Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: Wait...We all agree Steph is the GOAT shooter right?

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I see Curry getting a lot of hate. I get it. Everyone is sick of the Warriors. But even with that in mind how can anyone deny he's the best shooter ever?

It's not even close. Is there anyone out there that actually believes Jordan or Bird shot better?
    u bet 2 for 12 last nite

I see Curry getting a lot of hate. I get it. Everyone is sick of the Warriors. But even with that in mind how can anyone deny he's the best shooter ever?

It's not even close. Is there anyone out there that actually believes Jordan or Bird shot better?
    Who TF would EVER say Jordan was abetter shooter than...Even Giannis. Get a grip my guy.

Unless that was a troll, considering MJ is easily the worst shooter of all top 15 guards or forwards (Bron, Kobe, Durant, Curry, Bird all better shooters) in which case I commend you on your trolling efforts

MJ can't hide from his 18.9% 3-ball shooting once zone defense wasn't illegal anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Hemmingway
    not even the best on his team
    this.

anyone see the clinic last night? next level.

Jordan isn't in the conversation of best shooters ever.

Bird was good but he swears he was a better shooter in college before a hand injury hampered him in the pros. Knowing Bird he probably hurt his hand in a fight. He was a pretty low volume 3 pt shooter, especially for a guy who won the 3 pt contest, and his career 37.6% from 3 is pretty weak relative to the other top shooters.

Steph is an easy call for me. If he can stay healthy he is going to set the bar so high it will be really tough for anyone to even get close. Not only does he take a high volume of 3s with a high percentage, he is also a career 51% shooter on 2s and 90% from the line.

Other guys i think of quickly are Dirk, Durant, Price, Nash, Miller and Allen.
    Last edited by tontoz; 01-22-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    If we look at 50/40/90% seasons, then Curry has one, Durant has one, Bird has two and Nash has four.
    The 50 is FG percentage, which basically penalizes guys for taking a high volume of 3s like Steph. FG% is a worthless stat in todays game.

Steph's career EFG of 58% is absurd for a guard, over 7% better than Jordan.

Nash had a career EFG of 55.6%, on a much lower volume of shots. Price was at 53%. Those are the only 2 pgs i can think of in the same zip code.
    Last edited by tontoz; 01-22-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Curry is easily the greatest 3pt shooter of all time by FAR and the greatest overall shooter as well but honestly Durant has to be like top 3 all time. His jumper is automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Big164
    “In the conversation”

If by in the conversation you mean #1 all time in FT% then yeah.. i guess that qualifies as being in the convo...
    Tied for #1 with Chris Jackson with Nash and Price 0.01 behind. I'd say they belong in the same conversation as Curry. So does Rick Barry, who's taken 1500 more FTs than Curry to date.

It's not like with 3P shooting, where it's clear Curry is the greatest ever.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Tied for #1 with Chris Jackson with Nash and Price 0.01 behind. I'd say they belong in the same conversation as Curry. So does Rick Barry, who's taken 1500 more FTs than Curry to date.

It's not like with 3P shooting, where it's clear Curry is the greatest ever.
    If you did a combination of all categories Curry would be the best shooter of all time.

Good college starter

He's the best player ever at busting up a defense and riddling it with enough holes to turn it into swiss cheese.

No argument here

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

He's not even the 2nd best shooter on his own team

let that sink in.

Good college starter

This media narrative is like the local news saying the sky is blue.

At this rate saying this over and over has become dumb and awkward because we all know he is way way way more than that.

I don't think there's anyone who disagrees with that statement. If they do, they should never talk basketball again

Local High School Star

I tend to think so ...