Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Local High School Star WoGiTaLiA1's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe says Trade Bynum in Candid Vid

all good teams start with a good PG (Spurs, Suns, Pistons). Yes for the future this might not be a good trade but for the next few years itd give the lakers a great oppurtunity at taking the title.
    Not true. A PG helps, but Kobe is a lot like Jordan or Pippen. He needs the ball which basically reduces the effectiveness of any PG. Between Kobe and the Triangle the Lakers dont need a great PG. Sure Kidd helps, adding a great talent always will, but I dont think he puts them over the top. Basically both Kidd and Kobe would be of a reduced effectiveness together. Lakers would be better getting a guy like Chris Duhon off the Bulls. Perfect starter next to Kobe. Very good shooter and defender.

The issue is more about what are they trying to do? Are they rebuilding or trying to win now. Right now they are making the cardinal sin. Being an average team is the absolute worst thing. In the NBA you almost never get a franchise draft pick picking at 10-20 range. The Lakers are good enough right now that they wont get a good pick, bad enough they wont win a title. Need to either be awful or a contender, there is no middle ground and being in the middle ground just means that when Kobe is done or leaves the team falls to pieces. It is what the Knicks, Heat, Toronto, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Cleveland, Seattle, Portland and Sacramento have all done in the last 5 or so years. Sactown and Portland were legit contenders, but they both tried to hang on to long. Minny ****ed themselves with Joe Smith, but they havent done anything to change it since they have been getting picks, bar one year where they went damn close to a title. Toronto are finally looking up after lucking into Bosh, Miami lucked into Wade after finally becoming horrible, Seattle, Milwaukee and Utah all stayed average for ages before they finally have collapsed and are now looking up. Being average barely ever works unless you can add a star to get out of it.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Kobe is a R.apist, team killing scum bag...which this current incident only serves to further highlight. That said, it's a pretty dick move to record a conversation with pro athlete who was decent enough to chat with you and basically blackmail him with it.

Its incredible to see how much things have changed from 2 years ago

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    Its incredible to see how much things have changed from 2 years ago
    yeah bynum got a heck of a lot better the next season. kupchak was right all along

EvilDooinz

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    Kobe is a R.apist, team killing scum bag...which this current incident only serves to further highlight.
    #1 Kobe was never convicted of rape. The tests showed that the accuser had DNA from 3 people in her undergarments. This dirty chick was after money.

#2 "Team killing scumbag"? Opposing teams maybe, but he is reigning MVP of the NBA finals.

I figured your just trolling so I wont lay a beatdown on ya.

This thread is old news.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Old news.

Of course he said trade Bynum for Kidd. What idiot wouldn't trade Bynum for Kidd?
    I suppose hindsight is 20/20

I rule the local playground kap's Avatar

wait what?!? i thoght bynum and kobe were getting along fine...

edit: ooooh this was from 2007 ::roll eyes::

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

It was 2007, and Kobe wanted to win in 2007, not wait 2 years for Bynum to develop into what he is now. Kobe said himself that Bynum would become a great player one day, but it would take time, and he didn't want to wait.

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Dude I think I'm going to go find a thread supporting the Suns trading Marion for Shaq and bust some peoples balls over it!! yah!!

Great college starter

still cracks me up

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopz2332
    still cracks me up

Banned

Damn those Laker teams were stacked

the 2nd best Center of the last 5 years was just another expendable piece on that Lakers team

and Kobe still whined for a trade smh