Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jokic Stan

Default Re: Do you look at Lebron differently now that he

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    Kobe is STILL the most discussed basketball figure in 2019

damn near three years of inactive hoops....
    Lebron is clearly talked about more. Even in this thread, which is about Lebron, he is talked about more.

Kobe is merely a secondary figure in these discussions.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    Lebron is clearly talked about more. Even in this thread, which is about Lebron, he is talked about more.

Kobe is merely a secondary figure in these discussions.
    One player is active. The other is retired.

Is the LeTard above me trying to suggest it should be otherwise?

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    One player is active. The other is retired.

Is the LeTard above me trying to suggest it should be otherwise?
    No im not suggesting it should be different. However, the poster I replied to DID say Kobe was the most talked about.

Which is wrong, and you are actually agreeing with me.

So why are you getting upset about agreeing with me?

The ISH'ers Champion!

Kobe is the most talked about basketball figure in 2019 as a retired player.

Nothing wrong in what he said.

Decent playground baller

His status is elevated even more. For years, people have said "OMFGLOLZ! LeBron is afraid of the west!" Then he goes west and his team is the 4th seed, close to the 3rd seed and the moment he goes down, they are further and further out of playoff contention.

I truly believe if LeBron was in the west from the beginning, he would have 4 or more rings because all of the talent has always been in the west. His teams would never be untalented. His legacy was set in stone, but when he got that 3rd ring in 2016, it was over. Not much else he can do at this point.

I truly believe LeBron James will win one more ring before his contract with the Lakers is up. I believe it. He will win one more. All the going west narratives were being smashed and now more people create more narratives. Dude hasn't played since Christmas and see all the ridiculous shit being posted on this forum about the Lakers.

This guy is one, if not, one of the most impactful players the league has ever seen.

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

no, we all knew he would be dominating more than did he did in the east. it was expected.

Holy crap Kobe living rent free even in retirement in these Bran stans little heads.

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous
    Typically he got 3 rounds of playoff rest - team virtually coasted through his eastern adversaries

then goes to face a western conference squad that is on its last legs after 3 grueling rounds prior

2012 Thunder
    vs. West: 12-3
    vs. Heat: 1-4
    rest pre Finals: 6 days

2012 Heat
    vs. East: 12-6
    rest pre Finals: 3 days

2013 Spurs
    vs. West: 12-2
    vs. Heat: 3-4
    rest pre Finals: 10 days

2013 Heat
    vs. East: 12-4

2016 Warriors
    vs. West: 12-5 (2 with Curry out)
    vs. Cavs: 3-4

2016 Cavs
    vs. East: 12-2
    rest pre Finals: 6 days

You could look back to any other year he made the Finals, the Western team played as many games, if not less, than LeBron did heading into the Finals. What you said would only apply to 2014 & 2016 (with Curry not playing). And that's not even getting into the minutes played, which I'm sure is a laughable disparity for LeBron compared to his Finals opponents star players

If Jerry West had guys like Kyrie and Allen that could make career altering shots, he'd have the same # of rings as lebron.

Lebron is nothing more than a modern day Jerry West who's style of play was good enough to get to the finals, but not good enough to win a majority of the time. Him playing in the west just proves how his cancerous style of play is even more harmful to his team being that it's in a more difficult conference. His fans got the short end of the stick. They had to settle for watching mediocrity in the form of 6 finals losses while the GOAT fans before him got to watch MJ in the form of 6 finals wins. I don't care how deep it cuts. Facts are facts.

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    If Jerry West had guys like Kyrie and Allen that could make career altering shots, he'd have the same # of rings as lebron.

Lebron is nothing more than a modern day Jerry West who's style of play was good enough to get to the finals, but not good enough to win a majority of the time. Him playing in the west just proves how his cancerous style of play is even more harmful to his team being that it's in a more difficult conference. His fans got the short end of the stick. They had to settle for watching mediocrity in the form of 6 finals losses while the GOAT fans before him got to watch MJ in the form of 6 finals wins. I don't care how deep it cuts. Facts are facts.
    Lebron is widely considered a top 5 player all time at worse...not sure what you are getting at here. Jerry West is easily one of the best players of all time and was the 2nd best SG of all time until Kobe...

West averaged 27/6/7 for his CAREER and still holds the record for most finals points scored all time...and he'd have even more points if he got to play with a 3 point line.

Do you look at the West differently now that LeBron joined a lottery team and took it to the 4th seed beating the defending champs in their own arena?

Lebron is widely considered a top 5 player all time at worse...not sure what you are getting at here. Jerry West is easily one of the best players of all time and was the 2nd best SG of all time until Kobe...

West averaged 27/6/7 for his CAREER and still holds the record for most finals points scored all time...and he'd have even more points if he got to play with a 3 point line.
    Like I said, a modern day 1/9 Jerry West if not for Kyrie and Allen.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Did that happen? Can you show me?

How many teams with a .500 or worse record would you like to see?
    1? 2? 3? Last I checked, it was up to 7. With that said, he cant control how well the other teams play. But those who view things with context have always said that playing in the eastern playoffs is much easier. And it showed in the finals where he lost not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5 but six finals.

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    How many teams with a .500 or worse record would you like to see?
    1? 2? 3? Last I checked, it was up to 7. With that said, he cant control how well the other teams play. But those who view things with context have always said that playing in the eastern playoffs is much easier. And it showed in the finals where he lost not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5 but six finals.
    Lebron in the last 6 finals against the best the west has to offer is still putting up like 30/10/7 on very high efficiency...so to think he as an individual wouldn't dominate the lesser Western teams is silly.

I mean, the OP IS talking solely about Lebron and his play...acting like the back end of his prime version Lebron is somehow struggling...when his play lifted a lottery team IN THE WEST to like the 3rd of 4th seed before getting a fluke injury.