Default I Don't Get This Anthony Davis, Pelicans Narrative

I keep hearing things like AD is overrated and he hasn't had much postseason success despite his supporting cast.

AD was 21 when he led the Pels to the playoffs. He averaged 31.5ppg against a Warriors team that will go on to win it all.

Last year he had a pretty solid squad. Swept the Blazers. Averaging 30ppg 13 rpg. Then ran into the Warriors. How many people really expected him to beat that Warriors team?

They are slumping this year, but theres been injuries and haven't really been able to get going.

No matter how good AD is, he ain't beating the Warriors with this team. Let's be serious.

Default Re: I Don't Get This Narrative

Why did he only make the playoffs twice though? He's been in the league for 7 years now.

Default Re: I Don't Get This Narrative

First couple years I don't hold against him. Still young with a whack squad. The 2 years in between I somewhat hold him accountable. Although Jrue Holiday was out for some time and the roster wasn't that great either. Factor in that he's in the wild west, makes it more understandable.

But when he get's there he performs. He just ran into the Warriors on both occasions unfortunately. I want to see how he fairs against other teams. Once again he swept the Blazers who were ranked 3rd in the West.

Jokic Stan

Default Re: I Don't Get This Anthony Davis, Pelicans Narrative

AD played great against the Warriors in both playoff series. He is clearly a top 5-6 player in the league right now.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

OP actually makes a solid point

AD is a pretty good player

Banned

AD is arguably the best player in the nba

that being said i think he turns to dog shit with lebron

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen

I'm sure he's going to love standing in the corner to pad LeBaldos assists

Friendliest Poster :) E_Stamkos's Avatar

AD is an incredible player. Bonafide top 5 for multiple years.

But much like many of his contemporaries, an entitled bitch who wants the easy route to success. Worm looking ass.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by E_Stamkos
    AD is an incredible player. Bonafide top 5 for multiple years.

But much like many of his contemporaries, an entitled bitch who wants the easy route to success. Worm looking ass.
    Would you call a slave trying to escape to gain freedom an entitled bitch who wants the easy route?

in reality, AD knows he has a certain window where he'll be at the top of his game. He's invested countless numbers of hours working out, training, studying and playing ball to be one of the best on the planet. He wants championships. Being the realest that he is, he understands that he HAS to make a move to even have a sliver of a chance at winning any time soon. In his prime years. In his BEST years. He wants a chance to compete NOW. And there's really nothing wrong with it. Hell, I commend him for chasing his dreams with an urgent vigor. I respect it a hell of a whole lot.

Friendliest Poster :) E_Stamkos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.
    Would you call a slave trying to escape to gain freedom an entitled bitch who wants the easy route?

in reality, AD knows he has a certain window where he'll be at the top of his game. He's invested countless numbers of hours working out, training, studying and playing ball to be one of the best on the planet. He wants championships. Being the realest that he is, he understands that he HAS to make a move to even have a sliver of a chance at winning any time soon. In his prime years. In his BEST years. He wants a chance to compete NOW. And there's really nothing wrong with it. Hell, I commend him for chasing his dreams with an urgent vigor. I respect it a hell of a whole lot.
    This is sports, not the slave trade - calm your tits.

He's 25 years old. His window isn't closing any time soon. By the general standard of human physique, he's just entering his prime.

There's ways to go about requesting a trade. I don't agree with how he and his agent went about it.

That's my opinion though. You're entitled to yours brother.

can someone translate this into English for me? i don't speak meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by MannyO
    I keep hearing things like AD is overrated and he hasn't had much postseason success despite his supporting cast.

AD was 21 when he led the Pels to the playoffs. He averaged 31.5ppg against a Warriors team that will go on to win it all.

Last year he had a pretty solid squad. Swept the Blazers. Averaging 30ppg 13 rpg. Then ran into the Warriors. How many people really expected him to beat that Warriors team?

They are slumping this year, but theres been injuries and haven't really been able to get going.

No matter how good AD is, he ain't beating the Warriors with this team. Let's be serious.
    His critic is having great numbers but unable to lead his team to wins...much like Cousins critics. 30 win team in his prime. People just expect more from AD. After all, he's supposedly close to Lebron/Durant level. That team record indicate he's much closer to Kemba.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    His critic is having great numbers but unable to lead his team to wins...much like Cousins critics. 30 win team in his prime. People just expect more from AD. After all, he's supposedly close to Lebron/Durant level. That team record indicate he's much closer to Kemba.

AD lead his team to the playoffs in the stacked West as a 21 year old without another all star/all star caliber player on his team, that says a lot.

But I understand he's held to that level of accountability but he's definitely far from empty stats or saying he's not capable of winning.

Like I hear the media trying to say things like he can't lead a team to the championship by himself in NO so he has to team up with LeBron. Are you kidding me? You want to tell me AD needs to beat the Warriors by himself to be deemed worthy of being a superstar? Give me a break that is a bunch of crap. Even if he joins Lebron, they are STILL going to be underdogs. In this day and age you need atleast 3 stars to have a shot at the chip.

Quote Originally Posted by MannyO
    AD lead his team to the playoffs in the stacked West as a 21 year old without another all star/all star caliber player on his team, that says a lot.

But I understand he's held to that level of accountability but he's definitely far from empty stats or saying he's not capable of winning.

Like I hear the media trying to say things like he can't lead a team to the championship by himself in NO so he has to team up with LeBron. Are you kidding me? You want to tell me AD needs to beat the Warriors by himself to be deemed worthy of being a superstar? Give me a break that is a bunch of crap. Even if he joins Lebron, they are STILL going to be underdogs. In this day and age you need atleast 3 stars to have a shot at the chip.
    Media often exaggerates. It's normal.

But I think it's fair to criticize him for his team winning only 30 ish games in his prime repeatedly. It indicates empty stats. Like Cousins critics.

AD is averaging 38 wins a year and 1 playoff win in 7 years so you're saying he will win less than 38 wins and 1 playoff series with LeBron?