Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Turkish government seeks arrest warrant on Kanter

Fukk that shit highgey. Free speech

Turkish government can just threat to ban NBA in their country and specifically pointing finger at Kanter. This way NBA will force kanter to retire from NBA.

NBA will not say no to money. This is sad truth.

look at how many american big corporate companies are forced for bend over to China to rename Taiwan (who's legitimately an independent country) as part province of China.
    Last edited by bobopenguin; 01-16-2019 at 09:27 PM.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Kanter is stuck between a rock and a hard place
    Either serve time in a Turkish prison or finish out his contract with the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by bobopenguin
    Turkish government can just threat to ban NBA in their country and specifically pointing finger at Kanter. This way NBA will force kanter to retire from NBA.

NBA will not say no to money. This is sad truth.

look at how many american big corporate companies are forced for bend over to China to rename Taiwan (who's legitimately an independent country) as part province of China.
    I feel like the good press that the NBA would get from doing something like supporting Kanter (well not supporting but not "banning" him from the NBA) would generate more money for the NBA than Turkey's market ever could. And the NBA has shown that it is a player's league that supports it's players in terms of allowing them to believe what they want and voice it as long as it is not stupidly toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    I feel like the good press that the NBA would get from doing something like supporting Kanter (well not supporting but not "banning" him from the NBA) would generate more money for the NBA than Turkey's market ever could. And the NBA has shown that it is a player's league that supports it's players in terms of allowing them to believe what they want and voice it as long as it is not stupidly toxic.
    why would NBA+its sponsors stand behind a turkish man ( non-US citizen) who has no ID/passport, want dead by his government, while US-Turkey relation has been warming these days.

This guy is a comedian

Banned

kanter financially supported muslim terrorists that planned to kill the leader of turkey..

i think that warrants.....a warrant

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    kanter financially supported muslim terrorists that planned to kill the leader of turkey..

i think that warrants.....a warrant
    Except that didn't happen. That was the story cooked up by Erdogan as an excuse to destroy separation of powers in Turkey and weed out opposition parties.

And there's nothing that says Kanter was involved with Gulen, who is only considered a "terrorist" by Erdogan, who ran him out of Turkey.

Erdogan has used this same tactic to go after journalists who criticize him abroad (because if you do it in Turkey you might end up dead). He's also gone after Turks and non-turks alike overseas who criticize him.

He set his guards on protestors in the US. Literally had them go beat up peaceful protestors in public.
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 01-17-2019 at 08:00 PM.

why would NBA+its sponsors stand behind a turkish man ( non-US citizen) who has no ID/passport, want dead by his government, while US-Turkey relation has been warming these days.

The only reason its "warming" is because Trump likes sucking off tyrants, he finds them aspirational.

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    The only reason its "warming" is because Trump likes sucking off tyrants, he finds them aspirational.
    funny thing is Trump is only one willing to show fist to china commies in american fashion, while everyone else is the world is busying licking chinese balls.

u rather ur president be someone like Trudeau? the man is weak AF.

funny thing is Trump is only one willing to show fist to china commies in american fashion, while everyone else is the world is busying licking chinese balls.

u rather ur president be someone like Trudeau? the man is weak AF.
    Trump let ZTE off the hook for pennies even though it's known that they front for Chinese government hackers.

China is communist in name only btw. They're actually arresting Marxist student groups for advocating communist policies.

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/21/66950...young-marxists

A communist country wouldn't have a bunch of billionaire business owners. I've been to China, it's extremely unequal.

Damn.

"They wanted to see whether I was still in contact with my family or not," he said. "And if they were to see a single text, like, 'Hi mom,' or a single missed call, they'd all be in jail."

Earlier this year, Kanter's father was fired from his job and jailed and now faces up to 15 years in prison over accusations of "membership in a terror group."

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    he's a loudmouth that's taunted the turkish government on social media more than once. zero empathy. keep your mouth shut and let the US state department do the talking, instead he goes on social media and taunts them.
    Like the time when an erdogan security guard beat up an US citizen on US ground for protesting erdogan?