Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Default Imagine with me, for one moment, the Cavs losing Zion for Patrick McCaw

Because that's exactly what could happen, given the Cavs' current actions. Now granted, there's far from any sort of guarantee that the Cavs will get the 1st overall pick, they likely won't... but it is possible.

If the league is able to prove that the Cavs circumvented the rules of the CBA surrounding restricted free agents, WHICH THEY UNDOUBTEDLY DID BY THE WAY, then here is what could happen...

(a) Upon a finding of a violation of Section 1 above by the System Arbitrator, but only following the conclusion of any appeal to the Appeals Panel, the Commissioner shall be authorized to:

(i) impose a fine of up to $3,000,000 (50% of which shall be payable to the NBA, and 50% of which shall be payable to the NBPA-Selected Charitable Organization (as defined in Article VI, Section 6(a))) on any Team found to have committed such violation for the first time;

(iii) direct the forfeiture of one First Round Draft Pick

Notice that last line? Hahaha...

Pat McCaw... for Zion Williamson... haha... hahaha.... hahahaha.... Cavs fans better pray that the league isn't able to prove it.

The Cavs 100% without a doubt purposefully circumvented the CBA rules. This will come down to if it can be proven or not. If David Stern was still around it wouldn't matter if it could be proven, he'd probably just do it.

But yeah... the Cavaliers could potentially miss out on Zion Willamson... because they cheated to get Pat McCaw and to be able to stick it to Golden State... hahahaha...

Default Re: Imagine with me, for one moment, the Cavs losing Zion for Patrick McCaw

It won't go that far. Cavs will be fined, there will be public shaming, an apology and back in business the day after.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Imagine with me, for one moment, the Cavs losing Zion for Patrick McCaw

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    It won't go that far. Cavs will be fined, there will be public shaming, an apology and back in business the day after.
    Different commissioner but the last time a team was busted for violating signing rules Minnie lost 5 firsts.

Very good NBA starter

Cleveland is a mess. I don't see them getting number 1 pick again.

One thing about Zion is he will sell tickets and put butts in the seats, we haven't seen this type of excitement since prob Derrick Rose.

I hope it happens

NBA rookie of the year

Please be true

Jordan Stopper

Cavs are a retarded franchise

They literally traded LeBron to the Heat for a 2nd round pick back in 2010 (Look it up its true)

Cavs have been screwed so often lately, but they had as dramatic as it gets championship in 2016. So they can afford to suffer a bit.

Get it done Mitch.

The NBA has completed its investigation into the Patrick McCaw signing with Cleveland and ruled that based on evidence, no rules were broken.
    He's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Different commissioner but the last time a team was busted for violating signing rules Minnie lost 5 firsts.
    Which u have to admit was such a harsh punishment. Well u don't have to lol. But jeez it stuffed them for years