Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: If luka was black people would be calling him the next MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Its funny really. After hundreds of years of nonsense.....invasions, genocides, erased cultures, minority rule, jim crow laws, disenfranchisement, apartheid, forced relocations, broken treaties, thousands of random murders for no reason but race...

White people have now decided they are being discriminated against in America while being the majority period, the extreme vast majority in power, and running every platform they believe discriminates against them.

If white people in this country cant take being the target of some facebook comments by a 19 year old black guy who is usually joking I dont know how they would have made it being any other race. Being a white American in 2019 is pretty much winning the lottery considering all the other humans your soul could have landed in throughout history.

You could have been marched down the Trail of Tears, intentionally infected with syphilis by the US government, had laws passed putting a max number of you per square feet of your home to reduce your presence in white areas, or made to count the bubbles in a bar of soap before being given the right to vote.

Bitch asses complaining about all star votes. My god...from where do modern American whites summon the will to endure....
    You don't even need to bring up what we did to people of color, just bring up our own white ancestors who were slaves, serfs, faced genocide etc who would probably laugh at us just as hard as you are for getting triggered over all star votes . They'd be disgusted at how soft they are today, or how hypocritical we ended up being after going through some shit ourselves. If I didnt love your avi so much I'd say you should make it Batu Khan, maybe even Mansa Musa to trigger them. They likely wouldn't know shit about them though

This thread should probably be locked.

First of all it was dumb. Luka plays nothing like MJ, especially rookie MJ.

Secondly I don't think the racial discussion is going anywhere positive.

Maybe there are some whites here ( I am white) who are prejudiced against blacks. Having known a few whites who were racists I would add that an NBA message board would be an unlikely place to find them. I asked one of them one day why he liked hockey so much. His response was "because it's white" lol.

I think the more likely scenario is that there are some whites that are getting a little overexcited seeing a white boy with an elite game.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    This thread should probably be locked.

First of all it was dumb. Luka plays nothing like MJ, especially rookie MJ.

Secondly I don't think the racial discussion is going anywhere positive.

Maybe there are some whites here ( I am white) who are prejudiced against blacks. Having known a few whites who were racists I would add that an NBA message board would be an unlikely place to find them. I asked one of them one day why he liked hockey so much. His response was "because it's white" lol.

I think the more likely scenario is that there are some whites that are getting a little overexcited seeing a white boy with an elite game.
    You'd think so, but you'd be wrong. There are a number of alt-right racist types of ISH, some of whom go as far as calling black people monkeys and such. It puzzles me as well how on the one hand a lot of these guys will stan x NBA player, and then turn right around and say super racist stuff. Also, why are they fans of a league that's overwhelmingly black if they're racist? Why come to a message board about a league that's overwhelmingly black if you're racist? There's a weirdness to these bigots. They hate blacks, but are attracted to black culture. All part of the sorted history of race in the US, and the resultant consequences I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    Not all racism is equal. There's a huge difference between most whites who are racist and most blacks who are racist. One stems from anger and sadness of the way white people in general have treated blacks historically. The other stems from just pure hatred and ignorance.
    It is 2019, blacks aren

if Luka was black all we'd hear is how overhyped/overrated he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Its funny really. After hundreds of years of nonsense.....invasions, genocides, erased cultures, minority rule, jim crow laws, disenfranchisement, apartheid, forced relocations, broken treaties, thousands of random murders for no reason but race...

White people have now decided they are being discriminated against in America while being the majority period, the extreme vast majority in power, and running every platform they believe discriminates against them.

If white people in this country cant take being the target of some facebook comments by a 19 year old black guy who is usually joking I dont know how they would have made it being any other race. Being a white American in 2019 is pretty much winning the lottery considering all the other humans your soul could have landed in throughout history.

You could have been marched down the Trail of Tears, intentionally infected with syphilis by the US government, had laws passed putting a max number of you per square feet of your home to reduce your presence in white areas, or made to count the bubbles in a bar of soap before being given the right to vote.

Bitch asses complaining about all star votes. My god...from where do modern American whites summon the will to endure....
    and JESUS this.

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    and JESUS this.
    Right

If you encounter real bigotry by all means stomp that shit out...Those people prove the shoe could be on the other foot given changes in history which isn too complex of a subject I care to go into atm...But THIS? Jesus **** even as a mostly white, borderline Luka stan it makes me cringe. Not sure who has more Luka Magic in their mouth, his gf or some of these posters
    Last edited by jongib369; 01-28-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardtop Hero
    You'd think so, but you'd be wrong. There are a number of alt-right racist types of ISH, some of whom go as far as calling black people monkeys and such. It puzzles me as well how on the one hand a lot of these guys will stan x NBA player, and then turn right around and say super racist stuff. Also, why are they fans of a league that's overwhelmingly black if they're racist? Why come to a message board about a league that's overwhelmingly black if you're racist? There's a weirdness to these bigots. They hate blacks, but are attracted to black culture. All part of the sorted history of race in the US, and the resultant consequences I guess.

Maybe a partial answer is just trolling. I think some here will say some crazy stuff just to piss people off.

Plus there are a lot of shades of gray between a white guy who has no prejudice against blacks at all vs someone who is racist.

This thread turned about Lebron in the first post

[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]It is 2019, blacks aren

The racial complaint I have seen consistently from the black guys I have known over the years is about cops. Seems like they all have stories about being harassed by cops for no reason other than being black.

Other than that I haven't heard much complaining, although there are probably things they aren't going to share with a white guy.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    The racial complaint I have seen consistently from the black guys I have known over the years is about cops. Seems like they all have stories about being harassed by cops for no reason other than being black.

Other than that I haven't heard much complaining, although there are probably things they aren't going to share with a white guy.
    I should note that my grand uncle was, at one time, the highest ranking police officer in Washington DC so I grew up around the po po, who I think have a challenging job and often have to deal with the fall out of society's ills

That said, anyone who can look at the evidence above (and again, that's just the tip of the iceberg because i could literally post dozens more examples), and STILL says "Duh Black Lives Matter is a terrorist group!" "Duh, there's no racism it's just whining" "Duh duh duh" obviously doesn't CARE about these sorts of issues, and is likely the type to contribute to them.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by bobopenguin
    lol @ hawks & Kings
    No kidding. What were the Hawks thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by jayfan
    No kidding. What were the Hawks thinking?

They thought Trey Young is the next Curry. A lot of people were questioning their move on draft night.

3-time NBA All-Star

[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]It is 2019, blacks aren