Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Brandon Ingram vs Ben Simmons

Simmons is easily superior. I agree that ther celtics couldn't shut Ingram down to a single point but Simmons is still a guy that you can bear your offense on. Ingram is not. Simmons is a strong All-Star candidate while Ingram has no chance. Ingram does one thing better and we all know what it is. Simmons is superior in every other way. LA would not have failed in James' absence the way that they did if Simmons was there. When Philly lost Embiid for a stretch they didn't fall apart like LA has. And if you want to talk potential they came out of the same draft and Simmons has more room to improve due to owning the worst jumper in modern NBA history.

I'd take Simmons 10 times out of 10. I am not one of those folks that will look at just 1 series and disregard the entire body of work. He's gonna have to fix that jumper but I don't expect it to happen in one season. He's highly skilled at so many other things.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Two really interesting stats from the Philly/LA game.

Simmon took more shots than both Jimmy Butler and Embiid. 9/18.

Ingraham scored 36 points but did not even attempt a three.

Simmons nine game streak without Embiid last year, next.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Simmons is a better playmaker, slasher and more consistent at having his skills translate into impact.

BI is more polished on offense and actually a decent defender. The problem is inconsistency. Dude will have a spree of 2-3 great games then mentally check out for a week

I'd go Simmons for now until BI finds a niche for himself.
    I don't disagree, for now

But ingram has the potential to be a dominant scorer, while BI never will

Ingram will invariably become a defensive rebounder as well - that will also increase his impact

Basically, ingram has way more upside.. his passing and teamwork will also improve and he currently is on a tumultuous team, not an environment conducive for finding one's game.. although I think we're seeing why this guy was highly-touted at North Carolina - his skills are shining through nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    But ingram has the potential to be a dominant scorer, while BI never will
    Uh what?

Superduperdumb strikes again.

Ingram better than Ben Simmons?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rico2016
    Uh what?

he's right about that... simmons will never be able to shoot (a lick), and thus be a good scorer. you dont see guys that bad get good. ingram may gain some strength and be able to finish better, and his shot is decent at least.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    he's right about that... simmons will never be able to shoot (a lick), and thus be a good scorer. you dont see guys that bad get good. ingram may gain some strength and be able to finish better, and his shot is decent at least.
    Original statement: Ingram will never be a dominant scorer, but Ingram will.

Tpoals: he's right u know...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

Simmons is easily superior. I agree that ther celtics couldn't shut Ingram down to a single point but Simmons is still a guy that you can bear your offense on. Ingram is not. Simmons is a strong All-Star candidate while Ingram has no chance. Ingram does one thing better and we all know what it is. Simmons is superior in every other way. LA would not have failed in James' absence the way that they did if Simmons was there. When Philly lost Embiid for a stretch they didn't fall apart like LA has. And if you want to talk potential they came out of the same draft and [COLOR="DarkRed"]Simmons has more room to improve due to owning the worst jumper in modern NBA history.[/COLOR]
    Simmons doesn't have more room to improve than ingram

If his jumper turns into Dirk Nowitzki, then yes, he will have more upside.. but the "worst jumper in modern history" is unlikely to improve much at all, and even significant improvement might make it as good as avery Johnson's

Otoh, there's no glaring gaps in Ingram's game that will be a mission to improve to even marginal status like you have with Simmons.. Ingram is more skilled overall, while Simmons is a banger with more forceful athleticism at this stage, who would've done excellently in the 80's as a 4.

Ingram has far more upside in virtually every area, and the raw skill to in all of them to realize that improvement
    Last edited by 3ball; 02-01-2019 at 12:12 AM.