Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Imagine if LeBron was white...

You got to wonder where it's heading. We are living in a very strange time - when I was in high school, it felt like racism was dying. It still existed, but no one talked about it. How did we find ourselves here? Every day I am surrounded by conversations of increasing racial tensions. That was not the case 10 and 20 years ago.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

I don't know. I'm not entirely sure that I encounter people that are more racist in person. Certainly not openly, anyways. But if you are... perhaps it was always there, but people just stopped focusing on it and as such it started to dwindle out over time.

But then... I truly believe what has happened is that with the advent of social media coupled with cell phones that have internet connections following you around in your pocket 24/7/365, you have the ability to voice your opinion on any thought that pops into your head "anonymously" at any time of day that you want. And as people see those opinions expressed over and over, it becomes a self perpetuating movement towards regression.

You'll hear people blame Obama and people blame Trump but those guys aren't the core reasons or anywhere close. It's because of social media.

I'm inclined to agree. I think it's one of many ways in which the internet revolution is changing us beyond what we even imagine.

Suddenly the world is not so private. If your ideas go beyond your own living room at all - they can be potentially broadcast to every part of the globe.

Suddenly we all have to face each other. There's no way around it.

3-time NBA All-Star

Holy shit there's alot white tards on here. The reason why white people in America are much more successful than blacks is directly tied to slavery and racism. It's a long and to complicated of an explanation for your ignorant asses to understand so I won't bother.

How about this though. We'll gladly take all the land, good jobs and power in corporate America for racist comments immunity.

Man some of y'all are hilarious

I don't understand why Bran and all of his stans are all so damn racist.

It's fking 2019 y'all get with the damn times, we're all grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    Holy shit there's alot white tards on here. The reason why white people in America are much more successful than blacks is directly tied to slavery and racism. It's a long and to complicated of an explanation for your ignorant asses to understand so I won't bother.

How about this though. We'll gladly take all the land, good jobs and power in corporate America for racist comments immunity.

Man some of y'all are hilarious
    Man, I honestly think there's a disconnect because most whites can't relate in any way. It's not their fault we don't all experience this world the same way and empathy is a dying concept these days. Biggest misconception here is these guys think we want them to feel sorry for us when it's really just an acknowledgment of shady practices that still happen now in 2019. Until you acknowledge there's a problem there will never be a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    Right, and I don't disagree with any of that. But like I said... that post openly on the board? There are more anti white racists.
    Just wait till anytime a race sensitive subject comes up and repeat that same line. There's no way.

And I kinda chuckled at that Op but he's right if Lebron were white he'd be the unquestioned goat and every negative you guys throw at him would be spun into a positive and he'd be comsidered the perfect athlete. Probably have his own religion.

ever heard of the concept "great white hope"? a white Lebron would be the motherload.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    I don't understand why Bran and all of his stans are all so damn racist.

It's fking 2019 y'all get with the damn times, we're all grey.
    Black peoele in general aren't really racist. They don't necessarily hate whites because of the color of there soon. They hate them because they have historically been the oppressor of there people not because they're white.

White people on the other hand hated blacks purely because of the color of there skin. Imagine stealing a people from there land and forcing them to work for free. All the while killing and beating them. Raping there mother's sisters and daughters. Tearing apart families and not allowing them to learn and be educated. They did this for 400 years. for 400 years Blacks did what ever the whites wanted then to do and gave them 400 years of free labour which helped America become the greatest nation in the world and white people still hated blacks.

The two are not the same. Blacks historically speaking have a good reason to distrust whites. Its not fair for whites today who aren't racist and are good people but that's the consequences of there ancestors actions. The trade off of 400 years of enslaving a race and the continued oppression afterwards is that white people economically and socially get to be on top but blacks get racist comments immunity. What one would you prefer lol? Smart understanding white people get this. Ignorant ones like most of the ones on here don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    Black peoele in general aren't really racist. They don't necessarily hate whites because of the color of there soon. They hate them because they have historically been the oppressor of there people not because they're white.

White people on the other hand hated blacks purely because of the color of there skin. Imagine stealing a people from there land and forcing them to work for free. All the while killing and beating them. Raping there mother's sisters and daughters. Tearing apart families and not allowing them to learn and be educated. They did this for 400 years. for 400 years Blacks did what ever the whites wanted then to do and gave them 400 years of free labour which helped America become the greatest nation in the world and white people still hated blacks.

The two are not the same. Blacks historically speaking have a good reason to distrust whites. Its not fair for whites today who aren't racist and are good people but that's the consequences of there ancestors actions. The trade off of 400 years of enslaving a race and the continued oppression afterwards is that white people economically and socially get to be on top but blacks get racist comments immunity. What one would you prefer lol? Smart understanding white people get this. Ignorant ones like most of the ones on here don't.
    Dude I get what you're saying but that is over. That is done. Slavery in that form is finished, it's time to move foward. I am Hindu and literally all of my friends are Sikh. Hindu and Sikh have bitter pasts, very bitter. Do my friends and I ever think about that stuff now? No because it does not matter to now one bit. None of them did anything to me and I did nothing to them. It was all in the past and you can't dwell on it.

I get it it was horrible. But you can't see a white person and think about slavery times in 2019. It makes no sense.

My girl's best friend is black. She's cool and loyal to the bone towards my girl and I love the girl too. But there are times where her thinking is just way too overboard with the racism. Just thinking she's better than everyone else because she's black. It makes absolutely no sense.

Banned

if lebron was white he would be henry bekkering and never would have made it to the nba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZb9DGrGSYw

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Dude I get what you're saying but that is over. That is done. Slavery in that form is finished, it's time to move foward. I am Hindu and literally all of my friends are Sikh. Hindu and Sikh have bitter pasts, very bitter. Do my friends and I ever think about that stuff now? No because it does not matter to now one bit. None of them did anything to me and I did nothing to them. It was all in the past and you can't dwell on it.

I get it it was horrible. But you can't see a white person and think about slavery times in 2019. It makes no sense.

My girl's best friend is black. She's cool and loyal to the bone towards my girl and I love the girl too. But there are times where her thinking is just way too overboard with the racism. Just thinking she's better than everyone else because she's black. It makes absolutely no sense.
    I agree it's pretty much over and blacks have to move on. It still happened though and is the reason why some blacks to this day distrust whites. I'm not saying it's ok. it doesn't make make it right. It's not ok to treat a white person a certain way because of what there ancestors did. It does make it understandable though.

Why isnt any thread with racism theories immediately deleted by the mods? probably because it drives traffic since morons have taken over and every other thread is now race baiting.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    if lebron was white he would be henry bekkering and never would have made it to the nba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZb9DGrGSYw
    Hahahaha. I played against Henry. Dude could jump out the gym but he was relatively pretty slow which was weird given how high he could jump. He was also out of shape. LeBron is a thousand times better than Henry. Henry wasn't even the best player in his conference. He was by far one of the best dunkers Ive ever seen though