Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 18

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    I remember a couple of years ago there was a big to-do over the bench press results for draftees, since many of them, especially the taller players, weren't able to do more than a few reps at 180 or 200 pounds (I forget what it was). They say arm length is a big factor.
    It is a big factor. Let the kid slide down as far as you want. He will be a baller and folks will make fun of the teams that past him up.

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 185

LOKI story can be found here...

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 18

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay
    Shouldn't this kind of make Durant even more impressive?
    Dude dominated college basketball like a very few players EVER and yet he is this "weak". Think about it.
    I've been saying that since this all dropped. It's hilarious that people are overlooking this very fact. Are you telling me that this weakling dominated all of these superior athletes this well, and it's of little consequence?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    I've been saying that since this all dropped. It's hilarious that people are overlooking this very fact. Are you telling me that this weakling dominated all of these superior athletes this well, and it's of little consequence?
    Yeah but even GeeWiz can push 185 off his chest first try and he doesnt even lift weights. 185 is the standard weight to lift.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    The mofo said 2-3 sets of 10 with 185.

But ehhhh maybe he is telling the truth. His truth is abnormal. Definately not a mesuring stick with the avg mofo at that age or Durants for that matter to throw 185 off thier chest not ever lifting a single weight (assuming Durant hasnt, wouldnbt be shocked if he didnt touch weights much).

Only person I know who can do that is...

Gobb, you're a h ater... How are you going to leave underdog out?

Especially with a movie coming out soon.

Last edited by MaxFly; 06-07-2007 at 06:15 PM.

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 185

-"F*ck them dogs!"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ppierce34

And Loki, is either lying or a freak. That's not normal for any beginner, nevermind a 16-17 year old weighing 180.
    Maybe I was 185 or 190 at the time, but that's about it. My HS weight fluctuated between 180-190. And I'm not lying. I think if I wanted to lie I could find better tall tales to tell than that I benched a whopping 185 pounds.

Like I said, I've been told that I'm very strong naturally, and I have a very broad frame (shoulders/chest). Don't know what to tell you, really, but I did what I did. People have always asked me if I lift and I never had prior to a short stint this past year.
    Last edited by Loki; 06-07-2007 at 08:09 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
    LOKI sounds rationale most of the time but he spits out some major bs every now and then to question him.

Wow, dudes are acting like 185 is some major stuff, here...

If I was a flapper, I'd talk about how I can curl 65 pounds or bench sets of 300, not how I can do 2-3 sets of 185. I mean, come on.

Banned

I have to place 70-80 lbs boxes on stack above my head for 8 1/2 hours 4-5 days per week. **** kills you (i don't do it 8 1/2 straight).

Quote Originally Posted by Loki

Wow, dudes are acting like 185 is some major stuff, here...

If I was a flapper, I'd talk about how I can curl 65 pounds or bench sets of 300, not how I can do 2-3 sets of 185. I mean, come on.
    2-3 sets of 185 10 times at age 16-17 without EVER lifting. Thats the equivalent of your examples you gave if you were a flapper. You're saying a whopping 185. But 185 isnt even the standard bench weight yet you were able to lift it 10 times 2-3 sets without ever lifting? F*ck technique, f*ck not lifting anything that heavy in life before. But yeah you did it and now the 185 isnt THAT big of a deal so everyone should be able to achieve it at age 16-17 let alone any age especially when you dont lift weights in general. Atleast ACKNOWLEDGE your story isnt something that is done a lot. I'm sure everyone you told that too, and/or who saw/heard about it didnt respond with "Cool". Gurantee it was like wow, how the f*ck did you do that. I mean look at the reples so far in here...not one poster believed you initially...and some dont. And if i post your comment on a bodybuilding.com msgboard I bet the replies would be the same. If i post it at any random board it would be the same. In fact i mentioned your post to a couple friends via IM. Jst a general do you believe this? Nothing where my answer persuaded them to side with me...a non bias approach and they all said hell no. And that maybe you got the weight mixed up. You read it wrong and thought you lifted that much.

I dont have an account on a bodybuilding.com board or I'd make a topic there and see what was said. And how common, easy it is for avg joe's to press 185 off thier chest without having any experience with weight lifting whatsoever. Dont act like your feat is not out of the ordinary not unbelievable. It is.

Quote Originally Posted by hippos
    I have to place 70-80 lbs boxes on stack above my head for 8 1/2 hours 4-5 days per week. **** kills you (i don't do it 8 1/2 straight).
    Flunky.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    But yeah you did it and now the 185 isnt THAT big of a deal so everyone should be able to achieve it at age 16-17 let alone any age especially when you dont lift weights in general. Atleast ACKNOWLEDGE your story isnt something that is done a lot.
    I never said that everyone could do it. I just assumed an elite athlete in great shape could since I did. I honestly had and have no point of reference for what would be considered "impressive" in weight lifting, since I've never been into it at all.

I'm sure everyone you told that too, and/or who saw/heard about it didnt respond with "Cool". Gurantee it was like wow, how the f*ck did you do that.
    I actually never told anyone, because I didn't think it was a big deal. My best friend is the only person who knows, since we went to the gym together in the mornings before school for about a month.

You read it wrong and thought you lifted that much.
    Possible, but not probable, because in the intervening years every time I'd hear someone mention how much they lift I'd always compare it to that number in my mind. But I guess it's possible that my friend and I counted the weighs up wrong.

And how common, easy it is for avg joe's to press 185 off thier chest without having any experience with weight lifting whatsoever. Dont act like your feat is not out of the ordinary not unbelievable. It is.
    I never assumed that an "average joe" could do it. I just felt that a guy who is clearly in great shape and is active should be able to, that's all. Guess I was wrong.

I got an account at BB.com. I'll make a topic if Loki's cool with it.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

1 year has passed since you joined and youre still an idiot

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AirGauge23
    I got an account at BB.com. I'll make a topic if Loki's cool with it.
    If I'm cool with it? What the heck could I possibly care? I shared something that, to the best of my knowledge, is true. No skin off my back. Even if people scoff, it doesn't change what happened. I mean, I never even thought it was that big of a deal until now -- hell, you guys are making me wonder if we counted the weight correctly.