http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/stor...ern-conference

Could someone post this article....

Thank you.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: East Players possible Trades

bump

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Which players might be on the move this season in the Eastern Conference?

Our NBA Insiders have seven names to watch in trades, including two All-Stars and one of 2016's top five picks.

Jimmy Butler | G | Bulls

The Bulls' situation feels explosive this season -- and not in a good way. Rajon Rondo, a 34-year-old Dwyane Wade and Jimmy Butler all need the ball in their hands to succeed offensively, and they don't have a history of playing together (unlike the 2011 Miami Heat with the Olympics squads).

How Ben Simmons' injury affects Sixers and the ROY race No. 1 pick Ben Simmons' broken foot might change the outlook for the season in Philadelphia, and Simmons' chances in the rookie of the year race. Chicago execs Gar Forman and Jim Paxson already parted ways with two Chicago mainstays, Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah. Is Butler next?

I think it's a real possibility, especially if the Rio Olympics made Butler hungry for more immediate success. I could see any one of Rondo, Wade or Butler becoming available this season, but moving Butler would net the most return at the deadline, and it would also give the Bulls a fresh start in the Fred Hoiberg era.

Who would be interested? Just about every team with an opening on the wing. Depending on Chicago's willingness to deal within the division, Detroit (always lurking on the trade front) and Milwaukee (don't discount the Marquette factor) make sense as a potential landing spot for Butler. Philadelphia could work as well, with its glut of bigs.

And never count out Boston on the trade front. -- Tom Haberstroh

Greg Monroe | C | Bucks

The Bucks' best lineup last season had Miles Plumlee at center, where his rim protection and finishing complemented the skills of Milwaukee's young stars.

Monroe can still be valuable as a reserve, but with his 2017-18 player option he's not a part of the Bucks' future like the younger John Henson.

If Milwaukee could get anything of value in return for Monroe, I suspect the Bucks would take it, but there isn't a clear market for him right now. -- Kevin Pelton

Jahlil Okafor | C | 76ers

The Sixers explored Okafor trades this summer, but ultimately didn't feel like the offers they were getting were true reflections of Okafor's value.

But the writing is on the wall. The Sixers want to play up-tempo, with Ben Simmons, once he is healthy, as the floor leader and face of the franchise. The team is optimistic that Joel Embiid's injury problems are finally behind him. And Nerlens Noel is not happy playing the 4.

If Okafor plays well early, look for them to use that momentum to get a deal done. -- Chad Ford

Nerlens Noel | C | 76ers

The Sixers don't necessarily need to be in a rush when it comes to thinning down their frontcourt depth chart. But check out the roster: Noel, Okafor, Embiid, Dario Saric and Simmons (when healthy). All are developing, high-ceiling players who need minutes, and not just for their fragile young egos.

Something's got to give, especially given the number of holes on the roster. In the end, it probably comes down to who fits better with Simmons. The guess here is that it'll be Okafor.

Boston has been mentioned in the rumor mill as a fit for Noel, and the Celtics have a need for him. Not only is Boston short on shot-blocking, but it projects as the league's worst defensive rebounding team.

The Rockets are another team that looms as an on-paper fit. -- Bradford Doolittle

Jaylen Brown | F | Celtics

The Celtics are the team that's most often involved in trade rumors, and it's easy to see why: They have a large number of assets, young players on great deals and the rights to two future Nets picks, and Danny Ainge has shown the ability to flip assets for a star, as he did when he made the deal for Kevin Garnett.

So if a superstar demands a trade -- DeMarcus Cousins and Anthony Davis might be strong candidates -- or a team decides to reboot, the Celtics will be there to offer what's probably the most enticing package.

It's hard to imagine that this package would not contain the Celtics' youngest player, the third pick in the 2016 draft, Jaylen Brown. Trade partners probably aren't looking to get merely solid players back, but would rather receive a high-risk, high-reward player in return. Brown, who will turn 20 in October and was one of the most athletic players in the draft, certainly fits that bill. -- Jeremias Engelmann

Kevin Love | F | Cavaliers

As an admirer of Matthew Dellavedova's contributions to the Cavs' success -- the Cavs outscored opponents by 10 points more with him on the court than with Irving in comparable lineups -- I believe chances are good the Cavs will perform significantly below expectations this season.

For one thing, at point guard, the Cavs will have potentially the worst defensive rotation in the league.

If the team does struggle, management might decide it's time for a bold move to close the gap with their rivals, the Warriors.

That could easily renew talk of trading Love. Of the Cavs' star trio, he's often deemed the most expendable, and thus appears most likely to be shipped out for immediate defensive help. -- Jeremias Engelmann

Mario Hezonja | G | Magic

The No. 5 pick of the 2015 draft, Hezonja played 18 minutes a game last season, stuck behind Aaron Gordon at small forward and the duo of Victor Oladipo and Evan Fournier at shooting guard.

Oladipo is gone, but with Serge Ibaka now in Orlando, that cements Gordon's move to small forward. Also, the Magic gave Fournier a big contract and brought in Jeff Green, further blocking Hezonja. It now appears unlikely he can become a starter in Orlando over the next few years.

Given that, he might want out, and one would think the Magic could get a good return for him. -- Jeremias

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I'm shocked that anyone would pay for that click-bait garbage. That's why I'm happy to give it away for free.

Cavs aren't trading love they need to stop it with that.

Kevin love looking good, and due for a breakout season.

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I'm shocked that anyone would pay for that click-bait garbage. That's why I'm happy to give it away for free.
    RBA FTW.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Hezona
    Ibaka
    Vuc

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    thanks...

Bucks - Monroe

Ironically they would except a trade , but Monroe is making a ton of money .
    Hole in defense , but as a role player his options as playing off the bench and putting energy into Defense , make work for the Bucks.

I never liked the signing , cause they gave up ZAZA P. who went to Mav's and is now a WArrior.