Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dr J

8 57.14%
  • Kevin Durant

6 42.86%

Default Dr J or Kevin Durant

Who is the better player?

Both won 1 league mvp and a titles in the league. Dr J needed Moses Malone to lead them while Durant did so on his own. But Dr J had to deal with Magic and Bird at the same time while they had great teams as well even at times losing with HCA to them.

Default Re: Dr J or Kevin Durant

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp
    Who is the better player?

Both won 1 league mvp and a titles in the league. Dr J needed Moses Malone to lead them while Durant did so on his own. But Dr J had to deal with Magic and Bird at the same time while they had great teams as well even at times losing with HCA to them.

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

The ABA resume counts in my books not just his NBA resume and his abilities are INCREDIBLE to watch. Nobody, including Jordan, palmed the ball and mixed it with power and finesse like Dr. J he's the best all-time at palming the ball up off the dribble at full speed and proceeding to leap and wave the ball around in the air in ways no player has ever since duplicated (though MJ came close) and he was taller than MJ and could mix it up inside more often. Not a great jump shooter but I don't even care he could still hit jumpers regularly enough to be competent but it's his driving and inside game that's just otherworldly with those giant hands and his leaping ability. I saw a dunk mix none of you have ever seen before and in that dunk mix he did a dunk I've never seen any NBA player ever do. He's the only one who did it - it was a fully palmed windmill and he made it look so effortless like all players should be able to do it but I've never seen it done.

If another fan came at me and said Dr. J is their GOAT or a solid GOAT candidate

- I'd shrug and say - yeah he was incredible. And like I said NBA + ABA career he actually has multiple championships and MVP's.

The Dr. is no joke. He's fringe GOAT tier to me but I'd have no interest to counter if he was GOAT to someone else in my books.
    Last edited by hiphopanonymous; 01-25-2019 at 11:23 PM.

Erving has a championship, Durant does not. Therefore, Erving any day of the week, twice on Sunday.

Erving. More marketable, more loyal, better chess player. Total package.

kevin durant is better player

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous
    The ABA resume counts in my books not just his NBA resume and his abilities are INCREDIBLE to watch. Nobody, including Jordan, palmed the ball and mixed it with power and finesse like Dr. J he's the best all-time at palming the ball up off the dribble at full speed and proceeding to leap and wave the ball around in the air in ways no player has ever since duplicated (though MJ came close) and he was taller than MJ and could mix it up inside more often. Not a great jump shooter but I don't even care he could still hit jumpers regularly enough to be competent but it's his driving and inside game that's just otherworldly with those giant hands and his leaping ability. I saw a dunk mix none of you have ever seen before and in that dunk mix he did a dunk I've never seen any NBA player ever do. He's the only one who did it - it was a fully palmed windmill and he made it look so effortless like all players should be able to do it but I've never seen it done.

If another fan came at me and said Dr. J is their GOAT or a solid GOAT candidate

- I'd shrug and say - yeah he was incredible. And like I said NBA + ABA career he actually has multiple championships and MVP's.

The Dr. is no joke. He's fringe GOAT tier to me but I'd have no interest to counter if he was GOAT to someone else in my books.
    I agree with all this

dr. j is the ONE guy that I think had an equal or better drop step than Mike, and finished over length possibly better.. he's the ONE guy that had these things on mj..

Of course, MJ was quicker and a goat shooter, so coupled with his Dr. J-like ability around the rim, he gets the edge over everyone imo

Kevin Durant is a better player.

Both players are great and they belong in the Pantheon.

But I prefer Doctor J for the following reasons:
    He was more dominant, a better leader, more clutch and changed the culture of the game.

To date Erving also has the greater career.

Durant on the other hand has the greater range and is more difficult to guard on the perimeter.