Page 98 of 110 FirstFirst ... 48889596979899100101108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1650
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2016-17 regular season!

Andy Larsen: Gordon Hayward diagnosed with a left quadriceps contusion, which he picked up in the 4th quarter this afternoon. No word on long-term status

Aaron Falk: Rudy Gobert on today

http://weareutahjazz.com/lockedonjaz...es-in-la-loss/

[QUOTE]Gordon was shut out in the first quarter of the game, which is Gordon

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=43633467&nid...zz-vs-clippers

Speaking of Gobert, he wasn't happy after the game. "One team came out ready, and the other team didn't come out as ready," said Gobert. It's easy to know which team was which.

Update: Gobert really wasn't happy. As he told ESPN: "We've got guys that compete, but some of us don't compete. Some of us just think about scoring. That's what it is."
    At least they have 14 million in cap space! Hopefully they'll get some more guys that want to compete with Rudy in the off-season.

At one point, Hill crouched down during a timeout and clearly was in pain as the trainers looked on. I'm not sure if it was a hip or a groin injury, but it clearly impacted his play for the rest of the game.
    appeared to be grabbing his privates. I imagine he got hit or kicked there. Time for a cup since you won't wear a mouth piece?

The big question mark with Hood has always been whether or not is secondary skills can be good enough when his shot isn't going down. Right now, the answer hasn't been yes.
    It's never been yes. Bench him please!

Alec Burks wasn't doing anything offensively, and struggled defensively with Jamal Crawford.
    Not sure anyone could have slowed Crawford. He was in the zone like he often is against the Jazz

The defense is why Raul Neto is playing, by the way. The Jazz allowed just 95 points per 100 possessions with him in the game tonight, compared to 117 points per 100 with Burks in the game and 121 points per 100 for Hill. Snyder is looking for defensive intensity anywhere he can find it, and right now, the only perimeter player regularly showing that is Neto, despite his huge size disadvantage.
    Like Rudy he competes all the time. He has a hard time finishing amongst the trees but his shot is starting to fall and he needs to play. Exum can fight for minutes on the wing where they need help besides Ingles and Hayward

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...-birthday.html

Rudy for defensive player of the year? Wonder how much money he gets? I know he had bonuses in his contract. I'm sure that is part of it but I guess he wouldn't get anything this year on his rookie deal.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/5098582...as-earned-nbas

Where would the Jazz be without Gobert's play and presence? They aren't the best team in the league, but without him, they would be nowhere near where they now are.
    It's hard to say because they certainly would have lost more games and gotten better lottery picks but if he hadn't emerged two years ago they likely would still be tanking which they act like they still are anyway and would have traded Hayward.

http://www.slcdunk.com/research-stat...nson-big-three

Obviously Hill. Too bad he isn't 100%. Ingles is certainly the next guy. Who is next in line is the bigger question. Hood before he got the flu probably. At least they have 14 million in cap space though!

[QUOTE]The three wingmen, Ingles, Hood, and Johnson, are behind them. But not too far behind. It

http://purpleandblues.com/2017/03/26...-fix-rotation/

despite all the injuries that young sharp-shooter Rodney Hood has endured all season, assuming he can get any semblance of consistency back, he should have a place locked down in the starting lineup as well.
    Why? Other than the fact that he went to Duke I don't get the love he gets. Everything points to him coming off the bench healthy or not and has for me since the off-season

the starting lineup should look how Jazz fans had hoped all season; with George Hill, Rodney Hood, Gordon Hayward, Derrick Favors and Rudy Gobert. Playing that group sounds pretty good to me, but the problem lies in the reserves.
    The problem is everyone other than Rudy. Favors should come off the bench too. I guess Diaw starts because of his play with Rudy. Not ideal but it is what it is!

As you can tell, that’s only eight guys. Most teams in the playoffs will roll in with a 10 or 11-man unit that will undoubtedly play and confidently know what role they need to fill.
    Most teams shorten the rotation and the Jazz need to do that because of their lack of depth. But 14 million in cap space!

Dante Exum has once again fallen out of the rotation on the back of one bad game. Yes, that’s right. He had put together a riveting stretch that had Jazz fans believing in the future more than ever, but then had one bad game. As a result, he once again had his confidence shattered and was unfairly dumped from the rotation, because apparently, Dante Exum is the only NBA player ever to have a single bad game.
    To me it's more a lack of effort by him. I've only saw him play with energy for a full game maybe once! Than you have Neto one of the few guys that will lay it all out there with his dad Rudy!

With the poor performances from Alec Burks recently, Exum could eventually take his place in the rotation if Neto continues his solid play.
    I'm all for him getting a shot at the roation if Burks or Hood or whoever isn't getting it done. D-league for him and Lyles would still make the most sense though. Have 5 more days to do it!

All the problems the Jazz have had with the rotation could have all been solved quite easily at the trade deadline. It’s no secret that Utah was far too passive in shoring up holes on the bench. I wonder how this would have gone if the Jazz had been able to get Lou Williams and Taj Gibson at the deadline instead of staying put.
    I doubt they wanted Gibson because he doesn't miss 3's like Lyles and Diaw and they weren't ready to give up Lyles or Exum to do it I imagine like the Thunder did with Payne. Hard to believe there weren't moves available to them though. Lindsey Exec of the Year!

http://purpleandblues.com/2017/03/25...burks-minutes/

Exum should be getting more meaningful minutes at the two-spot is because he has absolutely been more effective this season than Alec Burks has, particularly of late
    Highly debatable. Burks has still been scoring points though he's not getting the calls like he has in the past and his shot have been off. I think a lot of that is because they are trying to change his game to fit them instead of just letting him play. He has pounded the glass as well. Him and Hood deserve the first shot. If they aren't getting it done give Exum a look

[QUOTE]the sheer fact that if Exum

[QUOTE]Aaron Falk: The Jazz had a team meeting following Rudy Gobert

[QUOTE]

Snyder said he doesn’t plan on resting any healthy players over the final eight games of the season. “We’re in a different position than teams that have elected to rest guys,” Snyder said. “We’re not a team that’s won championships or is established within the standings. We’re always conscious of our players’ health and how we manage that. It’s a fluid process similar to how much we may play a guy in a given game. So it’s not out of the realm of possibility (that we’ll rest a player).” – via Deseret News
    I'm they will depending on the standings
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 03-28-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Aaron Falk: Jazz forward Gordon Hayward is listed as questionable for tomorrow