Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Joel or Rudy? Embiid or Gobert?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    thought the stats say he is actually quite elite at both ends
    If you're comparing Gobert's offense (putbacks, etc) to bigs that have the offense run through them and create their own shots 100% on their own then I don't know what to tell you.

I guess Deandre Jordan and Tyson Chandler are two of the greatest offensive big men of all time by that logic.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    If you're comparing Gobert's offense (putbacks, etc) to bigs that have the offense run through them and create their own shots 100% on their own then I don't know what to tell you.

I guess Deandre Jordan and Tyson Chandler are two of the greatest offensive big men of all time by that logic.
    If their teams offense was dictated by their screens and the pressure they put on the rim I guess so. The game is supposed to be about getting the most efficient shots. 3's, FT's and dunks. He's on a record pace for dunks and 10th in FTA. He leads the league in screen assists meaning someone is scoring because of his screens. And the pressure he puts on the rim is opening up the floor for others. It is a team game. It's not all about iso's

There's a reason why guys like Towns and Cousins teams suck and Rudy's don't. They put up the big numbers everyone loves and Gobert helps you compete.

There's a reason why guys like Towns and Cousins teams suck and Rudy's don't. They put up the big numbers everyone loves and Gobert helps you compete.
    Towns has the worst 2nd option in the league and Cousins was in the PO's before his achilles injury with Davis. Neither of those players have a good of supporting cast as Gobert.

Embiid would beat the shit out of Gobert one on one.

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Towns has the worst 2nd option in the league and Cousins was in the PO's before his achilles injury with Davis. Neither of those players have a good of supporting cast as Gobert.
    Wiggins is a worse 2nd option than Rubio?

The Jazz were tanking when Gobert emerged in 2014. After they traded Kanter that same crappy team had the 6th best record in the league the rest of that year. The next year they continued to try to tank despite that and only Gobert missing a month cost them the playoffs. The next year they finally got him some help so Hayward wouldn't leave and yet still weren't all in saving their money for Rubio!Gobert missed two months last year and they were horrible yet again with him off the court. This year they brought back the same flawed team. They've been mediocre at best despite Gobert's best efforts. Only recently they've looked good and it took injuries to their two crappy pg's for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PeroAntic
    Embiid would beat the shit out of Gobert one on one.
    It's not a one on one game though. He certainly hasn't beat the shit out of him head to head. The more talented Sixers have beaten the Jazz though. The first game it took Embiid standing at the 3 point line to get Rudy away from the rim so his teammates could make a basket.

Wiggins is a worse 2nd option than Rubio?

The Jazz were tanking when Gobert emerged in 2014. After they traded Kanter that same crappy team had the 6th best record in the league the rest of that year. The next year they continued to try to tank despite that and only Gobert missing a month cost them the playoffs. The next year they finally got him some help so Hayward wouldn't leave and yet still weren't all in saving their money for Rubio!Gobert missed two months last year and they were horrible yet again with him off the court. This year they brought back the same flawed team. They've been mediocre at best despite Gobert's best efforts. Only recently they've looked good and it took injuries to their two crappy pg's for that to happen.
    I didn't know Donovan Mitchell was the 3rd option.
    Gobert wasn't able to post up on CP3 last year in the PO's when they kept switching PnR, that's enough for me to decide lol

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    I didn't know Donovan Mitchell was the 3rd option.
    Gobert wasn't able to post up on CP3 last year in the PO's when they kept switching PnR, that's enough for me to decide lol
    Mitchell is first option. Rubio takes a couple more shots than any one else on the team as hard as that is to believe.

His post game is much improved this year.