Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default There are about 10 serious free agents this off season and about 12-13 max spots.

I know its too early to be sure but.....how do you think this plays out?

Im only counting unrestricted free agents who would probably justify a "Breaking news" kinda reaction when they pick where to land. I figure thats....

*no order*

1.KD
    2.Leonard
    3.Kyrie
    4.Jimmy Butler
    5.Klay
    6.Cousins
    7.Middleton
    8.Tobias Harris
    9.Kemba
    10.Vucevic

With Cousins arguably off that list and into this next one with

Randle
    Mirotic
    Bledsoe
    Deandre Jordan(option)
    Dragic if healthy(He was an all star last season)
    Millsap if Denver doesnt pick up his 30 million dollar option

Id say we have at least 9 max guys up there if we dont count cousins yet....and disregard that even role players can get 100+ million these days. Im not counting guys who might get the max....im talking guys someone is sure to offer it to because you cant offer less and have them take you serious in a league with non all stars making 27 million a season.

So...

Lets set a minimum of 30 million per contract. Some will be more than that...and teams can always make a little more space if they must. Say the clippers want an extra 3 million to hit 2 full max slots..they trade jerome Willims to a team under the cap so they dont have to match the salary. Cut 3 million...maybe take back a future pick of some sort. Theres room to move if you want. And some teams have 2-3 guys on team options giving them even more options. Bare minimum....all these teams have room for a 30 million contract or the ability to get to 35-40 if they HAD to even after accounting for a first round picks salary....

Nets can have 2 slots(1 if they extend Russell...2 if he takes the qualifying offer to become unrestricted in 2020)

Knicks will have at least 2

Jazz have one if they let Favors walk

Bulls have 2(let Parker walk they are at 67 million in space)

Lakers have 1 no matter what happens with AD

Pacers have 40 million and like 8 free agents so it will be somewhat less...but if they want a max player they can pay him first.

Hawks have 52-55 million

Clippers drop to 35 in salary if they let Bradley go and dont bring back Harris. Assuming they pay him like 30 million they still have room for 1 other guy and could make more room.

Philly has 50 million if Jimmy Butler opts out of his 19(which of course he will...hes worth way more than that). They could pay TJ whatever reasonable he wants and still have room for a full max player if they dont give it to Butler.

Suns have 25 million counting Oubres qualifying offer so maybe they pay him and have less....so I wont count them yet.

Kings have about 50 million

So....

12 max spots at least.

12 spots...12-15 guys who will at least have an agent ask for a max deal.

There are a lot of ways to win this offseason even if you dont get the biggest names.

So...

Lets say these 14 spots are there for the taking...

Nets

2. Or Russell.

Knicks

Jazz

Bulls

Lakers

Pacers

Hawks

Philly

1. Or Butler comes back

Kings

Clippers

2. Or Harris returns

How would you distribute these 10 names(or 8 if you dont buy into cousins yet and fool yourself into thinking Middleton takes 20 million a season like an idiot)

1.KD
    2.Leonard
    3.Kyrie
    4.Jimmy Butler
    5.Klay
    6.Cousins
    7.Middleton
    8.Tobias Harris
    9.Kemba
    10.Vucevic

If a team with 2 spots got nothing but Middleton and Kemba...thats a pretty decent offseason. Unless youre the Knicks I guess....then you get laughed at even though a top 3 pick Kemba and Middleton would at least be interesting.

Klay is the only one I dont think anyone can pry away. Once KD has his 3 rings he might be fine leaving.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Default Re: There are about 10 serious free agents this off season and about 12-13 max spots.

We should be getting KD, and Kawhi. Instead we're probably gonna get AD and Klay cause Bran is in town.

Banned

Default Re: There are about 10 serious free agents this off season and about 12-13 max spots.

butler re signs
    KD re signs
    Kyrie re signs
    Klay re signs
    Vucevic re signs
    russell re signs
    kemba re signs

Knicks
    1. Cousins
    2. Harris

Jazz
    1. random smaller signings

Bulls
    1. Middleton

Lakers
    1. random smaller signings since they'll already have AD

Pacers

Hawks

Kings

Clippers
    1. leonard
    2. random smaller signings

I think the Knicks miss out on the big names but get Kemba and one other secondary guy.

Kemba just seems like the type to be a New York legend thay no other fan base thinks was that great.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I think the Knicks miss out on the big names but get Kemba and one other secondary guy.

Kemba just seems like the type to be a New York legend thay no other fan base thinks was that great.

na its almost a certainty new york will throw a dumptruck full of cash at cousins

its just built into the knicks DNA to overpay for for washed up hobbled former superstars

Doesnt

Kemba
    RJ Barrett
    Cousins

Just seem like a Knicks style "We back now!" hyped lineup that wins 44 games with a few spectacular moments?

If they dont get KD or Kyrie they are gonna offer the Empire State Building to Kemba, Cousins, or Jimmy Butler.

IMO Kemba is going to NY
    Cousins could be a good free agent for them if he gets back to his former self, which will be shown during the season.

Marc Gasol's also a free agent (final year's a player option). I could he him signing for a max salary short contract if there were some success posibilities.

Doesnt

Kemba
    RJ Barrett
    Cousins

Just seem like a Knicks style "We back now!" hyped lineup that wins 44 games with a few spectacular moments?

If they dont get KD or Kyrie they are gonna offer the Empire State Building to Kemba, Cousins, or Jimmy Butler.
    I just hope they don't spend their money on backcourt players only.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    IMO Kemba is going to NY
    Cousins could be a good free agent for them if he gets back to his former self, which will be shown during the season.

Marc Gasol's also a free agent (final year's a player option). I could he him signing for a max salary short contract if there were some success posibilities.

Jimmy Butler and Kemba are the two most Knickish guys out there.

Jimmy especially. The Garden would love Jimmy....but they need a real splash after this trade.

They might **** around and try to wait out KD and Kyrie and let someone else scoop up Jimmy and Kemba then it gets ugly. If they come out of this with Marc Gasol on a 2 year deal and Tobias Harris for 5 years 150 I might literally die laughing.

They might **** around and try to wait out KD and Kyrie and let someone else scoop up Jimmy and Kemba then it gets ugly. If they come out of this with Marc Gasol on a 2 year deal and Tobias Harris for 5 years 150 I might literally die laughing.
    That would be really bad

Butler would love being in NY, so many attention around, but would him being there affect the other FA signing? In a bad way, I mean.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Harris supposedly likes Utah as well as Mirotic. My guess is the Jazz resign Ricky and bring back Favors though. Why change what isn't working? That's the way they've always done things.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Doesnt

Kemba
    RJ Barrett
    Cousins

This would be a disaster for them.

The trade they made yesterday was good for their future, but they would ruin it with the moves above.

And, yes, it does feel very Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Harris supposedly likes Utah as well as Mirotic. My guess is the Jazz resign Ricky and bring back Favors though. Why change what isn't working? That's the way they've always done things.
    They'll get Mirotic, overpaying.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    You want Barnes, Powell, and Harris for Rubio, Exum, Thabo, and your first round pick this year?

The nba has officially become the wwe..

No one gives a shit about the game, it's all about the drama now..
    Who's going where in the offseason has become more important and talked about than the actual season..

Fu*k LEspn..

But just as the sun will rise tomorrow, the Knicks will bum out in free agency