View Poll Results: Did Magic sh1t the bed?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely.

9 64.29%
  • No.

3 21.43%
  • Hard to say, jury still out.

2 14.29%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: My goodness what has Magic done? We could of had Paul George, Kawhi + Randle...

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    What? You keep a player against his wishes if he wants a big role and long-term money?

We went over this already few months back, dmavs..
    Yes!

You don't lose a talent like Randle for nothing just because he's emotional or asks for something.

Yep, we went over it and you still either ignore reality or just can't bring yourself to admit the Lakers ****ed up, yet again, here.

The Lakers were in control...and in control in one of the most team friendly free agencies ever...you don't just throw that all away on a talented player before you even see if there is an on court problem.

Has to be one of the dumbest ****ing arguments ever...Randle had to go because of chemistry problems...before the team even plays on the court together.

Especially on a team that isn't even built properly around Lebron anyway...

Makes no sense and the Lakers clearly were wrong to let him walk. No rational and objective person thinks letting Randle go and not getting a return for him was the right decision.

Dunking on everybody in the park LAVAR BALL's Avatar

Default Re: My goodness what has Magic done? We could of had Paul George, Kawhi + Randle...

Pop didn't want to trade Kawhi to Lakers without Kuzma. You don't think Lakers tried?

Not trading Ingram for PG was a mistake, yes. PG was saying he will sign with the Lakers so his trade value plummeted if you remember. So we took the bluff, thinking why trade our most valuable piece for PG if he would sign with us anyways? We didn't know he wouldn't even take a meeting. I think Westbrook knew PG would leave them if Magic got in his ear so he pressurized PG to stay by throwing the party before he could legally speak with Magic - smart move by Westbrook.

Randle or Lopez we should have kept. I said that from day 1. Go check the Lakers forum.
    What is crazy on the PG topic: Lakers thought they wouldn't have any effort to make, because they were the Lakers...It was rampant since some years already, and not the first time (i remember the infamous pitch for Lamarcus Aldridge) . By doing so they let Sam Presti work his magic and convince PG to stay in OKC. Not sure Lebron has anything to do with that.

About the DeAngelo Russel trade, if my memory serves me correctly, half the board was happy with the trade, believing L.A was gonna draft the new Magic ... Well at least Lonzo is better than this draft's top pick .

Lakers plan has never been to contend this year. Weight the pieces you have, target the second star you wanna bring, and choose which one year contract you want to resign. Problem is Magic never thought his two main young trade asset's value would plummet this year (Kuz seems as intradeable as it can get to me).

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Yes!

You don't lose a talent like Randle for nothing just because he's emotional or asks for something.

Yep, we went over it and you still either ignore reality or just can't bring yourself to admit the Lakers ****ed up, yet again, here.

The Lakers were in control...and in control in one of the most team friendly free agencies ever...you don't just throw that all away on a talented player before you even see if there is an on court problem.

Has to be one of the dumbest ****ing arguments ever...Randle had to go because of chemistry problems...before the team even plays on the court together.

Especially on a team that isn't even built properly around Lebron anyway...

Makes no sense and the Lakers clearly were wrong to let him walk. No rational and objective person thinks letting Randle go and not getting a return for him was the right decision.
    We already discussed this.. The return is having money for a 2nd max deal.

With Randle on the Lakers books, even at Pelicans contract salary level, that option for 2nd max deal goes away.. Unless if you salary dump Ingram and/or Lonzo, which would be idiotic. It's one thing to trade them for a star or borderline star, but not to salary dump them just so you can keep Randle for 2 years at Pelicans offer level.

Randle for 2 years is not worth losing your chances at 2nd max deal or having to salary dump Ingram/Lonzo.

We already discussed this.. The return is having money for a 2nd max deal.

With Randle on the Lakers books, even at Pelicans contract salary level, that option for 2nd max deal goes away.. Unless if you salary dump Ingram and/or Lonzo, which would be idiotic. It's one thing to trade them for a star or borderline star, but not to salary dump them just so you can keep Randle for 2 years at Pelicans offer level.

Randle for 2 years is not worth losing your chances at 2nd max deal or having to salary dump Ingram/Lonzo.
    And we've been over this.

You could always just trade Randle if need be....you make it sound like if they had kept Randle and then needed space...they just couldn't trade Randle.

And that just isn't true.

The ISH'ers Champion!

So what do you suggest doing?

LeBron -the best player in nba, 2nd best in nba history- wants to come to Lakers. Do you tell him to get lost?
    ohhhh.... shieeeeett..... I didn't knew you were that high on the kush.

And here I thought you were a reasonable mind but then again I forget this is ISH. You never know what's hiding behind those pixels until you do a lil bit of nudging...

Damn this thread opened a lot of closed doors.

And the suggestion coming from me has been damn clear for ages. Do not sign Lebron (well they did and ****ed up) - it follows - trade his @ss. Why u acting like u don't know this?
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 01-27-2019 at 02:07 AM.

Sure, if I could go back, I would trade Ingram for PG 2 seasons ago. I would also keep either Randle or Lopez last summer. Randle wanted out though unfortunately, but Lopez we could have kept for cheap.

At the same time, hindsight is 20/20. It's not reasonable to look back now because it's all coulda woulda shoulda now. Magic made some good moves like getting rid of Mozgov, Deng, and Clarkson. LeBron was a great signing even with the baggage that comes with it. It is unfortunate he got injured - we were 4th seed until LeBron went down. Hopefully he returns soon.

Let's just see who we can sign this upcoming summer to make things right.
    There were plenty of people calling it bad moves at the time too

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    ohhhh.... shieeeeett..... I didn't knew you were that high on the kush.

And here I thought you were a reasonable mind but then again I forget this is ISH. You never know what's hiding behind those pixels until you do a lil bit of nudging...

Damn this thread opened a lot of closed doors.

And the suggestion coming from me has been damn clear for ages. Do not sign Lebron (well they did and ****ed up) - it follows - trade his @ss. Why u acting like u don't know this?
    So LeBron is not 2nd best player in history behind MJ? Do you even have him top 5?

And you would tell him to get lost? He led his teams to what? 8 straight finals?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    And we've been over this.

You could always just trade Randle if need be....you make it sound like if they had kept Randle and then needed space...they just couldn't trade Randle.

And that just isn't true.
    It would be an a$$hole move to lowball his initial contract offer and tell him "Go look for a better deal and we may or may not match" then still end up trading him to some random team as a salary dump in just 1yr. You don't think other prospective freeagents will see that? It's class-less move. Lakers have not historically dealt with players in that manner.

So LeBron is not 2nd best player in history behind MJ? Do you even have him top 5?

And you would tell him to get lost? He led his teams to what? 8 straight finals?

It would be an a$$hole move to lowball his initial contract offer and tell him "Go look for a better deal and we may or may not match" then still end up trading him to some random team as a salary dump in just 1yr. You don't think other prospective freeagents will see that? It's class-less move. Lakers have not historically dealt with players in that manner.
    Teams do some version of that all the time.

Nothing "asshole" about it. You tell the player you really want them to stay on the team and you are willing to pay market value for him. So you tell the agent / player...go determine your market value...and we'll match that if we can.

Again, this is all just BS excuses for a franchise that let a player like Randle walk for nothing...which would be described by any rational and objective person as sub-optimal.

You can have the last word.