Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Pelicans want all the young players, the vets, AND NOW 4 1ST ROUND PICKS

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Default Re: Pelicans want all the young players, the vets, AND NOW 4 1ST ROUND PICKS

Lol @ this "generational talent" sh1t. What has he proven to be a "generational talent"???

Dude is another injury away from a 4 month DNP list.

But yeah. Gonna be fun.

Lebron and AD gonna play 48 minutes a piece just to compete

NBA lottery pick

[QUOTE=PJR]

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

The media sh1tting on these young dudes on and off throughout the season thus far hasn't helped increase their value either

Media acting like they have NOTHING to do with this and trying to absolve all blame for the fvckery.

NBA lottery pick

Lakers basically selling their ENTIRE future for AD. I know they're in win now mode but damn. What happens if they don't land another star? They're still not going to beat the Warriors with just Lebron + AD. AD IS NOT THAT GOOD!!!!!

Pelicans acting like this dude on Jordan level. AD is good but the Lakers will still need another star + good role players to beat the Warriors.

The lakers would be so much better going forward by trading bran for ad

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    The lakers would be so much better going forward by trading bran for ad
    Lakers not worried about going forward. They're in win now mode. Also, the way the Pelicans are acting, they would ask for Lebron + 2 1st round picks + salary cap relief

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    Lakers not worried about going forward. They're in win now mode. Also, the way the Pelicans are acting, they would ask for Lebron + 2 1st round picks + salary cap relief

Win now mode?

We're not even in the playoffs now

NBA lottery pick

Win now mode?

If they're not in win now mode, why they even considering giving up EVERYTHING for AD.

People actually believe this stuff

Win now mode?

They are with LeBron.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

You guys should just settle on a brad beal trade... Hes been all NBA this year and would be an ideal fit for lebron.

Now this is absurb.

And probably another smoke screen by the Pelicans

Very good NBA starter

This is what I think the Lakers should do in the short term for their future.

Keep your young assets and play hard
    Lower Lebron's minutes to 32-33 a night
    Keep developing Zubac, Wagner
    Take this whole season as an audition and keep your picks.
    Keep Luke Walton. When guys like Rondo are saying good things about you, I can't fault him.

Pelicans don't want to trade him to LA because of Rich Paul and Lebron in his ear.

Magic and Pelinka along with maybe Kobe need to check Lebron right now. You don't have the leverage you did at 30.

If I'm a budding star, I'm paying attention to Lebron's injuries and control. He's not the best player on the planet anymore. He's still top 5 though.

I'm a big fan of Lebron's game and off court style, but I also think this is toxic to completely gut a roster when these guys albeit inconsistent, can play basketball. They aren't the Cavs. These guys are athletic, can score, and work hard.

That Lebron contract was going to be high regardless. His 45M player option at the end of his career, he will most likely take. You deal with it but you need to maximize 2 years of his playing right now.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    This is what I think the Lakers should do in the short term for their future.

Keep your young assets and play hard
    Lower Lebron's minutes to 32-33 a night
    Keep developing Zubac, Wagner
    Take this whole season as an audition and keep your picks.
    Keep Luke Walton. When guys like Rondo are saying good things about you, I can't fault him.

Pelicans don't want to trade him to LA because of Rich Paul and Lebron in his ear.

Magic and Pelinka along with maybe Kobe need to check Lebron right now. You don't have the leverage you did at 30.

If I'm a budding star, I'm paying attention to Lebron's injuries and control. He's not the best player on the planet anymore. He's still top 5 though.

I'm a big fan of Lebron's game and off court style, but I also think this is toxic to completely gut a roster when these guys albeit inconsistent, can play basketball. They aren't the Cavs. These guys are athletic, can score, and work hard.

That Lebron contract was going to be high regardless. His 45M player option at the end of his career, he will most likely take. You deal with it but you need to maximize 2 years of his playing right now.
    The Lakers going to do the deal. Right now, they're blinded by the lure of a championship or multiple championships with Lebron + AD. They're betting the house on two top players to deliver. The worst possible conclusion for the Lakers is not winning a championship and now you have no future due to giving up everything for AD. At this point, they don't care. They want to win now at all cost.