Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow Is Klay Thompson overrated as a defender?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWgEZPMf3jQ

Jalen Rose picked Klay Thompson as the one guy to defend James Harden.. a guy who doesn't have elite footspeed, length and at times can be a foul maniac to guard the best foul seeker of this era? IDK.. seems a bit overrated imo. Give me 37 year old Igoudala over Klay on a single defensive possession on Harden imo.

Default Re: Is Klay Thompson overrated as a defender?

In b4 warriorfan.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450
    In b4 warriorfan.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNBi9oQspPQ

Considering he gets lit up every single time by Kyrie, yes... yes he is.

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Considering he gets lit up every single time by Kyrie, yes... yes he is.
    Oh please, who on the Warriors wouldn't get lit up by Kyrie? Kyrie is one of them dudes that it doesn't matter who you put on him. Plus there are a million picks to find a way for Kyrie to get Steph on him... and we know how much he gets abused by Kyrie

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Oh please, who on the Warriors wouldn't get lit up by Kyrie? Kyrie is one of them dudes that it doesn't matter who you put on him. Plus there are a million picks to find a way for Kyrie to get Steph on him... and we know how much he gets abused by Kyrie
    According to 50 alts Kyrie isn't even a top 10 scoring PG in the East.

#LeGOAT

3-time NBA All-Star

No he's a pretty good defender. Sure he gets beat a fair amount but he usually gaurds the best gaurd or small foward on the opposing team so that's gonna happen. Especially In an era where the rules heavily favour the offensive player

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    No he's a pretty good defender. Sure he gets beat a fair amount but he usually gaurds the best gaurd or small foward on the opposing team so that's gonna happen. Especially In an era where the rules heavily favour the offensive player
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0HAxQ4s8rg

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortal
    Ok so what? He got beat by a player in the goat convo. What's that prove? Btw he didn't break his ankles. Kobe pushes him and then trips him. Skip to 1:21 it's clear as a day. Good try though https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qNa3205Bt6M

Ok so what? He got beat by a player in the goat convo. What's that prove? Btw he didn't break his ankles. Kobe pushes him and then trips him. Skip to 1:21 it's clear as a day. Good try though https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qNa3205Bt6M
    https://youtu.be/qNa3205Bt6M?t=75

Just a tiny nudge and he goes flying.. not strong enough for any era. Stu Lantz is best buds with his father. Of course he doesn't want to embarrass son. Way to get influenced by a commentator smh you probably think the league should do this do that whenver Jeff Van Gundy talks.. playing you like a string. LOL This isn't like the blatant NFL style stiffarms that LeBrenda James does on a daily.. just a little nudge.

Imagine what Jordan would do to this weakling? Kobe in his prime would torch him. Sorry we don't respect Klays individual defense.. Only Brantards and media fanboys would attempt to overrate him. They did the same thing with Draymond. Realistically, he's in the Lonzo Ball tier of defenders. Great? Not really, but not the worst in todays league.
    Last edited by TheImmortal; 01-26-2019 at 01:00 PM.

3-time NBA All-Star

https://youtu.be/qNa3205Bt6M?t=75

Just a tiny push and he goes flying.. not strong enough for any era. This isn't like the blatant NFL style stiffarms that LeBrenda James does on a daily.. just a tiny one. Imagine what Jordan would do to this weakling? Kobe in his prime would torch him. Sorry we don't respect Klays individual defense.. Only Brantards and media fanboys would attempt to overrate him. They did the same thing with Draymond. Honestly, Lonzo ball is just as good of a defender as Klay, if not better.
    Your an idiot dude. Of course Kobe in his prime and mj would roast him. They're the two best scorers ever. If being able to gaurd those two is what defines a good defender then I guess no one's a good defender.
    And yeah Bron stiff arms but what does that have to do with Kobe's obvious push on klay? As I said I don't think Klay can gaurd Kobe but that was a horrible example and a obvious push. The video proof is right in front of you if you want to ignore it that's fine but your an idiot.
    And yeah Alonzo is a good defender also. They both are. No one's saying either is great. The question was is Klay and overrated defender. Not a great one. Most people would rate him as a good defender which he is.

Your an idiot dude. Of course Kobe in his prime and mj would roast him. They're the two best scorers ever. If being able to gaurd those two is what defines a good defender then I guess no one's a good defender.
    And yeah Bron stiff arms but what does that have to do with Kobe's obvious push on klay? As I said I don't think Klay can gaurd Kobe but that was a horrible example and a obvious push. The video proof is right in front of you if you want to ignore it that's fine but your an idiot.
    And yeah Alonzo is a good defender also. They both are. No one's saying either is great. The question was is Klay and overrated defender. Not a great one. Most people would rate him as a good defender which he is.
    I've already addressed above that it's not a PUSH OFF like the commentators said (conflict of interest comments as addressed above: Stu Lantz not wanting to embarrass son of best friend). It's not a push-off. Just because a commentator says it doesn't make it true you idiot.

Further, its funny how you of all people would talk about pushoff when your idol does it to the 10th degree...

Pathetic. Next.

Back on topic: Klay Thompson = overrated as a defender IMHO.
    Last edited by TheImmortal; 01-26-2019 at 01:07 PM.

"But Klay Thompson is taller than James" - Jalen Rose.. What does a few inches in height have to do with anything? Klay is not overwhelmingly taller than Harden nor does he have the length to recover for the shot. Pierce is right when it comes to Klay LOL. I'm sorry but Klays defense is a non-factor. I wouldn't put Klay as a primary defender on Bron for that exact reason: Not strong enough and is a foul maniac. Doesn't have elite footspeed and referees don't respect him. Above I posted a clip of Klay blatantly fouling James Harden on a 3point shot and Klay "oblivious" Thompson really thinks he didn't foul. In an alternate universe where Klay Thompson is LeBron's whiping boy is named the worst defender in the league. If only we can witness this for a bit.
    Last edited by TheImmortal; 01-26-2019 at 01:32 PM.

3-time NBA All-Star

I've already addressed above that it's not a PUSH OFF like the commentators said (conflict of interest comments as addressed above: Stu Lantz not wanting to embarrass son of best friend). It's not a push-off. Just because a commentator says it doesn't make it true you idiot.

Further, its funny how you of all people would talk about pushoff when your idol does it to the 10th degree...

Pathetic. Next.

Back on topic: Klay Thompson = overrated as a defender IMHO.
    I could care less what the commentators said it's an obvious blatent push off. Is it as big as some of brons? No but it's a good enough one to make Klay fall. Plus Kobe trips him at the end of it. Klay didn't just fall on his own because he's a trash defender. Your an idiot if you really think that.

Either way I could care less. I'm not even a fan of Klay or anyone on the warriors. Hes just a good defender is all and definitely not overrated.

And I don't know why you keep bringing up LeBron. He's my favorite player in the NBA currently but Kobe was my favorite before that and I actually lean a little more towards Kobe as to who the better player is.

3-time NBA All-Star

"But Klay Thompson is taller than James" - Jalen Rose.. What does a few inches in height have to do with anything? Klay is not overwhelmingly taller than Harden nor does he have the length to recover for the shot. Pierce is right when it comes to Klay LOL. I'm sorry but Klays defense is a non-factor. I wouldn't put Klay as a primary defender on Bron for that exact reason: Not strong enough and is a foul maniac. Doesn't have elite footspeed and referees don't respect him. Above I posted a clip of Klay blatantly fouling James Harden on a 3point shot and Klay "obvlivious" Thompson really thinks he didn't foul. In an alternate universe where Klay Thompson is LeBron's whiping boy is named the worst defender in the league. If only we can witness this for a bit.
    So Klay Thompson can't gaurd mj, kobe, LeBron and James harden so that means he's not a good defender. Who in the hell can gaurd any of those guys? Klay may not have elite athleticism but hes a good defender that usually plays guys pretty well.

And what player in the NBA ever thinks he actually fouled anyone? Your examples of why Klay isnt a good defender are horrible