Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Default Re: per Steven A. Smith Knicks will get Durant and Kyrie

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    KD had the dubs playing iso ball in last years playoffs... i know he can play off ball and fit a system, but its his natural inclination to freestyle and iso. Obviously kyrie's is too. Hed be a damn fool to leave bostons stacked squad who already has the teamwork, talent and coaching to build a dynasty.
    KD was playing ISO ball because that what your supposed to do against teams that switches everything (take advantage of the individual matchups). He has always been an elite off-ball player and Kyrie has really developed into a steady PG since coming to Boston.

Both guys would be fine playing together.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Kyrie bout to turn the game's second best player into a spot up shooter
    A pg can't do that, otherwise every PG in the league does that

Only players that have abnormal ball-dominance for their position do that

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    KD was playing ISO ball because that what your supposed to do against teams that switches everything (take advantage of the individual matchups). He has always been an elite off-ball player and Kyrie has really developed into a steady PG since coming to Boston.

At no point has KD been a low assisted, iso player, ala harden-ball/lebron-ball

So the iso idea was a surface-level take, and false

A few obvious isos doesn't make Durant an "iso" player - half his fg's are assisted...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by game3524

The thunder were one of the biggest iso ball teams ever when they made the finals with a 30th team assist rank. And never even cracked inside the top 10 with all that talent over all their years together. Thats what youll get from durant with an average coach and mediocre culture. He doesnt ignite team play on his own which is why he team hopped to chef's creation to get an easy win.

i like both these guys a lot as players but nope i dont agree with your take. knicks have one of the worst cultures in the league and i wouldnt fear that team at all if i was to be rooting against them. Theyd be an iso ball squad. i love watching kyrie but he is an iso player naturally. Boston and Brad are pulling some team out of him, but he will revert back to his natural instincts just like durant in a situation with no one to reign him in.