Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    One of Shemps Kids
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Breaking News: Kobe Video Leaked

[QUOTE]New York Times

It has been three weeks since Kobe Bryant has been seen on television or heard on the radio. But that has not kept the Bryant story out of the media. Between KB24.com and YouTube.com, the Internet is bringing the events surrounding Bryant's apparent trade demand to the boiling point.

The next chapter of this saga comes in the form of an amateur video, apparently taken several weeks ago, in which Bryant directs harsh statements at his teammate Andrew Bynum and Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak.

The video is set to be released later this week by a group of men who have chosen to remain anonymous. They plan to charge users $1.99 to see footage of Bryant venting anger toward his current -- but perhaps soon-to-be former -- organization.

Last edited by One of Shemps Kids; 06-19-2007 at 02:28 AM.

Default Re: Kobe says Trade Bynum in Candid Vid

So these guys think people are going to play 1.99 for that. It'll be up on public sites like Youtube within minutes of them posting it

Local High School Star

yea no ****, they should just sell the tape to an LA newstation

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
    yea no ****, they should just sell the tape to an LA newstation
    most news stations as rule won't purchase info like that... that's why they are going to try and charge for it on the net, last week they were on a LA radio trying to hype it up...

it would probably show up on a celebrity style site before it appears on a legit type news/sports program...

Local High School Star WoGiTaLiA1's Avatar

Kobe has a point really. They committed to him as the man when they traded Shaq and set Jackson packing. Since then they have basically gone on a half assed youth movement. While it is hard to say that Kobe "has the right" to anything, they should be trying to win a title or they should trade him. Bynum and Kobe are basically polar opposites for what you are trying to achieve. Either you are relying on the young guy or winning now.

Yeah, its almost looking like the Boston situation, except they're not bringing in any good prospects and they give their superstar the idea that they're trying to win now.

I don't blame Kobe one bit, but I also can't imagine him in a Bulls uni. Its gonna be so weird.

Old news.

Of course he said trade Bynum for Kidd. What idiot wouldn't trade Bynum for Kidd?

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Old news.

Of course he said trade Bynum for Kidd. What idiot wouldn't trade Bynum for Kidd?
    Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
    Kobe has a point really. They committed to him as the man when they traded Shaq and set Jackson packing. Since then they have basically gone on a half assed youth movement. While it is hard to say that Kobe "has the right" to anything, they should be trying to win a title or they should trade him. Bynum and Kobe are basically polar opposites for what you are trying to achieve. Either you are relying on the young guy or winning now.
    Amen.

LAKER FAN FOR LIFE lovethetriangle's Avatar

Mitch is the GOAT!!!

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Which tactic for getting yourself off a team is worse, trashing the GM and teammates like Bryant is now or quitting like Carter? The way he's bashing Bynum is wrong, IMO. If I was an NBA player, I wouldn't want a teammate that I knew would be willing to talk about me like that. It's not Bynum's fault that he's an inexperienced player that LA has rated high.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Which tactic for getting yourself off a team is worse, trashing the GM and teammates like Bryant is now or quitting like Carter? The way he's bashing Bynum is wrong, IMO. If I was an NBA player, I wouldn't want a teammate that I knew would be willing to talk about me like that. It's not Bynum's fault that he's an inexperienced player that LA has rated high.
    did you hear the "bashing"?

whats the big deal with the video.
    I don't even need a video to believe Kobe said that, just give me a story and I'll believe it

Not surprising anyways, so he disses Bynum, so what?
    Who the hell is Bynum? Who gives a damn about him?

Dunking on everybody in the park netdoc's Avatar

I just wonder what would have happened to Bryant if Shaq started pissing and moaning after a 19 year old Bryant was airballing jumpshots in the Utah series?

"hell yeah - get his azz out of here"....

Give me an f'n break - the kid is ONLY 19 years old and has a TON of potential. Does he have it now? No, but will he in a couple of years (hell even next season)? Who knows? Did you see how much he bulked up and improved his game in just one season?

It's easy to cast stones at other players, but the main person he needs to look at is himself. He made mistakes when he was 19, but he had people to mentor him. What kind of mentoring is he showing to Bynum now? He's throwing the kid under the f'n bus for God sakes! If I were Bynum, I'd look at Kobe square in the eyes and tell him to kiss my azz!!!

High School Starter

No way they're making too much off of this. I say maybe about 50 purchases then it'll be on youtube or one of the others for free.