Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Luka not being all-star starter will be like MJ not making HS team...

The All Star Game sure looks like a real GAME if you go back to 90s to mid 2000s.

First quarters a bit of showing off and less defense, but then second half it was a real game.

Default Re: Luka not being all-star starter will be like MJ not making HS team...

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzLZf8k8dV8

That.

Its funny but...lets just stop calling it a game. Its a show.

I know its kinda supposed to be but...there was a time it was a game. I dont expect Steph to make a serious attempt to stop a 1 on 4 with those superhumans coming at him....but damn.
    Now just watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_sM6gZgV6Y

These guys had PRIDE. Look how pumped the East players were when they won. This was pure competition between the best of the best. Nobody on either team wanted to lose this game.

I can't believe just how far the ASG has devolved compared to that. That shit was awesome. Now it's unwatchable. It's because people are too scared to compete these days honestly. Buncha sensitive dudes like KD, no way they're gonna put their egos on the line and go all out in an ASG.

97 Glen Rice going off, '98 Kobe vs MJ and 2001 were some of the greatest all star games imo.

Back then it seemed like players had pride going up against the other stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Now just watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_sM6gZgV6Y

These guys had PRIDE. Look how pumped the East players were when they won. This was pure competition between the best of the best. Nobody on either team wanted to lose this game.

I can't believe just how far the ASG has devolved compared to that. That shit was awesome. Now it's unwatchable. It's because people are too scared to compete these days honestly. Buncha sensitive dudes like KD, no way they're gonna put their egos on the line and go all out in an ASG.
    That game had playoff intensity, the first 5 or some minutes were crazy. Garnett and Duncan didn't want the others to score on them.

Jokic Stan

Players get paid way too much nowadays to care about an all-star game. No one wants to risk injury and their possible paycheck/endorsements.

And LOL at Kobe passing up the last shot in the 01 allstar game. Didn't Kobe stans constantly ride Lebron for passing up the lsat shot in an allstar game a couple of years ago?

Not surprised at their retardedness.
    Last edited by StrongLurk; 01-26-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

With Kobe, Iverson, KG, and Mutombo all out there? Too much competitiveness. Those types dont just play around with a game on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    Players get paid way too much nowadays to care about an all-star game. No one wants to risk injury and their possible paycheck/endorsements.
    Yeah like Shaq and Garnett among others weren't getting paid back in the day.

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    Yeah like Shaq and Garnett among others weren't getting paid back in the day.
    It's true though, no one wants to risk getting injured in an exhibition game

I dont blame the players, but I also don't expect people to really watch the all star games either because of it

No one remembers what happens in all star games.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    Luka had the second most votes from fans.

I actually think he might have had the most votes, but the NBA rigged it.

Silver is a corrupt pos and I wish the president would investigate the league.
    The racist theory is bullshit but you finally said something that makes sense

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Look in 1977

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkLDcn4yOkU

Its just people playing a normal game. Some flashy plays but people try to stop them. Diving on the floor and fouling to stop drives and all.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Fans wanted him.

Players black balled him.

I've said it a million times; blacks want complete control of the NBA and it's a deeeeep brotherhood.

Chris Paul to DJ after he committed to Dallas "We're brothers. You can't go there."

Luka is a f ucking bull and he'll overcome the odds if anyone can.

They just have to put players around him that aren't racist.
    So a league owned and ran by old white men are discriminating against the best white player to come along since bird. A great white player would be a ratings and marketing dream for the NBA.

I would love to watch Luka in the allstar game. Actually voted for him. There

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    It's true though, no one wants to risk getting injured in an exhibition game

I dont blame the players, but I also don't expect people to really watch the all star games either because of it

No one remembers what happens in all star games.
    When Kobe blocked LeBron's shot, "the game is real, it means something"

When Wade broke Kobe's nose playing defense, "it just an exhibition!!! Why is Wade trying so hard?!?!?!?!

Lebron didnt make the AS game as a rookie. Rookies hardly ever make the AS game. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Lebron didnt make the AS game as a rookie. Rookies hardly ever make the AS game. Get over it.
    Luka's played better than rookie Lebron though, and would have started in the ASG in 2004 by fan vote. Mavs are going to have more wins by ASB than they did all of last season thanks to him.

In all fairness, he shouldn't be a starter so there's no issue here. I think he'll have a decent chance making it as a reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Luka's played better than rookie Lebron though, and would have started in the ASG in 2004 by fan vote. Mavs are going to have more wins by ASB than they did all of last season thanks to him.

In all fairness, he shouldn't be a starter so there's no issue here. I think he'll have a decent chance making it as a reserve.

Since 2000 only two rookies have made the AS game, Yao and Blake. Yao only made it because the Chinese voted him in as a starter.

Coaches are unlikely to pick a rookie, even as a reserve.