Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Default Re: Alright ive had it, Curry is not only the best player in the NBA but....

How is Curry the best offensive player in the NBA when Kyrie outplayed him during their 2016 finals match up? He hit a game winning 3 in Curry's eye. Curry tried to do what Kyrie did but he couldn't because K Love's defense was too much for his inefficient ability to create enough space to get a good enough shot off. With teammates such as these doing these kinds of things, it's no wonder LBJ was able to win with them.

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

Default Re: Alright ive had it, Curry is not only the best player in the NBA but....

probably the best shooter ever but he's definitely not the best player ever. Not even close. It's absurd that people even argue that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    You could, but you'd be wrong. There's obviously never been a better shooter.
    From beyond the arc.

But all around shooting..... short range, mid-range and long 2's give me MJ, Dirk, Bird or Durant.

Including those 3 range's I listed "plus" 3pt range, I'd take all the players I listed (minus MJ) > Curry.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skip_Bayless
    How is Curry the best offensive player in the NBA when Kyrie outplayed him during their 2016 finals match up? He hit a game winning 3 in Curry's eye. Curry tried to do what Kyrie did but he couldn't because K Love's defense was too much for his inefficient ability to create enough space to get a good enough shot off. With teammates such as these doing these kinds of things, it's no wonder LBJ was able to win with them.
    Curry was injured in 2016. Kyrie wasn’t seeing double teams like Curry was.

[QUOTE=warriorfan]Curry was injured in 2016. Kyrie wasn

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Injured players don't lead their teams in FGA and minutes played over a 7 game Finals series.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    From beyond the arc.

But all around shooting..... short range, mid-range and long 2's give me MJ, Dirk, Bird or Durant.

Including those 3 range's I listed "plus" 3pt range, I'd take all the players I listed (minus MJ) > Curry.
    You're not wrong, but at least the 'he's the best shooter ever' just on the surface isn't nearly as outrageous a comment( without thinking about those elements you mention) as he's the best ever in every offensive facet. I mean, you broke down shooting in different ways, we haven't even gotten into things like post-game or slashing/finishing ability. Even in his own era he's not the best in those categories, just strictly from a positional perspective, to even put that in an all-time big picture context.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 01-14-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Bron/Brady not top 10 Mr.GOAT2408's Avatar

Meltdown

But Curry is definitely not the most skilled, although he's up there. Way higher than LeBum

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    You're not wrong, but at least the 'he's the best shooter ever' just on the surface isn't nearly as outrageous a comment( without thinking about those elements you mention) as he's the best ever in every offensive facet. I mean, you broke down shooting in different ways, we haven't even gotten into things like post-game or slashing/finishing ability. Even in his own era he's not the best in those categories, just strictly from a positional perspective, to even put that in an all-time big picture context.
    True...

The most mid-range shots he's taken (10-16ft, but I think true mid-range is about 11-17ft) was his rookie year at 11%. Then every year after that it went down to where it's lowest was 5% in B2B years, 2016-and 17.

I just don't think we've seen a somewhat steady arsenal inside the 3pt line to say he's the best shooter ever and we'll probably never see it cause he'll keep shooting more 3pa than 2pa. It's pretty much either at the rim or 3pa for his shot selections

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Anyone who believes Kyrie has at any point ever been better than Steph Curry for anything other than a 1 minute stretch needs to stop wasting my oxygen.

Imagine Curry and Kyrie swapping teams in the 2016 Finals and tell me how you think that series goes... holy hell... LMFAO.

Yes, Curry is the best player in the league and he has been for like 2 to 3 years.

NBA rookie of the year

Jokic Stan

That's a pretty big overreaction OP and I'm very high on Curry.

His problems (which are very real) are his durability, lack of ability to get to the free throw line at an elite level, and his ability to handle physicality for a long period of time.

Now if you are JUST talking about offensive/scoring skill, peak Curry is as good as anyone. But basketball is more than just skill, and I'd take peak MJ, Kobe and Lebron for sure over peak Curry.

Curry simply hasn't done what those guys have in the playoffs.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    That's a pretty big overreaction OP and I'm very high on Curry.

His problems (which are very real) are his durability, lack of ability to get to the free throw line at an elite level, and his ability to handle physicality for a long period of time.

Now if you are JUST talking about offensive/scoring skill, peak Curry is as good as anyone. But basketball is more than just skill, and I'd take peak MJ, Kobe and Lebron for sure over peak Curry.

Curry simply hasn't done what those guys have in the playoffs.
    Which of those guys has the record for threes in the playoffs and the finals, plus-minus in the playoffs, or the best single season playoffs record?

Quote Originally Posted by Skip_Bayless
    Just stop. You wrote a 5000 word essay on Lebron. That screams stan loud and clear. No one is buying this conversion to Curry. You made your bed which Lebron literally shit the bed in, and now you must sleep in it.
    Go back to your room Sportjames23