Page 51 of 110 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2016-17 regular season!

http://saltcityhoops.com/salt-city-seven-011217/

[QUOTE]He might be the most important non-starter right now, and there are times when the case could be made that he

http://purpleandblues.com/2017/01/12...rade-deadline/

NEXT: Gordon Hayward Will Be an All-Star
    The article is missing so I can't comment on anything else but If he is an all-star over Rudy it's a joke!

There was a lot of squabbling about the Jazz last season around the trade deadline as several rumors arose that Utah was going to make a run at some big-time point guards to try to make a late playoff push. Instead they ended up with former Atlanta Hawks third string point guard Shelvin Mack. Pretty big time, huh?
    Yeah it was actually. Almost got them in the playoffs. If the move had been made before the season like it should have been they would have likely been in easily. The fact that the front office appeared to be tanking until that point was ridiculous after they finished as one of the best teams the year before!

However, call me crazy, but I think the Jazz are going to pull the trigger and in someway be a participant in or before the trade deadline madness.
    You change your mind a lot!

[QUOTE]And although the Jazz are definitely having a successful season, especially in comparison to recent years, it

http://purpleandblues.com/2017/01/12...eyond-the-arc/

Again if the people that write this stuff actually watched games they would know that Joe played like he has this year at the end of the past two years. He just started earlier this year. Hopefully he can keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    http://purpleandblues.com/2017/01/12...eyond-the-arc/

Again if the people that write this stuff actually watched games they would know that Joe played like he has this year at the end of the past two years. He just started earlier this year. Hopefully he can keep it up
    People here at BYU are always bagging on Joe Ingles, so I always have to refute them and say that he's playing great. Too many people say "all he does is shoot 3's" and forget that 5 assists and 5 rebounds as well as defensive stops and layups are normal for him

I have a hard time seeing the Jazz being players in trades, just isn't their style. Who could they get who's on the market though? Perhaps I need to do more research but I don't see any real trade scenarios. I saw you say they need something big, but what could that be?
    And yeah Rudy should be an all-star over Gordon, but to say Gordon shouldn't be an all star is wrong and disrespectful. But who knows, maybe not will get in.

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWad3
    People here at BYU are always bagging on Joe Ingles, so I always have to refute them and say that he's playing great. Too many people say "all he does is shoot 3's" and forget that 5 assists and 5 rebounds as well as defensive stops and layups are normal for him
    same people probably think Hayward is their best player too.

Ingles is the 4th most important player on the team easily. Does whatever you need.

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWad3
    I have a hard time seeing the Jazz being players in trades, just isn't their style. Who could they get who's on the market though? Perhaps I need to do more research but I don't see any real trade scenarios. I saw you say they need something big, but what could that be?
    And yeah Rudy should be an all-star over Gordon, but to say Gordon shouldn't be an all star is wrong and disrespectful. But who knows, maybe not will get in.
    To me Hayward is their 3rd best player and Hill isn't making it and despite Hayward's stats he doesn't play like a star. What Lowry did to the Jazz twice is what stars do. What Hill did to Philly is what stars do. Hayward doesn't do that. His disappering act against GS was disgraceful as far as I'm concerned

This isn't the Jazz of old. This year is like no other year before as we saw in the off-season with 4 trades and a big free agent signing. I'd say most of the league is on market with so much cap space and flexibilty available to so many teams. 1/3 under the cap! There will be big money being spent through the buy out season in March.

They are under the minimum cap number as are several teams. They have several guys that will be free agents next year that won't be back. They have several holes in the line-up that need filled especially in the front court but also behind Hill. They have to think about the future and who they will surround Rudy with.

Favors? I'm thinking maybe with Gobert's emergence inside he may be expendable and if they are going to trade him they will get more now than in the off-season. Joe Johnson at 11 million next year has to go if someone will take him. Withey has value and won't be back so they might as well get something for him. Not sure why he's on the team. They don't appreciate his Gobert-lite like skills. Burks isn't the best fit. Can they pay Hood and will he be worth what he is going to demand this summer with his limited game? Diaw and Mack won't be back unless Hayward demands his college teammate returns. Open up roster space for what will be a big buy out season.

Jazz have cap space and flexibilty that no one ahead of them in the standing does. I see no reason for them not to be very active.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 01-13-2017 at 06:23 PM.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/

OKC also has cap space and you know they will be active. Got to keep up with the Joneses
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 01-13-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Only one team is paying luxury tax! It will be crazy

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=42862697&nid...e-midway-point

I think it's fair to be worried about the future of the Australian Jazz PG.
    Yeah maybe since he's eligible for an extension this summer and has one more year on his rookie deal!

It does seem like he's laterally slower than he used to be on the ball
    Which is what I questioned when everyone was writing that he'd be great defensively automatically. That's where you would expect him to struggle if anywhere. He still looks really quick to me though

think the biggest difference is mental: he's switching more frequently, getting lost in space and dying on screens more often.
    Which is why I don't get why you don't send him to the D-league. Who knows maybe he plays one game and dominates and gets his confidence back and can help the Jazz down the stretch?

Shelvin Mack regressing a little bit. Mack was better in Utah last year than this year, even if you just compare the times that both were in the starting lineup. Last year, Mack had multiple 10-plus assist games, made more of his threes and turned the ball over less frequently. Mack's developed his mid-range game since then, but the package offers less than last season. Backup PG is a spot where the Jazz would like to improve, though they'd rather that improvement come from within.
    Yeah maybe he played over his head last year? I think his role continuing to change has made it tough for one thing. Neto played well and to me makes more sense because of his D and spot up ability.

Rodney Hood's improved in a few respects (rebounding, turnovers), but his shooting has declined, especially in recent weeks.
    I thought he'd played well before he lost 10 pounds so I'm hoping it's just a matter of getting his strength all back

http://www.slcdunk.com/2017/1/13/142...-john-stockton

[QUOTE]Several Dunkers have speculated on why Mack is playing over Dante (some theories include - Mack

http://www.slcdunk.com/research-stat...uban-utah-jazz

Another thought I had was in terms of Dante Exum. It seems to me that he receives some of the worst calls on the team.
    poor Dante. Doesn't get to play. Refs pick on him. Boo Hoo. Time to put on your big boy pants if you want to be in the NBA

. It may not be a huge coincidence that Rudy Gobert is getting in less and less foul trouble.
    Rudy didn't get in foul trouble until later last year and early this year. I think teams started to play more physical with him. He has adjusted.

http://www.slcdunk.com/utah-jazz-gam...eview-overtone

Gordon Hayward is our Rip Hamilton. His scoring prowess and consistency is starting to become elite, like that of Hamilton. G is averaging more points than Rip did in their championship season.
    I'd compare him more with Prince who had the all-around game. Hope Hayward shows up in the playoffs like Prince always did.

[QUOTE]It

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2017/1...685.1483193016

Wouldn't want those guys. They have some guys that I'd want but doesn't like like any of them make enough money to make it work