Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Michael Jordan shooting free throws with his eyes closed.

I suspect you may have seen it before and assumed it was "the" time he did it. No. He did it many times just ****ing with people. He would tell you before he did it.

He did it to Mutombo, Ewing, and Iverson...which just now makes me think he had a problem with Georgetown.

He also did it to **** with bad Ft shooters. I know I remember him joking about it to Shaq but I cant remember if he did it that time or not.

He just liked to get on peoples nerves with his greatness. Now dont take that to mean that ____ couldnt make a blind free throw. Im sure others did at times.

Gerald Wallace tried to get Kobe to do it but he demanded Gerald put some money up:

[QUOTE]Bryant hinted at a possible wager between the two in postgame comments, which Wallace confirmed. However, the Nets

Default Re: Michael Jordan shooting free throws with his eyes closed.

Reason #1,204,589 that MJ is the GOAT.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Rodman tried it truly blind.

Michael lined up the shot in his mind and just as he was about to start to go through the motion, he'd close his eyes. Rodman shot it completely blind before even looking at the rim. It's a different thing entirely.

Michael wouldn't have made the shots had he done it the same way Rodman did. Michael's was set up for confidence and muscle memory. Rodman was just farting into the wind...

MJ would be practicing free throws right about now.

It is claimed these are regular season, not preseason.

The free throw line is 15 feet from the basket.
    Last edited by 72-10; 01-12-2019 at 04:09 AM.

If there were not film, I am not sure I would believe this.

They are dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25

Michael lined up the shot in his mind and just as he was about to start to go through the motion, he'd close his eyes. Rodman shot it completely blind before even looking at the rim. It's a different thing entirely.

Michael wouldn't have made the shots had he done it the same way Rodman did. Michael's was set up for confidence and muscle memory. Rodman was just farting into the wind...
    well, Rodman was a poor FT shooter to begin with, half of his FTs looked like that with his eyes open

eye-opening

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25

Im sure it is muscle memory to some extent but people still dont generally have the confidence to do it.

Has me wondering if he ever missed one. I feel like the story would have been told somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    And for your amusement...Dennis Rodman trying it out:

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by r0drig0lac
    And he opens his eyes as he's shooting it..

pretty dope, one of the cooler Mj things. That's why he's among the most legendary trash talkers too.

I really want to know the trash talk Michael got from McHale and Bird. He wouldnt try it with Bird...But I'm imagining him doing the closed eye free throw thing to him, but missing with Bird following it up by blowing him a kiss

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    I really want to know the trash talk Michael got from McHale and Bird. He wouldnt try it with Bird...But I'm imagining him doing the closed eye free throw thing to him, but missing with Bird following it up by blowing him a kiss

I dont know that hed do it to someone like that. He picked on people he didnt see as his peers really. I dont think hed **** with Bird that way. He would be too into the game to play around I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I dont know that hed do it to someone like that. He picked on people he didnt see as his peers really. I dont think hed **** with Bird that way. He would be too into the game to play around I suspect.
    Yeah like I eluded to I think Jordan realized challenging Bird shooting anywhere isn't going to amount to much lol. He would pick his battles and talk shit accordingly.

https://youtu.be/zUmz44FurLc

I can see them saying something along the lines of "No matter how hard you try your team is going to make all that hard work of yours done for nothing". That would probably make my heart sink a little if I was Mike

Otherwise I dont know what they would specifically say to him about his game

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    Yeah like I eluded to I think Jordan realized challenging Bird shooting anywhere isn't going to amount to much lol. He would pick his battles and talk shit accordingly.

https://youtu.be/zUmz44FurLc

I can see them saying something along the lines of "No matter how hard you try your team is going to make all that hard work of yours done for nothing". That would probably make my heart sink a little if I was Mike

Otherwise I dont know what they would specifically say to him about his game
    There was and still is a healthy amount of respect between the two of them. MJ wasn't afraid to talk trash, though. He did it during the Olympics to everyone. Bird stayed out of it and eventually told Magic, "Magic, he's right. It's his time now."