View Poll Results: Did Magic sh1t the bed?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely.

9 64.29%
  • No.

3 21.43%
  • Hard to say, jury still out.

2 14.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The ISH'ers Champion!

Default My goodness what has Magic done? We could of had Paul George, Kawhi + Randle...

Yet all we have is Lebron sitting a groin injury collecting paychecks from his $35 million retirement contract and still stuck with Lonzo, the bust, Ball (nothing personal AirTupac)...

Last edited by PickernRoller; 01-25-2019 at 10:34 PM.

Default Re: My goodness what has Magic done? We could of had Paul George, Kawhi + Randle...

Sure, if I could go back, I would trade Ingram for PG 2 seasons ago. I would also keep either Randle or Lopez last summer. Randle wanted out though unfortunately, but Lopez we could have kept for cheap.

At the same time, hindsight is 20/20. It's not reasonable to look back now because it's all coulda woulda shoulda now. Magic made some good moves like getting rid of Mozgov, Deng, and Clarkson. LeBron was a great signing even with the baggage that comes with it. It is unfortunate he got injured - we were 4th seed until LeBron went down. Hopefully he returns soon.

Let's just see who we can sign this upcoming summer to make things right.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Default Re: My goodness what has Magic done? We could of had Paul George, Kawhi + Randle...

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Sure, if I could go back, I would trade Ingram for PG 2 seasons ago. I would also keep either Randle or Lopez last summer. Randle wanted out though unfortunately, but Lopez we could have kept for cheap.

At the same time, hindsight is 20/20. It's not reasonable to look back now because it's all coulda woulda shoulda now. Magic made some good moves like getting rid of Mozgov, Deng, and Clarkson. LeBron was a great signing even with the baggage that comes with it. It is unfortunate he got injured - we were 4th seed until LeBron went down. Hopefully he returns soon.

All of this

NBA lottery pick

I'd say the move that looks the worst right now is trading Russell. He's proven he's a much better player than Ball.

Banned

you act like kawhi, randle and PG were nobodies before this year.

theres no hindsight about it

They can fix the problem by trading LeTurd right now.

Randle didn't want out, he just wanted more than a 1 season deal and you're gone for a super star. That's all the Laker signings are for this season, kids and rentals to clear cap for whichever all star can join Bron.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L
    Randle didn't want out, he just wanted more than a 1 season deal and you're gone for a super star. That's all the Laker signings are for this season, kids and rentals to clear cap for whichever all star can join Bron.

100% this. Lol @ Randle "wanting out".

The ISH'ers Champion!

"Reasonable" if you believe your own narrative - Kenneth is right. There is no hindsight here about the talent level of Paul George and Kawhi Leonard nor was it unknown that Lebron was starting to become a pest for other all-stars in the league. Before signing Lebron we had these discussions multiple times. Bran was and is fools gold. Randle wanting out?

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    They can fix the problem by trading LeTurd right now.
    Magic is too weak to do so. I wouldn't hold my breath about him doing a 180 on his own idea.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 01-26-2019 at 09:14 AM.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I'd say the move that looks the worst right now is trading Russell. He's proven he's a much better player than Ball.
    Another Magic **** up.

Injured LeBron is better Randle only

75% healthy LeBron is better than Paul George
    100% LeBron is better all of them, maybe not combined but individually, yes.

The ISH'ers Champion!

You're too high on that Kush if you really think Bran is better than today's Paul George and Kawhi Leonard - two-way players in their prime. Defense is half the game. Not to mention these players can actually adapt to coach systems and are coachable.

Randle is a young energetic, grit type asset home built that you shouldn't let go, period.

If you made that statement 6-8 years ago I would agree, but you seem still stuck in 2012.

It's all hindsight but the biggest screwup was putting so much stock in Ingram. Whatever they thought he was supposed to be, I'm not seeing it. There's an argument that 'Lebron-ball' is holding him back but at a certain point, if you're going to be great then.....you're going to be great. Kobe started his career off the bench behind Eddie Jones and Van Exel in the backcourt, and the entire offense running through Shaq. And yet he emerged anyway. Greatness finds a way.

Ball has the playmaking and defensive tools, but not the consistent offensive aggressiveness needed to thrive as a modern day starting PG. Shooting is something you can work on over time, hell even Jason Kidd could stroke the 3 by the end, but his FT shooting makes him too much a liability so if the ball has to be taken out of his hands late game....there goes any value. Not like he can act like a spotup shooter off-ball to compensate

This team would have been nice with Russell, Randle, Kuzma and PG. Oh well....

Lakers "could have had" Kawhi?? What deal did they turn down from the Spurs? Who was involved in the trade that made LA say no??

The truth is, anyone who thinks SA would have traded Kawhi to LA are delusional fools. Yeah, lets trade our superstar to our biggest rival for unproven players.

OP = dumb and desperate

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Please stop with the "Randle wanted out" shit...that isn't even relevant as he was a restricted free agent and those idiots let him walk for nothing in the most team friendly free agency of the modern era.

I'm still pretty high on the Lakers young guys (Ball / Kuz / Hart / Ingram / Zubac)...so it is a bit early to say the Lakers completely screwed up.

However, Ingram's stock now has taken a dramatic hit...seems more like 3rd grade Pippen than 3rd year Pippen.