Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Kobe says Trade Bynum in Candid Vid

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Of course he said trade Bynum for Kidd. What idiot wouldn't trade Bynum for Kidd?
    I think Kidd is great and if I were the Cavs or the Rockets or Chi or Miami I'd pull the deal on a Kidd deal in a heartbeat. Those are all teams that you could argue are just a J.Kidd away from contending or even a title. Especially the Rockets. With Kidd, Rockets move into Dall/SA/Phx range and Chi passes Det and Cle.

Kidd is old and he is expensive and he does not have many miles left, so if you are going for Kidd, you better be ready to win and - because he is so expensive- he is your last substantial move for improvement. So with Kidd, that's your team for abut 3 years.

The Lakers are not that close. Assuming kidd fits perfectly, he gets them to 50 wins, past Rockets and Utah but stll below SA, Dallas, and Phx...and then Kidd will get progressively worse for the next 2 increasingly-expensive years you are locked into with him.

The only person who would make that deal is a guy who thinks that the Lakers are just a Kidd away from competing in the WCF. I don't think anyone beleives that - besides Kobe.

Kupchak hasn't done much to help - caught in the awkward want ot win and rebuild - phase of team management- but the Kidd non-move was well-reasoned.

Local High School Star

...and even if best case scenario, Kidd comes in and is brilliant for 50+ games and somehow Odom-Kobe-Kidd upset the Spurs and win the title, Kidd is still getting worse in progressive years. All you've done is stave off re-building for a year and then two-years later, after kidd has lost it, Kobe will just opt-out while you are still paying Kidd (who you bought for the sole reason of appeasing Kobe)

Lakers need a big man more than they need a point in the triangle offense which doesnt even use the pg like other offenses...

J.O would help, but even he wouldnt put the lakers over the top by himself...KG would be good, but I dont think he does it either(by himself)....

and unless kobe gives up the ball hogging and changes his demeanor as a teammate, it wont really matter...

part of the reason the lakers are this mediocre is because kobe is the leader and he isnt helping his teammates play together

I usually hit open layups

I can't wait for the full video.

Local High School Star Jerz Netz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Starks
    ...and even if best case scenario, Kidd comes in and is brilliant for 50+ games and somehow Odom-Kobe-Kidd upset the Spurs and win the title, Kidd is still getting worse in progressive years. All you've done is stave off re-building for a year and then two-years later, after kidd has lost it, Kobe will just opt-out while you are still paying Kidd (who you bought for the sole reason of appeasing Kobe)
    what? he had 1 the best seasons of his careere this past year. guy almost averaged a triple double.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    KG would be good, but I dont think he does it either(by himself)....
    A KG-Odom-Kobe team would be good and would compete with anyone, but you watch these Spurs, you need a Bruce Bowen and a Brent Barry to make 3's to win titles. Those Lakers don't have the depth for that - because all the money is tied up in Kobe-KG-Lamar.

If only some of these 'IWANNAWIN" superstars would sacrifice some $ to allow the team room to build. They want to win, but only on their terms. (No blame, I'd take the money too, but complain less about winning - I don't care who CTC)

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
    what? he had 1 the best seasons of his careere this past year. guy almost averaged a triple double.
    You are right - Kidd is like a fine wine - getting better with age --

Which is why he didn't handle the ball in any 4th quarter;
    Nets lost more games; and
    Did not defend his position near the level we are used to...

C'mon, if you are a Nets fan, you know this is not the NBA Finals Kidd of 3 years back.

Local High School Star Skyscraper's Avatar

C'mon, if you are a Nets fan, you know this is not the NBA Finals Kidd of 3 years back.

Kidd athleticism and speed has definitely declined... and you cannot say he is in his physical prime, but statistically, he is still in his prime bceause he has adapted his game to compensate for his loss in speed.

his perimeter defense may not be the way it was when he was younger, but he still makes up for it by outsmarting the opponent and using his size/strength. he still playmakes with the best of them and puts up triple doubles once every 8 games.

and the nets lost because they were without two starters for a long period of time.
    i hate the nets because they keep beating the knicks, but i gotta give respect where it's due

lol: smh:

Kobe for number pick+ filler?

The NBA Finals Kidd of 3 years back actually had a backup PG and teammates who actually helped him. Kidd's age is being exploited because he does all the work.

Local High School Star Jerz Netz's Avatar

well obviously hes not like he was 3 years ago. Hes getting older and has a totally new team. He still is one of the top PG's in the league (2nd behind Nash IMO, debatable) so of course i would be pissed if i were Kobe.

You dont know how long it is gonna take bynum to fully develop and by the time he does kobe will be getting old.

Bynum should kick Kobe's ass.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
    well obviously hes not like he was 3 years ago. Hes getting older and has a totally new team. He still is one of the top PG's in the league (2nd behind Nash IMO, debatable) so of course i would be pissed if i were Kobe.

You dont know how long it is gonna take bynum to fully develop and by the time he does kobe will be getting old.
    try to think like a gm for a sec and not a fantasy owner and you'll see why the Kidd deal made no sense - not from a "Lets keep Bynum" perspective, but a "Lets not take on Kidd"

NBA rookie of the year

try to think like a gm for a sec and not a fantasy owner and you'll see why the Kidd deal made no sense - not from a "Lets keep Bynum" perspective, but a "Lets not take on Kidd"

yes Bynum is younger, in a few years could become a very good player.

but keep in mind in a few years, Kobe will be in the tail end of his prime and will possibly become less dominant.

overall, Cupcake was in a bind. either displease Kobe or ruin the future (Kidd + Kobe + Odom still would not have gotten past the Suns. Kidd may neutralize Nash but Amare would be too much)

Local High School Star

Man this country is getting sicker by the minute. People capturing a private conversation and selling on the internet. Wow... it's almost a disgrace to be an American nowadays.