Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Alright ive had it, Curry is not only the best player in the NBA but....

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    yeah def not a stan

ur history is here croatian babyboi. dont make me get Cro Cop to kick upside ya head
    Again, nice 100 year old troll thread of a guy who took 20 of my posts in a gamethread to make it & call it a "1500 word essay"...

Next...

How many of my old threads & posts do you have in your bookmarks / harddrive anyways?
    WTF...

That is kindof creepy i have to say....

Now, please come back to topic of the thread...

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Default Re: Alright ive had it, Curry is not only the best player in the NBA but....

[QUOTE=Skip_Bayless]Don

Banned

open distance shooting/fancy dribbles arent the only skills in basketball

Serious playground baller

Is Pauk really trying to convince us he was never a lebron stan?

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skip_Bayless
    Is Pauk really trying to convince us he was never a lebron stan?

Lebron Lebron Le*DaHeezy*Bron

Bron should thank me. I'm his new roommate in this bit

Curry is definitely not the most skilled unless we're using some specific criteria.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Curry is definitely not the most skilled unless we're using some specific criteria.
    Name the player, name the skill(s), show that it led to winning.

Being skilled often has nothing to do with being better. Rafer Alston was more skilled than Shaq.

Nah m8s... this dude is just............

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    every single facet of the game offensively you could say he is the best ever at, perhaps not passing skills but im pretty sure he is MUCH better at that than we give him credit for, i mean its hard to turn down so many shots and pass instead.... when you just cant ***ing miss.....
    You could, but you'd be wrong. There's obviously never been a better shooter.

3-time NBA All-Star

The only thing curry is the greatest at is 3 point shooting and maybe foul shooting. Hes a great ball handler but not the best ever and after that he's just good to ok at everything else. Your forgetting about all the times in the post season where he got out played by players on both teams. I've broken it down it down in another post a while back but he's rarely been the best player on the floor in the post season and often is not even the second or third best player on the floor. He also has no fmvp's and only 2 reg season mvp's. That's pretty good but not goat material.

Every time Curry goes off, it is absolutely over for the opponent.

He has the ability to control an offense like few have before. There's guys like Lebron who can drop 50+ and still lose, because while collecting stats they destroy the teams offensive flow, and there's guys like Curry.

Once he goes off it's an automatic win because he makes it so much easier for his teammates by getting triple teamed. [COLOR="White"]Dont @me with that 2013 NYK game where they lost. That was old Curry.[/COLOR]

Also it's a joy to watch because he does not need 10 flops and 15 free throws to get 50.

every single facet of the game offensively you could say he is the best ever at
    No, just no. Curry is the best at a couple things, but everything offensively?

Magic was a better passer. Jordan had a better midrange. Lebron is better at getting to the rim. Dr J was better in the open court. Vince Carter is a superior dunker. Westbrook is more explosive. Bird was a better offensive rebounder, and Wade had a faster first step.

And those are just perimeter players. Obviously, Duncan has a better post game , Shaq was more dominant inside, Kareem had the most unstoppable shot in history, and Moses Malone was a far superior offensive rebounder. Barkley was a more efficient 2 point scorer in his prime.

As for best scorers in history, Curry's teammate has four scoring titles and has averaged over 30 for three finals. Kobe averaged 35 for a season in a more defensive era, which included that 81 point game, best in the modern era.

And we know what Jordan averaged for an entire career, both in the regular season, playoffs and finals.
    Last edited by Marchesk; 01-14-2019 at 08:55 AM.

I forgot one. Harden is much better at getting to the FT line.

If Curry ever goes 1-17 from three, he's not getting 17 FTs

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    ....i would say the most skilled player ive ever seen and this is coming from a Reggie Miller, Lebron etc. etc. etc. "stan" with 80s/90s nostalgia who has 100+ Jordan games.... not only the most skilled but arguably the BEST player ive ever seen lace em up at least OFFENSIVELY... every single facet of the game offensively you could say he is the best ever at, perhaps not passing skills but im pretty sure he is MUCH better at that than we give him credit for, i mean its hard to turn down so many shots and pass instead.... when you just cant ***ing miss.....

He is the best shooter ive ever seen aswell, by far, ive seen them all live... Bird, Dale Ellis, Glen Rice, Mark Price, Reggie Miller, Peja, Nash, Nowitzki, Ray Allen even my country man Drazen Petrovic at his prime who i thought was even better shooter than Reggie..... they got nothing on Curry, take it from me... Curry would beat them all....

Infact i might go out and say as we might never see a better shooter in million years....

There i said it.... did i exaggerate? No, yes, maybe, probably, dunno, ya nah.... but i sure feel better now i vented it out...

Been eye testing him for way to long and enough is enough man.....

Fight me....

PS: I think, no wait, i GUARANTEE that Curry would average ~40 PPG on same efficiency if he had to (if he played with a worse team and were forced to chuck more, like say Lebron was with the Cavs 2003-2008 or Kobe was with the Lakers in 2005-2006, you know).

PS #2: Lebron stans..... stop it.... just give it up.... Lebron is not getting any better or healthier...
    I respect your opinion - and I am also not a die-hard stan of anybody.
    First I like Curry and his basketball persona, and I am also on the same train with most posters, who considers him to be the best ever shooter - better than Allen, Reggie, Bird and the late Drazen Petrovic, who was also one of the best shooters in his prime years. BTW I also watch him with the great Yugoslavian team and remember that he was shooting far more 3s in Europe and Olympics than in NBA - therefore I dig some stats for it and I was right (Olympics and his only season with Real Madrid) - Drazen Petrovic made around 5-6 attempts a game scoring at least 2 3 pointers a game which made for around 40 % from the 3pt line.

But while I consider Curry the best shooter I am not the one who considers him the best offensive weapon ever. I would take MJ consistency over Curry's shooting. I saw Curry underperformed in the Finals, having 1 or 2 decent games for a series and that's it. As great Curry is - he was in 4 consecutive Finals and he was somehow overshadowed by other players. A 3pt shooter like Curry can burn you one day with 10 from 15 from the 3pt line and the next day he is 1 from 11 and you are lost (accept if you are playing with GSW where you have enough firepower to overcome it). You still got the excellent stat line shooting 11 from 26 from distance, but I prefer a steady, more versatile and consistent scorer, who can shoot, who can drive (have more options when the shots not falling) and who is clutch in the postseason.

Anyway I wish Curry all the best and hope that he will have his final say this or next year proving me wrong in my assessment. He is fun to watch and I will be happy to see him play healthy as long as he can.