Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground and1's Avatar

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 18

wtf are 185lbs in kg.... im too lazy to figure out =(

i used to bench 85kg max, thats more than 185lbs right?

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 18

about 2% of people can lift 185 lbs if they never lifted weights before. lol at people claiming that "95% of normal guys can do it".

Quote Originally Posted by and1
    wtf are 185lbs in kg.... im too lazy to figure out =(

i used to bench 85kg max, thats more than 185lbs right?
    85 is about the same as 185 lbs.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    you have time to bang women in between your fifty thousand posts?

a man of your internet dedication is the LAST person who should ever comment about his personal life being one that is envied.

Gobb:

I love it when a self admitted weakling("185 is Haaaaaaard to bench, jeez.") takes his smack talk to the "you bang fat chicks, I bang hot women" level. LOL, your greatest celebrity is the amount of posts you havehere, is that what scores hot chicks for a playa like you?

"Watch me post baybee, see the skills, perfect placement of the emoticon, deft timing on the picture upload. I am THE living legend on ISH woman! you heard of that girl? I own basketball fanatical fifteen year olds all over the globe, international playa baybee! damn beyotch! I rock, bring your fine ass over here and gimme some head. Watch the keyboard beyotch! Damn woman cant you see Imma bout to Pwn some punk kid. Recognize"

then again Gobbles, maybe pointing out someone's lack of strength really hits home with you so you instinctively lash out, as flashbacks to your high school days (Lord knows you didn't go to college) getting picked on by the jocks comes racing back into your head. The kind of memories that turned you into this meanspirited cantankerous internet bully in the first place.
    Guy is falling apart,meltdown !

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

What annoys me most is that when Durant is not the world beater as a rookie that many predicted a week ago people will ignore the concerns scouts have over his footwork and balance. Instead they will use it to validate their feelings over his bench press.

High School Varsity 6th Man apriorist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharas
    about 2% of people can lift 185 lbs if they never lifted weights before. lol at people claiming that "95% of normal guys can do it".
    Yeah, no kidding. Anyone who says that has obviously never lifted weights before. Bigger people will be able to naturally lift more, but Durant is skinny as hell and tall as hell, so it'll be extra hard for him to lift 185. Dude can probably barely lift 150, even.
    Last edited by apriorist; 06-08-2007 at 08:49 AM.

High School Varsity 6th Man apriorist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey6
    I don't think he should enter the draft. He was s frosh this year, so think about this possibilty: I was his first year really getting in the weight room. His high school team doesn't really have an emphasis on lifting weights. The more he goes about doing it in college, the more he'll rapidly gain strength in that area. I don't think he should enter the draft. He should stay in college and develop more.
    Dude is going to be the 2nd pick! KG was skinny as hell when he entered the league. Durant would be stupid to stay at school. He can do weight training while he's in the pros. This ain't football.

I rule the local playground

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 185

Wow, dudes are acting like 185 is some major stuff, here...

If I was a flapper, I'd talk about how I can curl 65 pounds or bench sets of 300, not how I can do 2-3 sets of 185. I mean, come on
    Put it in perspective. If you could put up 185 for 2-3 sets of 10 without a problem, that means you could probably max out somewhere around 240-250, for a 180lb 16-17 year old beginner, that's ridiculous.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
    Guy is falling apart,meltdown !
    whatever wig wog

Wow, dudes are acting like 185 is some major stuff, here...

If I was a flapper, I'd talk about how I can curl 65 pounds or bench sets of 300, not how I can do 2-3 sets of 185. I mean, come on
    Too bad you didn't tell anyone but your best friend.

3 sets at 185 would make you a top flight NCAA football prospect or the strongest player in the NBA draft.

Local High School Star WoGiTaLiA1's Avatar

Damn... Gobb got shut down in this thread. Killed.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Too bad you didn't tell anyone but your best friend.

3 sets at 185 would make you a top flight NCAA football prospect or the strongest player in the NBA draft.

no it wouldn't.

NFL prospects push 225. 25 plus times. Some guys as much as forty. I thinkBrady Quinn got near thrity this year (and that is at 225 and he's a QB).

Look people, it doesn't mean Durant is less of a player it is just a little shocking. Most college basketball teams do this type of testing in the preseason with their team and I have rarely (if not ever) heard of someone not getting one rep.

Then to hear the most complete player in the draft (I still think he is a better player skill wise and savvy wise than Oden, but Oden will be a better prospect) cant do this relatively simple task is a bit surprising.

The strength it takes to hoist a hundred jumpers in practice should be enough to push 185 ONCE.

I meant high school to NCAA prospect. If I was talking NCAA to NFL I would have said NFL prospect.

Also, you continue to ignore the fact that Mountrose Christian doesn't do much if any weight training and Texas' head coach has said publically they did not have Durant on a real weight training regimine.

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 185

JintotheIzzo thinks he is Superman

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    I meant high school to NCAA prospect. If I was talking NCAA to NFL I would have said NFL prospect.

Also, you continue to ignore the fact that Mountrose Christian doesn't do much if any weight training and Texas' head coach has said publically they did not have Durant on a real weight training regimine.
    yeah yeah, I get that. But he's a big kid (6'10" 215) and a natural athlete, it just seems weird that the best player would be far and away the weakest.

I also think however that Rick Barnes is covering Durant a little bit by saying they never lift. It is really hard to imagine a major division one program not having their players on some kind of weight lifting routine.