Page 107 of 110 FirstFirst ... 75797104105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1650
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2016-17 regular season!

http://purpleandblues.com/2017/04/09...predictions/3/

If Utah loses tomorrow and the Clippers win, then LA will officially clinch the fourth seed while the Jazz will be slotted in fifth.

If such ends up being the case, then a Jazz team that has struggled through countless injuries this season could very well opt to rest most of their key guys in this contest.
    I'd rest Rudy, Ingles, Hayward, Johnson and Diaw. Everyone else that is healthy enough to play need the reps. May want to play Ingles briefly because I don't think he has missed a game

As fun as this season has been despite its ups and downs, the Jazz were never considered to be a realistic championship threat.
    Not when you aren't all in. Spurs and Golden State are the only teams better if the Jazz spend their money and anything can happen at that point.

the goal of this season in the eyes of many was to prove to soon-to-be free agent Gordon Hayward that this team is on the right track
    and if I'm him I'm thinking the Celtics are going to do what it takes to win big. The Jazz aren't. Can't blame him if he leaves. I' sure he'll get booed though just as he was on draft night.

Allen and Zach Randolph are both unrestricted free agents after this season. That means they are guaranteed to play just four more home games. Two regular-season games, and two playoff home games. After that, who knows? “I’ve already talked to the front office, and if it works out for us that we can have him back, I love him,” said Fizdale when asked about Allen’s future with the team. “But I also know that we have to make some decisions based on what’s best for the unit. That’s where we’ll come together and we’ll see what’s on the table and we’ll give our input on what gives us our best chance moving forward.” – via Memphis Commercial Appeal

In other words, maybe the Grizzlies will be able to afford Allen, maybe they won’t. They already have $74 million tied up in Marc Gasol, Mike Conley and Chandler Parsons next season. So you can imagine that they might find a way to bring Allen back on a two-year contract. Or you can imagine they might look at Wayne Selden’s prototypical NBA body and $1.3 million salary and try and persuade themselves — wrongly, I think — that Selden can do what Allen can do for less than half the price. – via Memphis Commercial Appeal
    Randolph could be a nice fit

But Green just does so many things defensively for the Warriors, switching onto and guarding just about anyone in the league who has the ball in his hands at a given moment. He

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/04/1...david-aldridge

[QUOTE]ALL-NBA FIRST TEAM
    Guards: Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder; James Harden, Houston Rockets

Forwards: LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers; Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio Spurs

Center: Rudy Gobert, Utah Jazz

Not only has Gobert done all the above on the defensive end, he

[QUOTE]Connor Letourneau: Warriors announce officially that Kevon Looney (left hip strain) is out tonight vs. the Jazz.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=43821038&nid...t-from-lillard

So after having a nearly full roster except for George Hill, the Jazz will have more players sitting out Monday.

Gordon Hayward is the headliner. He had sat due to a left quadriceps contusion for a game on March 27, though had played through it since. However, he got hit in the same spot on his leg against Portland, bruising the bruise, so to speak.

"The question is, do you want Gordon at 80 percent or 90 percent?," head coach Quin Snyder asked me after practice. Clearly, the Jazz are choosing the latter.
    He wouldn't have shown up anyone.

Rodney Hood is out with his right knee soreness issue, and Derrick Favors is also out with his left knee soreness issue. Again, the calculation for Hood and Favors is similar to the one the Jazz made with Hayward, though Hood and Favors may be more seriously hurting.

Raul Neto turned his ankle pretty badly on Saturday, which was unfortunate because he was easily Utah's best point guard option. He left the Moda Center in Portland in a walking boot. Neto will be out, "hopefully a week or two, hopefully he can be back for the playoffs? We don't know," Snyder said.

Dante Exum is still dealing with the after effects of a hip contusion he picked up in the Jazz's first matchup at home against Portland a couple of weeks ago. "It hurts," Exum said. "Certain movements hurt. A lot of the explosive stuff, sometimes I just get a sharp pain. It's something I can play through. I want to get minutes and continue to play and get ready for the playoffs."

The good news: George Hill is probably going to try to play, barring any bad signs before the game tonight. "We're going to see where he's at, dust him off. That's the plan," Snyder said.
    Hill!

We'll see how the Jazz adjust to what the Clippers do over the course of what could be a long, multi-week series.
    Wouldn't count on it being long. Should win one maybe two because of Rudy

http://purpleandblues.com/2017/04/10...fter-playoffs/

[QUOTE]And ultimately the biggest asset to keep Hayward in Utah isn

Andy Larsen: George Hill will play

Andy Larsen: Kevin Durant on Rudy Gobert:

Andy Larsen: Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward, and Rodney Hood are all PROBABLE for tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Andy Larsen: Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward, and Rodney Hood are all PROBABLE for tomorrow’s game against the San Antonio Spurs. Raul Neto is OUT. – via Twitter andyblarsen
    Yeah I don't know how I feel about this. The odds of us beating SA with or without our/their starters is slim regardless, and LAC isn't going to blow the final game against the Kings (one can hope). I say rest up for the playoffs and get Bolomboy/Lyles/Burke some run so they can actually test out their limits. The 4 seed is out of reach in my opinion, so best take advantage of a game that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWad3
    Yeah I don't know how I feel about this. The odds of us beating SA with or without our/their starters is slim regardless, and LAC isn't going to blow the final game against the Kings (one can hope). I say rest up for the playoffs and get Bolomboy/Lyles/Burke some run so they can actually test out their limits. The 4 seed is out of reach in my opinion, so best take advantage of a game that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things

I'm guessing they are just hoping to have them playing well once the series starts. Bolomboy should've been getting more time all year from the looks of it. Kind of a joke he hasn't considering their problems there

[QUOTE]For example, Gobert mentioned that he will try to persuade Hayward to re-sign with the Jazz when he hits unrestricted free agency this summer. When I asked him what he