Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Why are the presidential debates so archaic?

This has to be the first time prime time has paid attention to politics.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    This has to be the first time prime time has paid attention to politics.
    No I voted the last several elections...I actually voted Bush Jr both times, I'm more conservative than not.

This current election just features the biggest jack ass we've ever seen and the biggest jack ass following. It really singles out the ignorant segment of our country more than any other election.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

I don't even think the 'right' vs 'left' fits into this election as I know many conservatives here in Texas that are voting Hillary and it feels like there are lots of 'libs' that hate Hillary and think she is a war monger.

This election is it's own unique beast...it's an awful election to be honest but there is still only one acceptable answer here.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    I don't even think the 'right' vs 'left' fits into this election as I know many conservatives here in Texas that are voting Hillary and it feels like there are lots of 'libs' that hate Hillary and think she is a war monger.

This election is it's own unique beast...it's an awful election to be honest but there is still only one acceptable answer here.
    That happens every election bro. If you're conservative as you claim, you'd remember the anti-Romney sentiment from conservatives in 2012 and the millions of them that refused to vote for him.

   

romney is also a mormon, and i'm thinking that's one of the least-liked and least-respected christian denominations amongst christians and non-christians, both. it shares parallels with scientology, including being founded by con-men and all-around predatory, f-cked up individuals.

another problem with romney as a candidate is that he only made it to the finals by being the least repugnant GOP choice. sure, you want to say that's typically the case, but various presidents like clinton, reagan, the roosevelt cousins and JFK were beloved superstars by contrast.

also, i don't remember him having much of a national presence or standing out in any particular way as governor of a tiny state. no doubt a lot of republicans considered him unqualified and unworthy to represent them.

BONUS: just watch mitt try to throw down against barack until a third beloved figure comes along to spank both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    romney is also a mormon, and i'm thinking that's one of the least-liked and least-respected christian denominations amongst christians and non-christians, both. it shares parallels with scientology, including being founded by con-men and all-around predatory, f-cked up individuals.

another problem with romney as a candidate is that he only made it to the finals by being the least repugnant GOP choice. sure, you want to say that's typically the case, but various presidents like clinton, reagan, the roosevelt cousins and JFK were beloved superstars by contrast.

also, i don't remember him having much of a national presence or standing out in any particular way as governor of a tiny state. no doubt a lot of republicans considered him unqualified and unworthy to represent them.

BONUS: just watch mitt try to throw down against barack until a third beloved figure comes along to spank both of them.

Someday, Americans are gonna wake up and see politics as their currently unfolding in Britain. In Britain, the Conservatives are the rational grown ups and Labour are just flat out disgusting people.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    Trump's plan to give the rich MORE tax cuts will widen the wealth gap worse than it is today, and it's at record highs today. It will take money away from the middle class.

Hill's plan to close the tax loop holes and make the rich pay their fair share, then use that money as college debt relief, will free the middle class and cause the economic boom we've all been waiting for.

it's night and day to me...
    We have PAYE and forgiveness after 20 years (10 with PSLF). The bigger issue isn't debt relief; it's that most students aren't even aware of the implications of not choosing the best repayment plan when they graduate or drop out. So many students defaulted on their loans because they never chose the best repayment plan for themselves.

Hillary has no plans to make any changes to college debt relief. In a way, it would be kinda cool if she did forgive all student debt, since I know plenty of people who have tons of college debt, but that's not happening. The ones in big trouble are the ones who went to private schools, chose poor majors, and took out loans to cover living expenses without any job. Hillary's plan does nothing for them.

However, she plans to make public universities tuition free. They're already competitive enough to get into, but now they'll be really competitive. This won't help those going to private colleges and won't help people with their living expenses. (And I'm not so sure taking away income from people to fund a young person to study women's studies or some other useless major is a good idea, but I digress)

The answer to improving education is not to throw more money at it. We've done that and ended up with more corruption and waste. Administration increased 700% and the students got nothing out of it.

The moderators literally had to beg the candidates to stop talking.

And if they didn't want to stop talking, there's nothing the mods can do.

How can a presidential debate runs worse than ISH?