Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 18

Quote Originally Posted by tweedy bird loc
    Youre retarded. Go to the gym, put a 45 and a 25 plate on each side, and I guarentee you cant do it. Most regular guys who dont life couldnt get uo 135 lbs.
    Exactly Jintotheizzo Just got pwned their.. hahahahahahaahhahaha
    Last edited by Lebron23; 06-09-2007 at 09:59 PM.

National High School Star

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 18

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB

-"JtotheIzzo, JtotheIzzo!"

I still haven't gotten over the fact that Jtoizzo thinks everyone and there mothers can bench 185 from point blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
    I still haven't gotten over the fact that Jtoizzo thinks everyone and there mothers can bench 185 from point blank.
    I know. The kid is retarded. He can bench 185 (and it wasnt from the first try on a bench ever) and is excited I guess. This is the only time he can say he is better than Kevin Durant.

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 185

Quote Originally Posted by telephone
    Izzo did you really say durant was a world class athlete?
    And when I challenged your boy? He has YET to return the answer to how Durant is a world class athlete. In fact thats when he snapped. Went ape shyts because he can bench press fat bytches and I cant. Poor me, I cant get Rosie Odonnel off my chest but JtotheIzzo can.

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 185

Someone here has a username on bodybuilding.com. Ask them to create a topic and say what is the standard weight a person can bench without ever having lifted a weight before in thier life. Then proceed to ask would 185 be too much for someone who never lifted before. I would like for that poster to do that for me. Then post the replies back here so your dumbass can resemble a gigantic ass on a fat bytch.
    I'll do it right now.

Very good NBA starter

durant won't be skinny forever. why are people talking like he's going to have that same skinny ass body forever? anyone remember t-mac's rookie year pics? dude was a friggin' toothpick who looked like he ate two pieces of crackers for dinner a night. same with shawn kemp when he first got into the league (he was 6'10" 215lbs during the dunk contest against dee brown). but their bodies evolved after getting into some intensive weight training programs. by kemp's 3rd season, he was already posting up and dunking on friggin' karl malone. jut too bad kemp kept on eating and eating later in his career.... anyway, anybody who's done it should know that weight and strength gains are the easiest things to improve on if you've never done it before. you just put your time and effort in the weight room and you will see results. that part is pretty much guaranteed... unless you have some extremely lousy and sh.tty genes. but real stuff like skill and basketball iq? some can work on that forever and still never reach a dominant level. right now, durant obviously has the skill part down, which he could still improve on, but that strength part? it's not a worry. why are people tripping on a 19year old frame? he should and will gain weight after some time in the weight room.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    durant won't be skinny forever. why are people talking like he's going to have that same skinny ass body forever? anyone remember t-mac's rookie year pics? dude was a friggin' toothpick who looked like he ate two pieces of crackers for dinner a night. same with shawn kemp when he first got into the league (he was 6'10" 215lbs during the dunk contest against dee brown). but their bodies evolved after getting into some intensive weight training programs. by kemp's 3rd season, he was already posting up and dunking on friggin' karl malone. jut too bad kemp kept on eating and eating later in his career.... anyway, anybody who's done it should know that weight and strength gains are the easiest things to improve on if you've never done it before. you just put your time and effort in the weight room and you will see results. that part is pretty much guaranteed... unless you have some extremely lousy and sh.tty genes. but real stuff like skill and basketball iq? some can work on that forever and still never reach a dominant level. right now, durant obviously has the skill part down, which he could still improve on, but that strength part? it's not a worry. why are people tripping on a 19year old frame? he should and will gain weight after some time in the weight room.
    there have been two responses to this.

1. posters like myself who use this as one way to back up our claims that he won't have as good a rookie season as some think. Not really talking **** about the kid, but understand that he is overrated.

2. those who thought he was god are now tripping out. These are the ones that are really freaking out about this.

Dunking on everybody in the park

And when I challenged your boy? He has YET to return the answer to how Durant is a world class athlete. In fact thats when he snapped. Went ape shyts because he can bench press fat bytches and I cant. Poor me, I cant get Rosie Odonnel off my chest but JtotheIzzo can.
    Man if that is how much rosie weighs then she needs to lose some weight. :

An Icon Forever

GOBB OWNED Jtotheizzo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    The strength it takes to hoist a hundred jumpers in practice should be enough to push 185 ONCE.
    So wait thats all someone has to do? Why lift weights...just buy a spalding basketball, go to a gym, playground and for 2hrs shoot over a hundred jumpers. Heck you can do this 7 days a week unlike bench pressing where you need rest. In 2 weeks you can bench press 185 because you shot a hundred jumpers. Brilliant. Who needs weights? Ballys is going out of business. Everyone invest in basketballs and a court. Just shoot jumpers all day, every day and you'll be able to bench press any weight you want!

Its 1:20am here and that reply sounds like a f*cking info commercial.

National High School Star

So wait thats all someone has to do? Why lift weights...just buy a spalding basketball, go to a gym, playground and for 2hrs shoot over a hundred jumpers. Heck you can do this 7 days a week unlike bench pressing where you need rest. In 2 weeks you can bench press 185 because you shot a hundred jumpers. Brilliant. Who needs weights? Ballys is going out of business. Everyone invest in basketballs and a court. Just shoot jumpers all day, every day and you'll be able to bench press any weight you want!

Its 1:20am here and that reply sounds like a f*cking info commercial.
    Did he really post that? I mosta missed it.

Yup he did...check post #132 in this topic. Here is the full post...

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    no it wouldn't.

NFL prospects push 225. 25 plus times. Some guys as much as forty. I thinkBrady Quinn got near thrity this year (and that is at 225 and he's a QB).

Look people, it doesn't mean Durant is less of a player it is just a little shocking. Most college basketball teams do this type of testing in the preseason with their team and I have rarely (if not ever) heard of someone not getting one rep.

Then to hear the most complete player in the draft (I still think he is a better player skill wise and savvy wise than Oden, but Oden will be a better prospect) cant do this relatively simple task is a bit surprising.

The strength it takes to hoist a hundred jumpers in practice should be enough to push 185 ONCE.

Then he compares Durant who never lifted a weight in HS (as reported by Da KO King) to NFL prospect at the NFL combine???? Are you kidding me?
    Last edited by GOBB; 06-10-2007 at 01:30 AM.

Here are some of the responses I got:

incredibly rare. I'd be surprised if a non-lifter could get 100 up.
    you would probably seriously hurt yourself. not to mention you wouldn't even want to try to max out if you've never lifted before because your tendons are in worse shape than your muscles and you'll most likely hurt them.
    Also factor in the force propriorception and the fact the CNS has never had to relay action potentials and engage as many motor units before in a position you take on the bench press. 185lbs would just plummet straight down to the ribcage and crack it.
    135 is a pretty average weight for most men to put up with no training. though i've seen a lot of new years people come in, put 135 on the rack and get it stuck on their chest.
    ye, even 135 lbs. is a lot. I would say 25lb plates on each side for a beginner...assuming the average person.
    My bet would be around 135

NBA Superstar

so that was the first time Kevin Durant EVER lifted a weight?

Is that what you're saying?

Something tells me that might not be the case.

I love how ten hours later, GOBB is still here in the same thread going at this impressing teenagers all over the net...classic.

Pretty insane to think that the likely #2 pick in the draft (that is what I meant by world class Telephone, since the draft is global and he is #2 out of everyone) NEVER touched a barbell before the Orlando camp...hmm...

A lot of posters above mentioned that after a short amount of time working out 185 is easy, and it is especially for someone as big as Durant (215lbs)..but oh yeah, Durant never worked out before, that was his first time, college coaches dont do any conditioning, especially at Texas, and I should not be surprised that the 2nd pick inthe draft (a 6'11" 215lbs) forward is by far the weakest player.