Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Who beat the better #2 options in the Finals?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Lebron's #2s in the finals he won:

Wade 2012: 22.6/6.0/5.2 52% TS

Wade 2013: 19.6/4.0/4.6 51% TS

Kyrie 2016: 27.1/3.9/3.9 56% TS

Here's Pippens in 96,97 and 98:

96: 15.7/8.2/5.3 43% TS

97: 20.0/8.3./3.5 54% TS

98: 15.7/6.8/4.8 50% TS

Well this is a better response, but are you forgetting defense, too? There's no denying Wade and Kyrie were better scorers than Pippen but the 'better than' convo stops right there.

Passer. Pip. Rebounder. Pip. Defense. Pip. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Well this is a better response, but are you forgetting defense, too? There's no denying Wade and Kyrie were better scorers than Pippen but the 'better than' convo stops right there.

Passer. Pip. Rebounder. Pip. Defense. Pip. etc.
    No, I didn't. Hence why I said the best number two in your list is Payton. And if we're talking about defense, where is Parker fitting into that? Both Majerle and Stockton were better defenders. Westbrook weren't anything special defensively. So out of your list, the only one who registers as a defender is Klay, since you raise the topic. Wade in 2012 is a better player overall than Scottie in the 2nd 3peat, especially considering the playoffs.

We can slice it up however you want, champ.

No, I didn't. Hence why I said the best number two in your list is Payton. And if we're talking about defense, where is Parker fitting into that? Both Majerle and Stockton were better defenders. Westbrook weren't anything special defensively. So out of your list, the only one who registers as a defender is Klay, since you raise the topic. Wade in 2012 is a better player overall than Scottie in the 2nd 3peat, especially considering the playoffs.

Majerle couldn't play defense with his feet. Forget average. He'd be a straight shit defender in today's game.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Majerle couldn't play defense with his feet. Forget average. He'd be a straight shit defender in today's game.
    That doesn't negate the point he was a better defender than Parker was. I didn't raise the topic of defense, OP did. Further to that point, the OP didn't once raise the issue of 'defense' in the opening post, just posted a bunch of scoring averages. The intent of his thread is obvious. Until I posted that Wade in 2012 and 2013 provided 20-23ppg finals scoring help, and Kyrie provided 27ppg finals scoring help, and that Scottie was shit on offense in 2 of the 3 finals from 96-98. That resulted in an 'oh shit, let me shift the goalposts to defense' pivot. Only issue with that, neither Parker or Westbrook register on the scale defensively to counter with that point.

Just sayin....
    Last edited by Phoenix; 01-23-2019 at 01:45 PM.

A true GOAT doesn't need it screamed 20x a day that he is the GOAT.

Bran is literally nowhere near the GOAT and the fact that you stans and the media spew it 20x a day to try to force it completely proves the point.

Stay losing idiots.

Bodied.

I'm trying to gather my thoughts for a moment since you're basically attempting to compare Tony Parker to...Dan Majerle? Are we having the same conversation? I know you're trying to skew this in such a way but if you mention "Payton had better defense" can't I just say Parker had better passing and scoring?" I mean...And can we dispell the myth that Payton was a good defender?

He had a DRtg of 103 or lower twice in his life whereas Parker has had hit six times. PG to PG is a fair comparison, too.

That doesn't negate the point he was a better defender than Parker was. I didn't raise the topic of defense, OP did. Further to that point, the OP didn't once raise the issue of 'defense' in the opening post, just posted a bunch of scoring averages. The intent of his thread is obvious. Until I posted that Wade in 2012 and 2013 provided 20-23ppg finals scoring help, and Kyrie provided 27ppg finals scoring help, and that Scottie was shit on offense in 2 of the 3 finals from 96-98. That resulted in an 'oh shit, let me shift the goalposts to defense' pivot. Only issue with that, neither Parker or Westbrook register on the scale defensively to counter with that point.

Just sayin....
    You're way off. Jordan faced weak opponents in the Finals and that's a bonafide fact. Who can argue that? Compared to LeBron and other legends he simply faced much weak teams. When you look at the #2 options it becomes even more laughable.

Why is it hard to admit MJ faced weak teams in the Finals? We openly admit that Bill Russell had a super stacked team and beat up on cupcake opponents but we give MJ a pass?

Nah

Jordan's competition leading up to the finals in the East was 50x more difficult than Bran's competition leading up to the finals in the LEast.

/thread

Why is it hard to admit MJ faced weak teams in the Finals?
    Because it's not true and you're a liar desperately trying to prop up LeBron to compensate for the fact that you missed out on seeing the GOAT MJ play when he did. Sucks to be a millennial, but the least you could do is grow a pair and get over yourself.

MJ DID face weak competition. His teams always had the best player in the series. Checkmate Jordanians

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    A true GOAT doesn't need it screamed 20x a day that he is the GOAT.

Bran is literally nowhere near the GOAT and the fact that you stans and the media spew it 20x a day to try to force it completely proves the point.

Stay losing idiots.

Bodied.
    @3ball

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

96 Payton is the best #2 on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    You were still in yo daddys bawlsack in 96 wtf you facepalming?

I'm trying to gather my thoughts for a moment since you're basically attempting to compare Tony Parker to...Dan Majerle? Are we having the same conversation? I know you're trying to skew this in such a way but if you mention "Payton had better defense" can't I just say Parker had better passing and scoring?" I mean...And can we dispell the myth that Payton was a good defender?

He had a DRtg of 103 or lower twice in his life whereas Parker has had hit six times. PG to PG is a fair comparison, too.
    Which conversation are you having? Your first post quotes scoring averages. I gave you scoring averages that destroyed that agenda. Then you shifted to defense, so I'll now destroy that with your own retarded logic:

Majerle hit 103 drtg 5 times in 14 years, 35% of the time. Parker's hit your arbitrary mark 6 in 18 years, 33% of the time. If you're going to use that logic to make some retarded argument that this makes Parker a better defender than Payton, than Majerle hitting that mark for a greater percentage of his career would make him a better defender than Parker. It also means Stockton is a better defender, hitting that mark 8 times in 19 seasons, 42% of his career. Thanks for proving what I said before. Also, how did Lebron lose the FMVP award to Iggy who's only been under 103 DRtg 4 times in 15 years, 27% of his career? Majerle hit that mark more than Iggy, in less seasons. So, Majerle> Iguodola defensively on account of number times their defensive rating has been 103 or lower, as per your own argument. Any other 'points' you need destroyed?

Parker better passing and scoring? Parker topped out at 6.9 assists and 22 points. Payton topped out 9.0 assists and 24.2 ppg. Lost that one too.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 01-23-2019 at 02:42 PM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Which conversation are you having? Your first post quotes scoring averages. I gave you scoring averages that destroyed that agenda. Then you shifted to defense, so I'll now destroy that with your own retarded logic:

Majerle hit 103 drtg 5 times in 14 years, 35% of the time. Parker's hit your arbitrary mark 6 in 18 years, 33% of the time. If you're going to use that logic to make some retarded argument that this makes Parker a better defender than Payton, than Majerle hitting that mark for a greater percentage of his career would make him a better defender than Parker. It also means Stockton is a better defender, hitting that mark 8 times in 19 seasons, 42% of his career. Thanks for proving what I said before. Also, how did Lebron lose the FMVP award to Iggy who's only been under 103 DRtg 4 times in 15 years, 27% of his career? Majerle hit that mark more than Iggy, in less seasons. So, Majerle> Iguodola defensively on account of number times their defensive rating has been 103 or lower, as per your own argument. Any other 'points' you need destroyed?

Parker better passing and scoring? Parker topped out at 6.9 assists and 22 points. Payton topped out 9.0 assists and 24.2 ppg. Lost that one too.
    these guys are now on meltdown mode so they are spouting nonsense. Theyre mad that these guys respected someone whos disrespected by alphas.