Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Replace Brandon Ingraham with 2nd year Pippen

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    I already made the point that Ingram > pippen his entire career until lebron arrived

This is obvious fact and I'd be happy to make more threads if you like and repost the stats and data again

89' pippen was garbage a player - but MJ turned him into a star by being a 30-point assist target (off-ball player) to develop pippen's passing, while also teaching / holding him accountable on defense

Pippen wouldn't get any of this alongside lebron's ball-dominance and matador defense, so he'd stagnate like Ingram this year.. .. it's simple and intuitive

And I could care less what realgm or any media outlet says, because they're always wrong, and I'm always right.. i get proven right all the time, and they're always proven wrong
    This is literally the only site left that allows you to thrive at being wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Vino24
    How much better do the Lakers get?
    Wait, you're giving Lebron a 21-8-8 guy with elite perimeter defense? You mean LeBron doesn't have to play alongside J.R. Smith and Mo Williams any longer? Well sheesh, let's lock up the next three chips boys

[QUOTE=Uncle Drew]I think this is highly unlikely. You see, Dad Killer got banned by Stern. LeBron on the other hand doesn

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri

A dose of reality for 3ball
    When has realgm been right about anything?

Now when have I been right?

I called out today's soft-ass, spaced out game in 2013 and realgm banned me.

NOW ITS COMMON KNOWLEDGE THAT TODAY'S GAME IS A JOKE - everything I said in 2013 and 2014 is now standard knowledge

I probably got the time of possession stat taken off NBA.com, because I was once again ahead of the game by exposing it

realgm is an extension of ESPN.. are you seriously propping up realgm and the puppets on that site?

it's funny to me that people who haven't clue about basketball watch and follow it so closely. Then someone like me comes on there and says some shit that's 5 years ahead of it's time - I get banned - then in 5 years, everyone is saying the same shit that I said 5 years ago, AS IF THEY CAME UP WITH IT.. .. like, humans are a joke

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth
    How many finals has LeBron lost?
    How many gambling bets has Jordan lost

Ingram was better than pippen his entire career of HS, college, draft and thru 2 NBA seasons. 89' pippen was garbage a player - but MJ turned him into a star by being a 30-point assist target (off-ball player) to develop pippen's passing, while also teaching / holding him accountable on defense
    Realgm:
    You have no clue what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner
    Realgm:
    No actual argument against Ingram on realgm, just cherry-picked stats to match mine - no real basketball discussion

Ingram is 3rd or 4th option on this team and plays with a bunch of ball-dominators, while pippen had no competition for 2nd option, and was playing next to the goat off-ball assist target.

A pretty big difference, but you won't hear that on realgm... Because they're dumb and don't know anything about basketball... Off-ball? assisted rate? What's that?..

Then there's the skill gap - Ingram is a better ball-handler than pippen ever was, and better shooter at the same stage.. and Ingram is 21 years and 4 months, whereas pippen was shit until he was 24-25

But carry on ignoramuses.. I'll continue calling things right and you guys keep tracking realgm and being wrong and not knowing shit

No actual argument against Ingram on realgm, just cherry-picked stats to match mine - no real basketball discussion

Ingram is 3rd or 4th option on this team and plays with a bunch of ball-dominators, while pippen had no competition for 2nd option, and was playing next to the goat off-ball assist target.

A pretty big difference, but you won't hear that on realgm... Because they're dumb and don't know anything about basketball... Off-ball? assisted rate? What's that?..

Then there's the skill gap - Ingram is a better ball-handler than pippen ever was, and better shooter at the same stage.. and Ingram is 21 years and 4 months, whereas pippen was shit until he was 24-25

But carry on ignoramuses.. I'll continue calling things right and you guys keep tracking realgm and being wrong and not knowing shit
    So you're saying Ingraham is better than Scottie Pippen?

Is this the same Pippen that pulled MJ from the 1/10 trenches?
    Is this the same Pippen that put up 21-9-7 in '91 Finals?
    Is this the same Pippen that put up 21-8-8 in '92 Finals?
    Is this the same Pippen that put up 21-9-8 in '93 Finals?
    Is this the same Pippen that has elite perimeter defense?

Or are you talking about some other Pippen?

Please respond

3ball in shambles.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation

Is this the same [COLOR="DarkRed"]Pippen that pulled MJ from the 1/10[/COLOR] trenches?
    Nobody realizes this, but Hughes pulled Lebron from the lottery

Seriously, what changed from their 9 seed in 05', to their 4 seed and 50 wins in 06'?

Only the addition of a 22/5/5 steals champ and 1st team defender..

Now do i think Hughes saved lebron's career? Obviously not - hughes represented less help than the best teams, and merely gave lebron the baseline help that ANY player needs to make the playoffs as a decent seed, just like pippen gave mj

Until this year (year 3, the arrival of bron)... and Larry Hughes was better than 89' pippen too

Ur forgetting that Jordan's 36/6/7 got 8 seeds and 1-9, while lebron's 27/7/7 got 2 seeds and Finals runs because he had a better cast - this includes former all-stars and all-defense teammates like Hughes and Zydrunas...

89' MJ didn't have any all-stars, nor was 89' pippen capable of 22/5/5 and 1st team all-defense - pippen had to develop into that while lebron was gifted such a player..

Is this the same Pippen that put up 21-9-7 in '91 Finals?
    Is this the same Pippen that put up 21-8-8 in '92 Finals?
    Is this the same Pippen that put up 21-9-8 in '93 Finals?
    Is this the same Pippen that has elite perimeter defense?

Or are you talking about some other Pippen?

I'm talking about 89' Pippen

So before the goat assist target and defense attractor improved pippen's ppg and assist rankings ahead of ingram's
    Last edited by 3ball; 01-25-2019 at 02:09 PM.

They'd see massive drops in points and assists

2nd Year PPG:

Ingram 58th
    Pippen 78th

2nd Year APG:

Ingram 63rd
    Pippen 68th

So they'd be a lot worse simply because pippen was inferior to Ingram from HS thru year 2 in the NBA, and also because MJ isn't here to drive pippen's improvement after that

MJ was a 35-point assist target, which drove pippen's playmaking, and MJ also held pippen accountable on defense - pippen wouldn't have any of this alongside Lebron's ball-dominance and bad defense, so his development would be stagnated like Ingram's this year
    might as well include Kobe's 2nd year stats, where does Kobe rank with his impressive 15 pts, 2 assists, 3 rebs during his 2nd year.
    Again you are CONVENIENTLY IGNORING other factors like Pippen's GREAT DEFENSE,
    Also Phil Jackson and Tex Winter triangle offense that reduced stats for other players other than the focal point. MJ put up great numbers before Phil and Tex but FAILED TO WIN.
    Kobe and MJ tried to win without Phil and FAILED. Phil comes back and use the freaking Smush Parker and Kwame in his starting 5 and voila, they were in the playoffs.

I already made the point that Ingram > pippen his entire career until lebron arrived

This is obvious fact and I'd be happy to make more threads if you like and repost the stats and data again

89' pippen was garbage a player - but MJ turned him into a star by being a 30-point assist target (off-ball player) to develop pippen's passing, while also teaching / holding him accountable on defense

Pippen wouldn't get any of this alongside lebron's ball-dominance and matador defense, so he'd stagnate like Ingram this year.. .. it's simple and intuitive

And I could care less what realgm or any media outlet says, because they're always wrong, and I'm always right.. i get proven right all the time, and they're always proven wrong
    I suspected it before, but now it's official. You have lost your mind.
    How come MJ didn't "teach and developed" his Wizards teammates' passing and held them accountable on defense.