Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Weird coincidences in NBA history that you know of

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    Kobe can only win rings when he had HOF stacked frontcourts and the GOAT coach.

0 asg's 13ppg career odom who basically retired immediately after leaving kobe at only age 31?

bynum who averaged 6ppg in the playoffs and sat the entire 4th quarter every game and got shat out of the league by his 25th birthday?

gasol whos boarderline top 70-80 all time and arguably the 5th worst championship wingman in nba history .. 0-16 in the playoffs as lead dog and had 1 allstar appearance in 7 years prior to joining kobe?

stacked?

STACKED?????

Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    i always found it weird how the nba runs the same you get me, i get you back finals storyline

2006 miami beats dallas
    2011 dallas beats miami

2008 celtics beat lakers
    2010 lakers beat celtics

2012 lebron beats durant
    2017/18 durant beats lebron

2013 miami beats sanantonio
    2014 sanantonio beats miami

2015 warriors beat cavs
    2016 cavs beat warriors

don't be surprised if a finals loser comes back to beat a previous winner again this year

2017 durant beats kyrie
    2019 kyrie beats durant

???

there always has to be a storyline and this is probably the only one possible for the finals

Not only this, but:

2006 - Erick Dampier played for the Mavs - lost to the Heat.

2011 - Erick Dampier played for the Heat - lost to the Mavs.
    He was on the wrong side both times.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ainosterhaspie
    Every champion from 1984 to 2017 had at least one player on its roster that year who had played with Shaq at some point in their career.

Greg Kite for the Celtics in 84 and 86. Bryon Scott for the 85, 87, and 88 Lakers. THe Pistons...John Salley and Dennis Rodman. 91-93 Bulls Horace Grant...94 and 95 Rockets...Horry. 96-98..Rodman. 99 would be....shit. Cant think of who on the Spurs.

2000-02 Lakers. 03 would be Steve Kerr...who now that I think about it would be the 99 answer as well.

04 Pistons...Lindsey Hunter. 05 Spurs...Horry. He was on the 06 Heat. Spurs in 07....with Horry retired....dont know. Thats gonna annoy me...

08 Celtics had all the guys who were still there when Shaq came to retire in Boston.

09 and 10...Kobe. 11...no clue. 12-13 Lebron and Wade. 14....cant think of anyone.

15 Barbosa was probably on the Suns with Shaq. 16 Lebron. 17....Sideshow bob was on the Cavs when Shaq was there I guess.

The Mavs and Spurs who played with Shaq are gonna bug me all day. Im too proud to go check.

Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Kobe and Lebron both had their first big injuries against the same team.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Weird coincidence... Kyrie goes down with injury... Celtics win multiple games by 10, 15+ points, go undefeated... ball movement and team as well as individual defense are at season highs. Kyrie comes back... within 2 games, teammates are fighting on the bench, ball movement has stopped and nobody cares about defense. How weird.

Good college starter

LeBron James and Steph Curry were both born in Akron Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    0 asg's 13ppg career odom who basically retired immediately after leaving kobe at only age 31?

bynum who averaged 6ppg in the playoffs and sat the entire 4th quarter every game and got shat out of the league by his 25th birthday?

gasol whos boarderline top 70-80 all time and arguably the 5th worst championship wingman in nba history .. 0-16 in the playoffs as lead dog and had 1 allstar appearance in 7 years prior to joining kobe?

stacked?

STACKED?????
    Are you shocked they're avoiding this like the plague? Because I'm not.

"Bird History

Origins Available: English-Alt , English

The ancient Anglo-Saxon culture once found in Britain is the soil from which the many generations of the Bird family have grown. The name Bird was given to a member of the family who was a person who worked as a bird catcher or someone who had birdlike characteristics."

"Last name: Bird
    SDB Popularity ranking: 189

Recorded as Bird, Byrd, Byrde and Bride, this famous surname is English. It derives from the pre 7th century word "bridde" meaning a bird, and as a surname was originally given as a nickname to one thought to bear a fancied resemblance to a bird. This may have been from bright dress, or bright eyed and active, or perhaps to some one with a beautiful singing voice. "

I'll give you one - last game of the 1982-83 regular season, Spurs vs. Mavs, teammates Artis Gilmore shot 8-8 from the floor and Gene Banks shot 9-9 from the floor. What's more, Gilmore had 11 turnovers. Not sure when else this has happened. Kind of the opposite of that recent Minnesota game.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

In the 2015-2016 season, the Mavs had 3 players on their roster that had the exact same birthday: June 26, 1984. They were Deron Williams, JJ Barea and Raymond Felton.

The NBA had 16 different players with the surname Johnson on their rosters over the course of the 1981-82 season, a league record and probably a record for any professional sports league in the world. The league even made a music video for it, which has apparently disappeared from the net.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

In 2016 Durant played a 73-win team and was up 3-1 and lost
    In 2016 LeBron played a 73-win team and was down 3-1 and won
    Durant then joined the 73-win team after being up 3-1 against them.

Local High School Star Ainosterhaspie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
    In the 2015-2016 season, the Mavs had 3 players on their roster that had the exact same birthday: June 26, 1984. They were Deron Williams, JJ Barea and Raymond Felton.
    THIS is the sort of thing that gives this thread some nice potential if people can keep their annoying agendas out of it.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

No coincidence that the price for the commodity salt drops DRASTICALLY after Curry has a banger.

Learning to shoot layups

Chris Bosh drafted to the Raptors. Dude actually looked like a Dinosaur.