Default Re: 2011 D.Rose Would Be The 3rd or 4th Best PG Now

2011 Rose
    Current Kyrie
    Current Paul
    Current Westbrook
    Current Curry

In that order

Why is DRose so disrespected on this site?
    Dude led his team to 62 wins and the only thing that stopped from hetting to the Finals was a prime Lebron. And I honestly think the Bulls could've defeated the Mavs in the Finals.

He would be in argument for the 2nd best PG in the league behind Curry.
    His impact is greater than Westbrooks. And CP3 is getting older.

1) Curry
    2) CP3/Westbrook/Rose
    5) Lillard

Quote Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
    2011 Rose
    Current Kyrie
    Current Paul
    Current Westbrook
    Current Curry

In that order
    This is just a terrible post.

Local High School Star

Here's my thing:

CP3 would've taken the bulls to the same point D.Rose did. He's been in the west, but second round there equals roughly conference finals in the east, and for all the talk about CP3 being out of his prime, I rarely ever see evidence of him legitimately being worse than he was in say, 2012. Maybe worse than '09 CP3, but I'd say it's close between him and 2011 rose.

Curry has been so dominant, no, rose isnt better. not nearly as good a scorer. Westbrook has more sustained dominance than Rose, though i like that rose is a bit more in control.

Quote Originally Posted by CTbasketball92
    Here's my thing:

CP3 would've taken the bulls to the same point D.Rose did. He's been in the west, but second round there equals roughly conference finals in the east, and for all the talk about CP3 being out of his prime, I rarely ever see evidence of him legitimately being worse than he was in say, 2012. Maybe worse than '09 CP3, but I'd say it's close between him and 2011 rose.

Curry has been so dominant, no, rose isnt better. not nearly as good a scorer. Westbrook has more sustained dominance than Rose, though i like that rose is a bit more in control.
    What? Just this year the Cavs faced at worst equal competition to the Warriors through the 1st 2 rounds. The 2 East teams actually had a better record.

It also should be mentioned that CP3 led teams have usually been in the 3-6 seed, so he's obviously going to face harder teams to get there.

And 2011 Rose doesn't let 2015 happen like CP3 did.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Too bad he didn't last long. Was exciting to watch, equally athletic as Westbrook but less reckless.

1. Curry
    2. Westbrook/CP3
    3. CP3/Westbrook
    4. 2011 D.Rose.

Who disagrees, and why?
    I agree with you.

Rose was considered barely top-10 when he won MVP, IIRC. Same with Steve Nash.

Winning MVP doesn't mean you're the best. It's a complex of accomplishments, team and individual, that decide the MVP.

If I had to choose between 2011 Rose and Curry, Westbrook, and Paul of today, I would not choose Rose over any of them - but it'd be close. Especially with Paul, who is slower now and who doesn't seem to be able to bring out the best in Griffin.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    What? Just this year the Cavs faced at worst equal competition to the Warriors through the 1st 2 rounds. The 2 East teams actually had a better record.

It also should be mentioned that CP3 led teams have usually been in the 3-6 seed, so he's obviously going to face harder teams to get there.

And 2011 Rose doesn't let 2015 happen like CP3 did.
    Did you look at CP3's stats from that series?

Literally any clippers team from the last four years would've made it to the eastern conference finals fairly easily. Toronto isn't as good as their series agaost the cavs suggested, i never thought the cavs would lose. Same would be true for the clippers, but CP3 is going to fry any eastern conference defense easily. Hawks are a joke, celtics don't have a true, truuee star.

So glad we got rid of that volume chucker hack.

Wherever he goes, he always seems to have something bad just around the corner...

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by CTbasketball92

A couple of critical points for you.

At the point guard position if a PG has

1)Great Finishers
    2)Great Athletic players
    3)Solid Shooters/Space makers
    4)High level Creators
    5)High Scorers
    6)Offensive Superstar
    7)Championship coach

He's in a great position, a near max for a PG to thrive in.

CP3 had them all about three times. Rose had one of these elements that year with a lot of injuries and a young team. If you are in doubt, the comparison should go to the guy who had the best record in the league when his team wasn't built for a PG but his team thrived anyway.

Rose also dominated the elite teams out West as well that year (the East as well). Not one of the guys mentioned outside of Rose seems capable of carrying a young team despite plenty of more opportunities. Lastly, Thibes suffered greatly with offensive schemes: That team could not break a trap in the playoffs. Which is something that other teams would have found out much quicker with Curry, Westbrook and CP3.

What?

Rose of 2015 and 2016 locked Kyrie up every time he faced him. Only PG I've seen do it too. Westbrook gets torched by Irving. Not Derrick. He's the only one I've seen neutralize him.

The Bulls game I went to this year, Rose was slicing Curry and the Warriors up getting to the rim for buckets, pull up mid range, or nice tear drop floaters.

That's with a Derrick visibly conserving himself at the expense of his team to save himself for a new contract. A mentally fragile Derrick after TWO catastrophic knee injuries.

Then we roll 2011 Derrick out there? Basically a more controlled, athletic, skilled, FEARLESS and less emotional version of Westbrook? Does he get the 2016 teammates or the injured Noah / Boozer and Luol Deng ones?

2011 D Rose is better than all of them. Shame he got cut down so early in his career.

Even 2016 Curry isn't putting up 25 ppg and 7 apg on a slow paced, grind it out Bulls team ... Without dynamic players such as Klay, Draymond, and Iggy playing a long side him.

Rose was hooping against prime LeBron / Wade / Bosh with Keith Bogans, Luol Deng, Kyle Korver and sometimes Boozer by his side.

Meanwhile Curry just shit the bed with a 73 win team playing along his side against slightly past prime LeBron and Kyrie.

Getting to the basket and destroying a team from the inside - out will always be more devastating and indefensible than relying on the longest shot on the court in gimmicky fashion to win.

2016 Cavaliers proved this fact.

Good college starter TommyGriffin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    What?

Rose of 2015 and 2016 locked Kyrie up every time he faced him. Only PG I've seen do it too. Westbrook gets torched by Irving. Not Derrick. He's the only one I've seen neutralize him.

The Bulls game I went to this year, Rose was slicing Curry and the Warriors up getting to the rim for buckets, pull up mid range, or nice tear drop floaters.

That's with a Derrick visibly conserving himself at the expense of his team to save himself for a new contract. A mentally fragile Derrick after TWO catastrophic knee injuries.

Then we roll 2011 Derrick out there? Basically a more controlled, athletic, skilled, FEARLESS and less emotional version of Westbrook? Does he get the 2016 teammates or the injured Noah / Boozer and Luol Deng ones?

2011 D Rose is better than all of them. Shame he got cut down so early in his career.

Even 2016 Curry isn't putting up 25 ppg and 7 apg on a slow paced, grind it out Bulls team ... Without dynamic players such as Klay, Draymond, and Iggy playing a long side him.

Rose was hooping against prime LeBron / Wade / Bosh with Keith Bogans, Luol Deng, Kyle Korver and sometimes Boozer by his side.

Meanwhile Curry just shit the bed with a 73 win team playing along his side against slightly past prime LeBron and Kyrie.

Getting to the basket and destroying a team from the inside - out will always be more devastating and indefensible than relying on the longest shot on the court in gimmicky fashion to win.

Thanks Coach.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    What?

Good points.

Rose outplayed them all in the last two years and rarely gets outplayed by them ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    A couple of critical points for you.

At the point guard position if a PG has

1)Great Finishers
    2)Great Athletic players
    3)Solid Shooters/Space makers
    4)High level Creators
    5)High Scorers
    6)Offensive Superstar
    7)Championship coach

He's in a great position, a near max for a PG to thrive in.

CP3 had them all about three times. Rose had one of these elements that year with a lot of injuries and a young team. If you are in doubt, the comparison should go to the guy who had the best record in the league when his team wasn't built for a PG but his team thrived anyway.

Rose also dominated the elite teams out West as well that year (the East as well). Not one of the guys mentioned outside of Rose seems capable of carrying a young team despite plenty of more opportunities. Lastly, Thibes suffered greatly with offensive schemes: That team could not break a trap in the playoffs. Which is something that other teams would have found out much quicker with Curry, Westbrook and CP3.
    lmao