles with bum ass Bynum & Gasol. Boozer was the 2nd best player on great Utah teams that my man Kobe ran through in the POs. They had the best offense in the league in like 08 and Booze was their scoring leader.

Jokic Stan

No one you named is anywhere close to the players I listed in the OP.

Imagine young Lebron playing with Embiid, Reddick, Tobias Harris and Jimmy Butler...LOL.

Their frontcourt was stacked... Bran was drafted to a team with two star-level bigs. Kobe won B2B titles with bum ass Bynum & Gasol. Boozer was the 2nd best player on great Utah teams that my man Kobe ran through in the POs.
    level? Boozer was an all star 3 years later, whats rookie Bran supposed to do with 15 ppg boozer?

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    No one you named is anywhere close to the players I listed in the OP.

Imagine young Lebron playing with Embiid, Reddick, Tobias Harris and Jimmy Butler...LOL.
    Imagine Lebron beating the Spurs in 5 with his 2nd option averaging 13 ppg on 45% shooting....

oh wait, his 2nd option averaged 13 ppg on 50% shooting and he got fking swept.

Jokic Stan

Imagine Lebron beating the Spurs in 5 with his 2nd option averaging 13 ppg on 45% shooting....

oh wait, his 2nd option averaged 13 ppg on 50% shooting and he got fking swept.
    You aren't understanding what I'm saying. Every player has had bad series before. But Kobe played with Peak/prime Shaq for 8 years as a young guy.

So many young stars are on great teams right away nowadays while guys like Lebron and KG has absolute crap for so long that they had to LEAVE or be okay with being traded to find a talented team.

I just don't understand how it seems much easier to do this nowadays. Maybe it's because of high salary caps and just better offensive players in the NBA now?

level? Boozer was an all star 3 years later, whats rookie Bran supposed to do with 15 ppg boozer?
    Boozer averaged 16/11 in 2004, Big Z was an all-star with worse numbers in 03 and 05.

When your bigs are putting up 16/11 and 15/8, you have a pretty damn good team. Or in 2009, when your PG and SG are 40% 3PT shooters and your big man rotation consists of Big Z, Ben Wallace, Andy V, J.J Hickson.

Lebron had depth on those Cavs squads and those teams were built around his strengths.

Boozer averaged 16/11 in 2004, Big Z was an all-star with worse numbers in 03 and 05.

When your bigs are putting up 16/11 and 15/8, you have a pretty damn good team. Or in 2009, when your PG and SG are 40% 3PT shooters and your big man rotation consists of Big Z, Ben Wallace, Andy V, J.J Hickson.

Lebron had depth on those Cavs squads and those teams were built around his strengths.
    “[Former Pacers’ GM David] Morway was trying to get me to trade for them [J.J. Hickson and a selection of other teammates of James], but I ain’t takin’ any of them ****ing guys up there,” Lowe said, quoting Bird from Thomsen’s book, The Soul of Basketball. “I said ‘you don’t understand son. Them guys playing with LeBron James look a whole lot better than what they really are.'”

Lets not forget that Bricked choked a title with Shaq, Malone, and Payton, and needed GOAT level rigging just to get to the PO's with Dwight, Pau, Nash, Artest, and Jamison.