Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 185

I'm not into skinny white chics but she's right.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 18

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23

JintotheIzzo thinks he is Superman

yeah, and the bottom picture is my girl

funny thing is, you're such a piece of shiiit troll that by posting this hot woman's photo, you actually made a post that other people can enjoy...congrats...35ppd but we knew you'd eventually get there...pour some Tanduay for Letool23...he finally post something worthy of looking at, even if he did back into it.

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 18

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    yeah yeah, I get that. But he's a big kid (6'10" 215) and a natural athlete, it just seems weird that the best player would be far and away the weakest.

I also think however that Rick Barnes is covering Durant a little bit by saying they never lift. It is really hard to imagine a major division one program not having their players on some kind of weight lifting routine.
    Many teams don't make weight training mandatory for certain players.

The strain between classes, on the court practice, travel, and games is enough that some teams don't feel the need to but more stress on their players bodies by adding mandatory weight lifting.

Especially for a kid you know will be a "one and done" player but has also done alot to attempt to revive your program.

Default Re: 2 Days Have Passed and I STILL Can't Get Over the Fact That Durant Can't Bench 185

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    I'm not into skinny white chics but she's right.

She is fine to me

10/10

Love that sexy outfit

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23

JintotheIzzo thinks he is Superman

damn Letool23, now you've gone and edited the only good post you ever made, good thing I saved it above^

Does your bakla boyfriend know you are circulating his picture around a message board...he might get mad, no spooning for you tonight...

NBA Superstar

Many teams don't make weight training mandatory for certain players.

The strain between classes, on the court practice, travel, and games is enough that some teams don't feel the need to but more stress on their players bodies by adding mandatory weight lifting.

Especially for a kid you know will be a "one and done" player but has also done alot to attempt to revive your program.
    true, if he signed late too he might not get into the gym seriously until after the first season, but you gotta think he was working out at least a little between March and now.

damn Letool23, now you've gone and edited the only good post you ever made, good thing I saved it above^

Does your bakla boyfriend know you are circulating his picture around a message board...he might get mad, no spooning for you tonight...
    I do not want to argue with you anymore so i say lets be good friends in this forum.

By the way i think Kevin Durant must atleasts gain 30 more pounds so that NBA Players would not even abused his defense.

By the way he will make Kevin Durant lift those weights if Durant see this chick infront of him.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 06-08-2007 at 11:53 AM.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    85 is about the same as 185 lbs.
    85*2.12 (conversion kg->#)=180.2

I usually hit open layups GothamKnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    When I was 16-17 or so, I went with my friend in the morning's to the local gym. I was around 180 pounds at the time (I'm 6'1") and had never lifted a weight in my life, nor done much manual labor of any sort. I had no problem doing 2-3 sets of 10 reps at 185 pounds.
    this is up there with the quad season imo

I rule the local playground and1's Avatar

oh this is about benching something just once...

i thought you meant something like 30 times in a row, in sets of 10...

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by and1
    oh this is about benching something just once...

i thought you meant something like 30 times in a row, in sets of 10...
    nope, one time only

185 in bar form, a 6'11" 215 lbs (98Kg) man couldn't get it off his chest once.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Sorry but I think that's BS.

Dude was medically cleared to play ball in Nov. and has had full range of motion on his wrist since Jan. yet we should ignore his not doing the bench cause he "looks" like he could do it???

Seems a little unfair to criticize Durant for his bench performance and totally ignore Oden's not taking part.
    Get real. Look at the man. Look at how easily he got position and how much stronger he was than anyone he faced. He's 280 lbs.and it clearly isn't fat. Do you seriously think there is a chance that he isn't one of the strongest players in the draft? There are certain times when you can "look" at a guy and know that he's strong. Do you think that Oden isn't?

And please note the brace around the wrist that he played with last season. Skipping the (unimportant) bench press was just a guy that is almost guaranteed the top pick intelligently not risking further injury.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

nope, one time only

185 in bar form, a 6'11" 215 lbs (98Kg) man couldn't get it off his chest once.
    Yes. He's not a weightlifter. It doesn't matter. Might as well get over it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GothamKnight
    this is up there with the quad season imo
    Whatever you say dude...

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Get real. Look at the man. Look at how easily he got position and how much stronger he was than anyone he faced. He's 280 lbs.and it clearly isn't fat. Do you seriously think there is a chance that he isn't one of the strongest players in the draft? There are certain times when you can "look" at a guy and know that he's strong. Do you think that Oden isn't?
    Oden didn't easily get position on anyone all year. I doubt its due to weakness more to the fact he's a meek person by nature and doesn't establish a wide base.

He also "only" weights 257.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    And please note the brace around the wrist that he played with last season. Skipping the (unimportant) bench press was just a guy that is almost guaranteed the top pick intelligently not risking further injury.
    The brace is irrelevant. The kid was medically clear and has had full range of motion since Jan.

Do I think Oden could have benched 185? Sure. However, am I not willing to join the dogpile bashing Kevin Durant when Greg Oden skipped it entirely.