Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Who's career will be regarded as better: Tim Duncan or Kobe Bryant

on here: tim duncan
    in real life: kobe

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Duncan > Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    Duncan > Kobe

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

what a silly question.
    Obviously Duncan over Kobe

Kobe has a long way to go to catch up. But they will both go down as all-time greats.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Bryant may have Tim Duncan on the individual accolades, but true greatness is almost always measured in wins and championships.
    What individual accolades does Kobe have over Duncan? (Hint: "81 point game" and "averaged 40+ ppg for a month" aren't accolades)

EDIT: Two scoring titles. And I don't think that's enough to outweigh Duncan's edge in all-NBA and defensive team selections, DPOY/MVP voting finishes, MVP's, Finals MVP's etc.
    Last edited by Loki; 06-09-2007 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    What individual accolades does Kobe have over Duncan? (Hint: "81 point game" and "averaged 40+ ppg for a month" aren't accolades)
    I'm referring to the excitement factor. People tuning in to watch Bryant, the individual, peform, put up big numbers, dazzle... and the responses those actions generate. (hint: I'm not referring to MVP awards, scoring titles, all star selections, and the like)

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    Kobe had a bad start. Obviously Duncan.
    Even without the "bad start," I'd say Duncan still takes it, wouldn't you?

much, much more casual fans and people that don't actually watch basketball will remember kobe. even if duncan retires with 6-7 titles more average joes will know about kobe than him.

and that's sad.

Even without the "bad start," I'd say Duncan still takes it, wouldn't you?
    Same. More individual awards plus his his two MVP's showcases how he can tune up to what Kobe can do invidually. He can score, thats about it.

Saw a basketball once

Why are people allowed to prematurely post nonsense on this board and still go unchallenged?

As far as I know, the Finals hasn't even hit Game 2 yet. How disrespectful a lot of you are.

But then again, if Cleveland somehow win this series, you'll be the same people crying conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch_City
    Whatchu Talkin'? He had David Robinson for 2 of their titles. Duncan had better role players also with Elliot and alll them. Kobe and Shaq. Thats it. Nadda. But, as for career, Duncan gets the edge. And, Kobe, in terms of producing points.
    Are you serious? LA had very good vets like Hunter, Horry, Fox, Rice, and Fisher that stepped up in crucial situations for their 3 consecutive titles.

Banned

I'm referring to the excitement factor. People tuning in to watch Bryant, the individual, peform, put up big numbers, dazzle... and the responses those actions generate. (hint: I'm not referring to MVP awards, scoring titles, all star selections, and the like)
    Well that's fine, but those aren't "accolades." It's excitement, pizazz, what have you.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty
    on here: tim duncan
    in real life: kobe
    In real life: Tim is the best player to ever play his position.

Kobe is not.

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

i still feel Tim Duncan will be reguarded as the better player because even today when we look back we still regard Bill Russell who was never flashy as one of the GOATS because of his accolades. hardly anyone remembers the flashy guards who helped win championships, they remember the big men with the MVPS and final MVPS.

what will bring kobe down is shaqs greatness. people will hold shaq to such high status because he has taken 3 teams to the finals that it will deminish kobes status UNLESS kobe can carry a team to a championship or two. people will say, well shaq was a top 5 center and he was the finals MVP all three times so he was the MAIN reason why they won, not kobe. actually i think all kobe needs is just ONE championship as "the man" and people will say he was the second best SG behind MJ and hardly anyone will question it besides kobe *****s.

when you look at the regular season MVPS, the finals MVPs, the all nba all defensive like everyone says, you have to think that this guy, tim duncan, must have been on hell of a player to accomplish so much.
    Last edited by SsKSpurs21; 06-09-2007 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    In real life: Tim is the best player to ever play his position.

Kobe is not.
    Wrong. Remember Kobe dropped 81? Jordan only dropped 69. Therefore, Kobe = better. [/quote=kobe lovers]