Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Thon Maker demands trade

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Even if it was lottery protected to where it only conveys if they miss the playoffs?

I mean, I don't know...something like that makes sense to me for the Bucks.

It gets them off the Snell contract and improves their chances of making the finals this year.

Wes would be really good on a team like that...he'd also reduce the amount of minutes George Hill is playing.

I'd just love to see the Bucks do something, perhaps with the Hill expiring, to get better and do everything they can to make the finals this year.
    Yeah they're definitely going to try to make a move, would just hate to give up another 1st especially we've already given up 2 (though well protected) in the past year and a half.

I actually like where the rotation is at now that Sterling Brown and DJ Wilson have emerged as solid rotation players. But one more shot creating or shooting wing off the bench would be so sick.

I just have no idea what Thon's value is at this point.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Yeah they're definitely going to try to make a move, would just hate to give up another 1st especially we've already given up 2 (though well protected) in the past year and a half.

I actually like where the rotation is at now that Sterling Brown and DJ Wilson have emerged as solid rotation players. But one more shot creating or shooting wing off the bench would be so sick.

I just have no idea what Thon's value is at this point.
    Probably doesn't have much value, but Snell / Maker would be interesting enough for me, if I'm the Mavericks, to move Wesley...even without a pick

I think that would be a nice addition, but what would really move the needle, would be using Hill and a pick for another piece.

I don't know...I'm just thinking about this team...if they added two more quality rotation players instead of Hill / Snell / Maker...I really think they could actually challenge for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Probably doesn't have much value, but Snell / Maker would be interesting enough for me, if I'm the Mavericks, to move Wesley...even without a pick

I think that would be a nice addition, but what would really move the needle, would be using Hill and a pick for another piece.

I don't know...I'm just thinking about this team...if they added two more quality rotation players instead of Hill / Snell / Maker...I really think they could actually challenge for the title.
    Would you really do that Wes deal? I view Snell as a clear negative asset honestly, he's a solid player but 2 years/24 mil after this year is rough. Idk if the Mavs do that but any deal where we could shed Snell without a first would be huge, I think that would actually put us in a position to open up a max slot if we were to go after Kemba or something.

It annoys me that Ariza is wasting away in Washington, having him off the bench in a small role would be sick.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    a 37 year old 3rd year player averaging 4ppg demanding a trade

Maker's listed age is 22 next month, but allegedly he graduated high school in 2010

He's terrible but has potential to be a backup C some day maybe? He needs to be in a switching defensive scheme and have zero responsibility offensively besides shooting open 3s. He can't do anything else.
    Trey Lyles -4- Thon?

Would you really do that Wes deal? I view Snell as a clear negative asset honestly, he's a solid player but 2 years/24 mil after this year is rough. Idk if the Mavs do that but any deal where we could shed Snell without a first would be huge, I think that would actually put us in a position to open up a max slot if we were to go after Kemba or something.

It annoys me that Ariza is wasting away in Washington, having him off the bench in a small role would be sick.
    Sure, you just roll the dice on Maker without taking on much risk. Cap is jumping and you get a sg that can drill 3's.

Obviously I think the deal with a lottery protected first is more fair, but getting anything for Wes's expiring contract is better than nothing.

I'm just, as the Bucks, I have a really good team right now that could make the leap to scary good if I could flip Hill / Snell / Maker for two rotation players.

Honestly, some monster trade like Hill / Snell / Maker / Salary / 1 future unprotected first for Barnes / Wes / Powell...it would never happen, but I think it would actually make a lot of sense for both teams.

And would make the Bucks the clear East favorite and a legit shot to scare the Warriors.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

This why I posted the initial media link on Bucks forum , cause this thread has no clue what they are talking about.
    Saying Thon Maker a 21 year old player is no good , and should be traded is
    ridiculous.

Bucks drafted him , and he was as green as grass, but was taught by the Bucks staff.
    He is important even without more minutes he desires.
    It is what makes a championship team , and trading any player or players off of Milwaukee is the most stupidest thing this franchise can do.

Off Season if someone still can't agree to a contract , then fine , move them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    This why I posted the initial media link on Bucks forum , cause this thread has no clue what they are talking about.
    Saying Thon Maker a 21 year old player is no good , and should be traded is
    ridiculous.

Bucks drafted him , and he was as green as grass, but was taught by the Bucks staff.
    He is important even without more minutes he desires.
    It is what makes a championship team , and trading any player or players off of Milwaukee is the most stupidest thing this franchise can do.

Off Season if someone still can't agree to a contract , then fine , move them.
    What?

Hill / Maker / Snell are making virtually no impact on this team and if they moved them for 2 players that would...the team would get much better.

The Bucks are in the exact type of position in which it makes sense to upgrade the roster because they have a legit shot to make the finals.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

The Bucks GM should get on sportscenter today and give him the Connor "Who the **** is that?" treatment. Demand....

Chris Boucher > Thon Maker

The black Andrea Bargnani

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

I liked Maker when I've saw him. Hits 3's and blocks shots. Needs to put on some weight

5-time NBA All-Star

Bucks have a lot of players that you can't depend on game to game. Bledsoe and Middleton can have 3 game stretches where you don't know if a good game is coming. Brogdon and Lopez are more consistent than they are. So I disagree with some people who are being mentioned for trade bait here. They need the consistently good player more than anything. He could be a solid defensive player that shoots good foul shots. Or a consistent jump shooter. Or a solid rebounder. They have needs but consistency stands out in those areas.

Muscala for Maker

Get it done Brand