Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Is Klay Thompson overrated as a defender?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    I could care less what the commentators said it's an obvious blatent push off. Is it as big as some of brons? No but it's a good enough one to make Klay fall. Plus Kobe trips him at the end of it. Klay didn't just fall on his own because he's a trash defender. Your an idiot if you really think that.

Either way I could care less. I'm not even a fan of Klay or anyone on the warriors. Hes just a good defender is all and definitely not overrated.

And I don't know why you keep bringing up LeBron. He's my favorite player in the NBA currently but Kobe was my favorite before that and I actually lean a little more towards Kobe as to who the better player is.
    The problem here is that we have media members wedging Klay Thompson in the discussion of the best perimeter defenders in the game.. Lets be real here for a moment.. is Klay closer to the elites or average when it comes to defense? This is where the discussion breaks down.

IMHO.. Not strong enough, not fast enough.. doesn't have the footspeed nor does he have the coordination.. was dislodged easily from Kobe doing a legit move. Klay is just .. Inconsistent, nonchalant.. too cool for school. Elite defender? IMHO close to average. Paul "The Truth" Pierce is right.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortal
    The problem here is that we have media members wedging Klay Thompson in the discussion of the best perimeter defenders in the game.. Lets be real here for a moment.. is Klay closer to the elites or average when it comes to defense? This is where the discussion breaks down.

IMHO.. Not strong enough, not fast enough.. doesn't have the footspeed nor does he have the coordination.. was dislodged easily from Kobe doing a legit move. Klay is just .. Inconsistent, nonchalant.. too cool for school. Elite defender? IMHO close to average. Paul "The Truth" Pierce is right.
    I'd say most media guys or bball fans have him rated as a decent to good defender which is where I'd say he is. There may be the odd media guy or Klay fan saying otherwise but I think most people rate him appropriately.
    And yes I would agree he's probably closer to average then elite. Anyone saying he's elite is wrong but anyone saying he's a bad defender is wrong also

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    I'd say most media guys or bball fans have him rated as a decent to good defender which is where I'd say he is. There may be the odd media guy or Klay fan saying otherwise but I think most people rate him appropriately.
    And yes I would agree he's probably closer to average then elite. Anyone saying he's elite is wrong but anyone saying he's a bad defender is wrong also
    I'm with you here. Respect.

3-time NBA All-Star

[QUOTE=TheImmortal]I'm with you here. Respect. [/QUOT

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortal
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWgEZPMf3jQ

Jalen Rose picked Klay Thompson as the one guy to defend James Harden.. a guy who doesn't have elite footspeed, length and at times can be a foul maniac to guard the best foul seeker of this era? IDK.. seems a bit overrated imo. Give me 37 year old Igoudala over Klay on a single defensive possession on Harden imo.
    I agree, KT is more in your face, but foot work is everything as a defender....

I would tak Iggy as well , past all-star , MVP of finals.